• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OK, who would you rather face in the SB?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that having the two number one seeds would be the best and most popular match ups. Especially this year because it would feature the ultimate offense vs the ultimate defense. What could be better? It would be the most watched Superbowl ever.
NE is the weak sister out of group, they mostly arrive here thru attrition. With the usual power house teams ( Steelers and Ravens ) having to regroup, it really didn't leave a competitive group left. Colts are still to young and lacked the depth to hold up to the injuries ever team has, Bengals ,Chargers, are to up and down to make a run and the Chiefs did a nice job of rebounding from a 2 win season, but hardly Superbowl material this year.

Broncos vs Seahawks is the ticket.

To me it's the teams that are more historically relevant to the fans. That's the Niners vs Pats. That would net the biggest viewership. :2cents:

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver because I watch at my best friend's house and since he's a Pats fan I would opt not to go there if SF were playing them.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm with Harold on this one. Having both #1 seeds, best defense vs best offense would be a great match-up. As far as viewership, the SB has zero problem with that regardless of who's playing. The ratings are always through the roof. But honestly, it doesn't matter. Any of the match-ups would be great. Right now, I just want the Hawks to get by San Fran this week and get their shot.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also agree, the game at the Clink is the real Super Bowl. As long as we don't beat each other up too much, we will dominate any AFC challenger.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say either way, the sb will break records this year. The biggest tv draw would be NE-SF. But the most intriguing matchup to football fans would be Denver's pass offense against Seattle's pass defense.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also agree, the game at the Clink is the real Super Bowl. As long as we don't beat each other up too much, we will dominate any AFC challenger.

Laughable.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that any team "has a chance" but honestly, whoever gets in from that conference will be considered an underdog. You really can't deny that. Seattle and San Fran are 1 and 1A as far as the NFL goes because of both teams defenses and they can beat anybody. New England or Denver will have to be absolutely perfect and hope for mistakes on the other side to have that chance. Who knows, maybe that will happen. The game will be played between the lines, as it always is and everything else is just speculation. The one edge both AFC teams have is the experience at QB but SF and Seattle are run first teams anyway and the young guns are athletic enough to overcome any shortfall in age and experience in "the big one".

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that any team "has a chance" but honestly, whoever gets in from that conference will be considered an underdog. You really can't deny that. Seattle and San Fran are 1 and 1A as far as the NFL goes because of both teams defenses and they can beat anybody. New England or Denver will have to be absolutely perfect and hope for mistakes on the other side to have that chance. Who knows, maybe that will happen. The game will be played between the lines, as it always is and everything else is just speculation. The one edge both AFC teams have is the experience at QB but SF and Seattle are run first teams anyway and the young guns are athletic enough to overcome any shortfall in age and experience in "the big one".

SF and Seattle have the best defenses. You might underestimate the importance of the QB position, however, if you anoint those teams 1 and 1A.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SF and Seattle have the best defenses. You might underestimate the importance of the QB position, however, if you anoint those teams 1 and 1A.

I don't underestimate the QB but I don't over rate them as much as everybody else in this day and age does. They still need the rest of the team to perform to win games. Even the greatest QB's lose games. And I'm not anointing Seattle and San Fran. They've been considered the best 2 "teams" in football all year and that hasn't changed.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver was a bigger favorite than either for most of the year.

vindicare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing how having an amazing defense counters a sub standard offense. Pats and miners are probably the more rounded of the four. With Denver and Seattle being much better on one side of the ball.

Pats-9ers is my pick you have all the normal stuff plus add the "will Brady tie Montana ect" story line

If the pats lose this week I want hawks-Denver.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't underestimate the QB but I don't over rate them as much as everybody else in this day and age does. They still need the rest of the team to perform to win games. Even the greatest QB's lose games. And I'm not anointing Seattle and San Fran. They've been considered the best 2 "teams" in football all year and that hasn't changed.

Here are the current Vegas odds: http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

I can't remember for sure, but I think that NE was also favored over both SF and Seattle when the season began.

I totally agree with you that QBs tend to get too much credit, but I also think that there is quite a bit of difference in the likelihood of a QB like PFM or Brady leading his team to a win than there is a younger QB like Kaepernick or Wilson. We shall certainly see. :suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle is an easier win, but I would rather see the better game so I want to see SF.

bf5f81e8ab8007c8bd587fcc4f10a5102b47dad2be5403e8b9c1284b5cff4614.jpg

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks because i think SF would give NE more problems..