• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State Football self reports 16 NCAA violations, punished by NCAA

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know this is very minor when it isn't one of the headlines on ESPN lolzzz

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the time nothing happens, some of the time a school implements a very minor penalty. These rules are minor by nature and 1 of them is an extremely minor offense. But what about 30 of them? If you illegally contact 1 recruit in a no-contact period, meh. But what about contacting 30 recruits in a no-contact period?

That's why the NCAA has final say as to the punishments being appropriate. With Across the Field's previous post … TN coach tweeted congrats to a HS basketball team. Does it matter if one or fifty recruits read the tweet? Let me ask you this: would you rather schools police themselves on minor issues like secondary violations or let the vast majority of them go unnoticed?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are pointless. Again, Tennessee's coach had to face a "violation" for tweeting congrats to a HS basketball team. That alone should tell you the problem is with the NCAA, not the coaches. If sending a tweet or text to a kid is all you need to get him to commit, you were likely getting his commitment regardless.
Michigan State got hit with a violation for Tom Izzo taking his old high school basketball team for a tour of the Breslin Center have they made their first State Basketball tournament. None of the high schoolers were being recruited by MSU.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to see here @HammerDown you can go back to living in your shed snorting your drugs

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State got hit with a violation for Tom Izzo taking his old high school basketball team for a tour of the Breslin Center have they made their first State Basketball tournament. None of the high schoolers were being recruited by MSU.
Yeah that's an absolute joke. Even if they were, a kid isn't gonna say "Ya know, I really love everything Duke has to offer, and North Carolina is an amazing program constantly pumping out NBA lottery picks, but Izzo did give me that tour of the Breslin Center once, so clearly I'm gonna be a Spartan!" Just stupid.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's an absolute joke. Even if they were, a kid isn't gonna say "Ya know, I really love everything Duke has to offer, and North Carolina is an amazing program constantly pumping out NBA lottery picks, but Izzo did give me that tour of the Breslin Center once, so clearly I'm gonna be a Spartan!" Just stupid.
Well he gave a tour during a non official visit, off with his head.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he gave a tour during a non official visit, off with his head.
The gears can grind incredibly slow with the NCAA in making decisions on certain things, and it's no wonder. Their compliance officers are busy investigating nonsense like this.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly my interest in laughing at OSU brought me to this point, but I think it's an interesting question to ask. What's the point of these rules?
"To make Urban Meyer look bad!" - Ohio State fans

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why the NCAA has final say as to the punishments being appropriate. With Across the Field's previous post … TN coach tweeted congrats to a HS basketball team. Does it matter if one or fifty recruits read the tweet? Let me ask you this: would you rather schools police themselves on minor issues like secondary violations or let the vast majority of them go unnoticed?
Honestly, I'd rather remove a lot of these secondary violations entirely and make rules more condensed/easier to follow.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is just fine. I wish Suburban Meyer was still around, it would have been nice to turn the tables and beat him with regularity. Oh well.
I mean, it'd be nice for the Cavs to win the title next year, but it's obviously not happening.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the cliffnotes from Ohio State fans in this thread for anyone interested: "As long as recruits keep commiting, we really don't give two shits about violations. Hell, we'll excuse anything!"

That's right, because other fan bases would be writing their school presidents and AD's they won't be renewing their season tickets until they clean up their act from such minor transgressions :pound:

Some realist you are :L

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right, because other fan bases would be writing their school presidents and AD's they won't be renewing their season tickets until they clean up their act from such minor transgressions :pound:

Some realist you are :L
That’s what Alabama fans did after getting caught “personalizing desserts”