• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma Trying to Hire Ohio State Defensive Coordinator Alex Grinch

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest thing this will help is the secondary.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest thing this will help is the secondary.

The biggest thing this should help is the culture but I expect secondary to get a big boost. I hope we talk to the conference leadership about petting DB’s actually play defense instead of throwing flags for breathing on receivers.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Feldman said:
BREAKING: #OhioState’s Alex Grinch is expected to become the next defensive coordinator at #OU, per source. He was a semifinalist for the 2017 Broyles Award. Grinch worked wonders at WAZZU turning a defense ranked outside the top 100 into one ranked No. 34 by the time he left WSU

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much are they forking over to get him?

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooners, how do you feel about this hire?

This can get real interesting if he has good ties in recruiting as well as a good defensive mind. Like most of us have believed, we were half a good defense away the past two years from having back to back championship trophies.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooners, how do you feel about this hire?

Guardedly optimistic. I just want to start seeing the defense stop sucking off of the offense's titties.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guardedly optimistic. I just want to start seeing the defense stop sucking off of the offense's titties.

I would say this is a good first step. With what we have on D we may see a slight improvement next year but the year after im sure we all expect a good amount of improvement.

drbuck10

Viva La Revolucion
Hoopla Cash
$ 877.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Grinch works out for OU better than for us. That's not sour grapes, but I wasn't overtly happy with the results compared to the hype when we first hired him. If he matches the results with the hype for OU, then congrats on a great hire.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say this is a good first step. With what we have on D we may see a slight improvement next year but the year after im sure we all expect a good amount of improvement.

Hope you're right. For some reason I think next season is going to be a real challenge. We might win another conference championship if Texas isn't quite as good as everyone expects them to be (assuming their studs come back for another year) but I doubt we'll make the playoff. I'm one of those OU fans who is just tired of not winning a NC. But.......year after next? We will be the team to beat in the entire country.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you're right. For some reason I think next season is going to be a real challenge. We might win another conference championship if Texas isn't quite as good as everyone expects them to be (assuming their studs come back for another year) but I doubt we'll make the playoff. I'm one of those OU fans who is just tired of not winning a NC. But.......year after next? We will be the team to beat in the entire country.

I'm with you on that, i like winning the Big12 and shoving it down my brothers face (UT Fan ugh) but over the last several years even with Bradford we had the offense to make it happen, our defense has crippled us, and we all know last year and this year we should have won it all with the offense we had, but our D was absolutely living in suxville. With the talent we have he will need to change up the schemes and maybe we see an improvement next year. If i see another 10 yard lead off from the receiver come next season i will call for his head on the very first game.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Grinch works out for OU better than for us. That's not sour grapes, but I wasn't overtly happy with the results compared to the hype when we first hired him. If he matches the results with the hype for OU, then congrats on a great hire.

That was all Schiano. He and Grinch are like oil and water and Grinch basically got ignored during his time there. He too Washington state to a top 20 D. That tells me a ton.

drbuck10

Viva La Revolucion
Hoopla Cash
$ 877.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was all Schiano. He and Grinch are like oil and water and Grinch basically got ignored during his time there. He too Washington state to a top 20 D. That tells me a ton.
I don't doubt that, especially from the rumblings I've heard.....but besides our godawful linebacker play, our safeties played the worst they have in years(safety was the position group Grinch was responsible for). Like I said, I wouldn't be completely shocked if he ends up a home run hire for OU as opposed to Ohio State, but I wasn't impressed with his recruiting and I wasn't impressed with the play of our safeties(I'm going to focus on that position as opposed to the entire defense as there definitely seemed to be a play-calling issue between Grinch and Schiano).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited about a new era.
I agree with this. Until proven otherwise I’m going to trust Lincoln Rileys judgement. I am interested to see who else is being brought in as position coaches.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cautiously optimistic. I've heard complaints about defense from tOSU fans most of the season, but I don't know how much of that is Grinch. Just having to trust Riley at this point. I've heard rumors that Thibodeaux will be the only defensive staff member retained. No idea how much truth to that.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it makes you feel good knowing we beat you bad with a defense that had no brains behind it.

It was 1-1 on the season and OU hardly beat Texas bad. Try harder next time