• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Okay, now that I've calmed down...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... this was still an awful performance today.

However, most days our offense isn't going to come out that flat, and put our defense in so many bad situations.

This loss really sucks, as we had a chance to pull 2 1/2 games ahead of GB, and two over Detroit. Not to mention, first test within the division and we failed miserably.

There's no excuse for the way this defense continues to look soft up front. Did we even get a hit on Stafford today? The one strip by Peppers I guess. The pass rush is the one thing that REALLY continues to worry me. Everything else can be fixed. It's still early enough. Tackling also has to get better. Reggie Bush made this defense look AWFUL.

The offense, well, Forte ran well. Unfortunately, we had to abandon the run in the 4th quarter, for obvious reasons.

Another positive, would be Alshon Jeffery's continued progression. He looked really good today, besides the dropped TD, which he made up for on the next play by catching an even tougher TD. If he can continue to develop opposite of Marshall, with Martellus in the middle, and Forte running well. As long as Cutler regroups, this offense WILL be a top ten unit this season.

Martellus, 8 catches for 90 yards. Earl Bennett with another TD. Marshall another solid day. He's so dependable. Cutler at least did an okay of spreading the ball around. Man though, when it rains it pours for him.

The special teams play needs to get better. Allowed another big return today, and blocking was very poor for Hester on his returns.

No excuse for the way this team played on either side of the ball for the most part of the game. We'll see what were really made of next week at home versus New Orleans. We better bring our A game.

Oh, and I can't believe Robbie Gould still hasn't learned how to kick a good onside kick. He stinks. We had no business being in that game, but if he can find a way to pop that ball up in the air. I think Cutler had a good chance at going 50 yards in 43 seconds with two timeouts. Oh well... we didn't deserve it.

Let's end with a positive... Peppers looked healthy and like his usual self for the first time all season. Making multiple impressive plays in the first half. Drawing double teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aahhh, dammit!... ...for now I'll just chalk it up to one of those bad games.
You'll get that sometimes.

The D is really starting to be a concern though.

It was good to see Pepp come to life, but just like I said, without Tillman being at full speed, our whole D game plan suffered.
No blitzing, and so, no pressure from anywhere.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aahhh, dammit!... ...for now I'll just chalk it up to one of those bad games.
You'll get that sometimes.

The D is really starting to be a concern though.

It was good to see Pepp come to life, but just like I said, without Tillman being at full speed, our whole D game plan suffered.
No blitzing, and so, no pressure from anywhere.

I thought Pep played alright, but no one...and I mean, no one else did shit on that front four. And as previously stated, the second level may as well stayed home...they did nothing.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Pep played alright, but no one...and I mean, no one else did shit on that front four. And as previously stated, the second level may as well stayed home...they did nothing.

The front four hasn't been doing shit. The only pressure we have seen (except for one sack on Dalton) has been from the linebackers blitzing.

Without Tillman, we couldn't afford to walk a safety up to help with containment on a blitz,
...so ...deep safeties, no blitz, no pressure, -nothing visible from the LB corps.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front four hasn't been doing shit. The only pressure we have seen (except for one sack on Dalton) has been from the linebackers blitzing.

Without Tillman, we couldn't afford to walk a safety up to help with containment on a blitz,
...so ...deep safeties, no blitz, no pressure, -nothing visible from the LB corps.

Agreed.

Painful to see them be able to run on us the way they did.

We have allowed monster days for a skill player in every game this year.

It all starts up front tho, as you stated...they have been non-existent all year.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and of course going 1 for 13 on third downs, and BadJay emerging to throw into double coverage for the second field-position/momentum-gift time, didn't help one bit.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems this was the first real pressure Cutler has seen this year. He revertedd back to old Jay when faced with it.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D is awful.

That was my take. Stafford missed several open receivers or it could have been a lot worse. Cutler just had a bad day. He has more weapons than I can recall the Bears having in awhile. Your guys should score enough, but I'd be a bit worried about the other side of the ball.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my take. Stafford missed several open receivers or it could have been a lot worse. Cutler just had a bad day. He has more weapons than I can recall the Bears having in awhile. Your guys should score enough, but I'd be a bit worried about the other side of the ball.

While, to be fair. Cutler's bad day did lead to the defense being pinned in a lot of bad positions. They made out quite well in a couple of them. (The INT, Fumble, etc...)

I totally agree with you. The D is the big concern. However, if Jay can limit his mistakes, and this offense can be productive as it was through the first few games. The D will benefit.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems this was the first real pressure Cutler has seen this year. He revertedd back to old Jay when faced with it.

You clearly haven't watched this year.

You saw Jay play a bad game. It happens. Especially with him. Remember a guy on your team named "Favre"? Not saying he's near as good as him, but it's pretty much the same thing...

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it all boils down to jay cutler. Mr inconsistent WILL NEVER CHANGE.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have allowed monster days for a skill player in every game this year.

Yes, that is bothersome. I co sign with Rich on Gould- we all love what he does, but for cryin out loud, WHY cant he orchestrate an onside kick???

Dear Robbie,

We all love what you do for the team, however when performing an onside kick, please perform the following steps -Kick towards the sideline, end over end and try to get the big 2nd or 3rd bounce. That is all.

Signed,

All Bear fans

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While, to be fair. Cutler's bad day did lead to the defense being pinned in a lot of bad positions. They made out quite well in a couple of them. (The INT, Fumble, etc...)

I totally agree with you. The D is the big concern. However, if Jay can limit his mistakes, and this offense can be productive as it was through the first few games. The D will benefit.

Agreed.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, it is time to try something different with Shea.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly haven't watched this year.

You saw Jay play a bad game. It happens. Especially with him. Remember a guy on your team named "Favre"? Not saying he's near as good as him, but it's pretty much the same thing...

Your right because I don't watch as much of the Bears as Bears fans do. I have caught maybe half of each game...but I haven't seen him get pressured in those sample sizes like he was yesterday. That has and always will be his achilles heel. He gets very frustrated when pressured and loses his cool.

And don't use the words Favre Cutler and near as good in the same sentence. What I think you meant to say is Jay is NOT EVEN IN THE SAME ZIP CODE as Favre.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right because I don't watch as much of the Bears as Bears fans do. I have caught maybe half of each game...but I haven't seen him get pressured in those sample sizes like he was yesterday. That has and always will be his achilles heel. He gets very frustrated when pressured and loses his cool.

And don't use the words Favre Cutler and near as good in the same sentence. What I think you meant to say is Jay is NOT EVEN IN THE SAME ZIP CODE as Favre.

I knew I'd get this response. I wasn't comparing their skill level. I was comparing the way that Favre also was capable of having really bad days.

I don't get what Packers fans HUGE issue is with Cutler. Why do you ALL despise him so much? It borders on an obsession. No Bears fans really dislike an individual Packers player that much. I've never met a Packers fan who didn't go out of his way to let me know that; "CUTLER IS A PIECE OF SHIT".

We get it... okay? Jesus. lol