• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State Football self reports 16 NCAA violations, punished by NCAA

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaughs first year vs two years at the end of Urbana career? And given the amount of violations in two years I’d bet there’s a similar period of time where OSU had more violations in the same span.

But my point was more about mass violations in general. If there’s no punishment why have the rule and why not break the rules?
Yeah, well, I bet harbaugh has more over the whole time span

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like the NCAA has vacated it's ability to investigate programs.
They are MIA.

Of course they come out of nowhere and hammer some programs nobody cares about.

Then they act all big and bad.

This is what I think of.

tenor.gif

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems kind of pointless though to have violations and no punishment. Why not just remove the rules and make it easier for everyone?
I dont disagree. But they have to try to have the appearance of control.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still kicking that ass again come November. We’re coming for the Harbaugh knock out punch. Who’s the next Michigan man up? Brady?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe once or twice.

And he's teaching a leadership class :pound:
Hopefully those chest pains don’t come back up when it comes times to grade exams.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably most if not all. But at some point you have to look at the collective whole, no? At what point does a pile of secondary violations add up to a major issue? it kind of looks like they repeatedly made minor recruiting violations knowing nothing would come of it.

You mean like extra practice time...or something.

Reactions: gob

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AdolescentLeafyIaerismetalmark-size_restricted.gif

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In todays overly politically correct country we live in some dumbass group out there would find the phrase rubbing paint sexually offensive.

According to my parole officer, it is. Just a heads up … there are apparently two ways to interpret "petting zoo" as well.

Seems kind of pointless though to have violations and no punishment. Why not just remove the rules and make it easier for everyone?

There is a reason that violations are categorized as secondary. That definition should allay your concerns.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to my parole officer, it is. Just a heads up … there are apparently two ways to interpret "petting zoo" as well.

There is a reason that violations are categorized as secondary. That definition should allay your concerns.
Sure, and ignoring a few ones here and there are fine. But where's the line? How many do you shrug off and ignore? IF a team commits 30 of them, do you do nothing? 50? 100? What's the point of following them if there's no punishment? Why not just break all secondary recruiting rules because in mass they'd absolutely give you an advantage over other schools.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, and ignoring a few ones here and there are fine. But where's the line? How many do you shrug off and ignore? IF a team commits 30 of them, do you do nothing? 50? 100? What's the point of following them if there's no punishment? Why not just break all secondary recruiting rules because in mass they'd absolutely give you an advantage over other schools.
Or, a better question - Why do you care? Just because you want to take a dig at Urban? We all know if this happened at, say, Texas Tech, you wouldn't give a flying fuck.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The line is at secondary with self reporting. Secondary violations do not give an overly competitive advantage, IF any at all, to a team. The schools normally set their own punishment … we banned one of our coaches from recruiting for a week over one text … and if the NCAA disagrees with the self imposed sanctions, they step in. The benefit is that schools are policing themselves, and if they self report and correct the minor violations it saves time/resources. It also kind of destroys you "and nothing happens" narrative.