• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Okay, now that I've calmed down...

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely is right. Before he gets too big, its really time to think 3-4. You dont have the DT's to stop the run, add a linebacker. Peppers and wooten will play inside more anyway, have Shea standing up like in college and he can be a Matthews type linebacker.

I was completely spent with this cover two and hoped this coaching staff would start with a new scheme. But Trestman said he will alter the offense and defense to the players strengths, maybe now he can see there are just too many holes. I mean they are changing some, at least the linebackers are not on the line and sprinting back before the snap.

the other thing was the snap count. for crying out loud, guard hits garza, garza snaps the ball. It never changed, it was pointed out on tv, the detroit line didnt need to steal signals, they knew exactly when the ball was getting snapped. Last year it was always snapped with 1 or 2 seconds on the play clock and the umteen hits and sacks showed that. At least vary it a little with a 2 or 3 count but you cannot tell any nfl lineman when the ball is being snapped and expect to block him.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem with our D against Detroit, was the lack of trust in our base D. Trestman/Tucker kept em' in a Nickel package almost the whole game!? I get that you wanna stop the pass, but having just lost Melton in the middle, I don't think your MLB should be on the sidelines for the majority of the game.

Bush ran right up the middle with efficiency....all while DJ Williams watched from the sideline. Waay to much stock put into Detroits passing game this week.

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew I'd get this response. I wasn't comparing their skill level. I was comparing the way that Favre also was capable of having really bad days.

I don't get what Packers fans HUGE issue is with Cutler. Why do you ALL despise him so much? It borders on an obsession. No Bears fans really dislike an individual Packers player that much. I've never met a Packers fan who didn't go out of his way to let me know that; "CUTLER IS A PIECE OF SHIT".

We get it... okay? Jesus. lol

As quick as packer fans are to anoit farve as the greatest ever he very much was as good as anyone at throwing it to the other team. Did he raise his game to top levels? Sure he did. Did he win titles? Yep. But did he also have more than his share of weeks when he gave games away with braincramp after braincramp of believing he was superman? Yes he did. As good as farve was on his best days i would still take Bart Starr over him everyday and twice on tuesday

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one love Cutler. He throws to our db's more than his receivers. I can't hate him for that. He's an arrogant cry baby but that's no reason to hate on him. I will agree that I would much rather have Starr over Favre any day. Favre was fun to watch but has a career rating around 87, probably from all of his last minute picks in playoff games.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I No Bears fans really dislike an individual Packers player that much.

hmmm, log onto the Mud N Cleats site and go to the Bears board. You will see plenty of hate for Rodgers and Matthews

I think most fans of opposing teams, especially the Packers, rib Cutler so much to the Bears fans because they know it will get a rise out of them. I personally think Cutler is better than 20 other QB;s in the league but will never rely on him to take the Bears all the way

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm, log onto the Mud N Cleats site and go to the Bears board. You will see plenty of hate for Rodgers and Matthews

I think most fans of opposing teams, especially the Packers, rib Cutler so much to the Bears fans because they know it will get a rise out of them. I personally think Cutler is better than 20 other QB;s in the league but will never rely on him to take the Bears all the way

It's nothing like the Packers with Jay. I've lived in Chicago my whole life. No one here really cares about Aaron Rodgers. Most of us marvel at how good he is a lot of the time. Matthews, yeah, he's a cocky douche, but we don't go out of our way to tell Packers fans we hate him. People really hate Cutler, and I just don't know what he ever did to deserve that.

I get that he has kind of a punchable face, lol, but come on. He has a radio show every Monday morning with Tom Waddle... he's just a guy. Like, the "cry baby" thing. I don't get it. He's one of the toughest football players I've ever seen, and he always takes the blame. Even when he was getting pounded into the turf 8-10 times per game in his first four seasons. It takes some nerve to call Cutler a cry baby.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like, the "cry baby" thing. I don't get it. He's one of the toughest football players I've ever seen, and he always takes the blame. Even when he was getting pounded into the turf 8-10 times per game in his first four seasons. It takes some nerve to call Cutler a cry baby.

I wouldn't call it nerve.
It's a lack of independent thought.
Dummy statements.
People that ramble out that sort of nonsense, are just repeating what they have been told by the media that their opinion should be.

Ask any one of them for an example of Jay being a crybaby, and the response is almost always "He yelled at his lineman!" (J Webb).
-Point out that every quarterback in the league does that at some time or another, and they are called a passionate competitor for it, and they just revert back to the "...he's just a crybaby quitter..." sort of sheep mentality.

Cutler is a competitor, that has never thrown any of his teammates under the bus, and he is obviously a pretty tough dude.

No one here, or anywhere for that matter, can cite one legitimate example of him being a crybaby.
They'll just give you examples of their own deluded perception.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of twisted pantie in this thread

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my take. Stafford missed several open receivers or it could have been a lot worse. Cutler just had a bad day. He has more weapons than I can recall the Bears having in awhile. Your guys should score enough, but I'd be a bit worried about the other side of the ball.

I completely agree.

On a related point, your Lions are looking really good. It should be an interesting game at GB Sunday.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can agree with you on that. The Bears have not had a good QB in decades, and I sincerely wish/hope/pray they can get one before I die of old age.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem with our D against Detroit, was the lack of trust in our base D. Trestman/Tucker kept em' in a Nickel package almost the whole game!? I get that you wanna stop the pass, but having just lost Melton in the middle, I don't think your MLB should be on the sidelines for the majority of the game.

Bush ran right up the middle with efficiency....all while DJ Williams watched from the sideline. Waay to much stock put into Detroits passing game this week.

Yes, but what are the chances the do the exact same thing trying to defend Brees?

Bush looked as good as Sproles usually does on third downs.

You really have basically the same type of offense other than the fact that Brees is one of the best in the game and pimp in detroit is still making mistakes.

This game can get real ugly real fast. The only thing we have going for us is Brees is 0-4 at soldier field, but its not gonna be freezing with a slick field.

It should be an awesome game if the offense can keep up with what the defense gives up. Seems like this team will only win if the defense scores at least once.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with you on that. The Bears have not had a good QB in decades, and I sincerely wish/hope/pray they can get one before I die of old age.

Cutler's definitely a good QB. Just not great. However, the Bears can absolutely win with him. He just needs the pieces to be in place. He's obviously not a Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc... However, he could easily be a Joe Flacco, Big Ben, etc... A guy who's good and gets the job done.