• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State at Wisconsin (Saturday 3:30ET)

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too early to start a thread?

I'm going to need to figure out how to watch this in London. At least it's an afternoon game not a night game.

Prediction: Braxton Miller has a solid day but Wisconsin's running game breaks through in the second half. Wisconsin 37, Ohio State 31.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'oh. Just saw jerms' thread. Guess it wasn't too early.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those polls never become Wisconsin game threads anyways.

If Stave were healthy, I think this would be a fairly straight forward win. Of course, if Stave were healthy we would have a 22 game home win streak,we would be 8-2, and this would be the national headline game.

Without him, OSU can load up to stop the run. Phillips is going to have to make a few big throws to Abby if we want to win. I'm in an optimistic mood, so I say we get it done. On defense, we have always had some problems with scrambling quarterbacks, but none of the non-Braxton players really scare me. Assuming our defense doesn't mistakenly think Braxton has crossed the line like Henry did on that last play a year ago, we should win.

Wisconsin 31, Ohio State 24

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you guys are right.

I can put some faith in Wisconsin's defense containing Miller and potentially forcing him into some bad throws.

Offensively, Wisconsin has only had good rushing days against bad rushing defenses so you're gonna need some QB play.

Is Borland healthy? I think Wisconsin had the best LB duo the Huskers have seen this year and that's saying something considering the good rushing D's in the B1G.

If I could put together a B1G defense by layer, I'd pick Mich St's D Line, Wisconsin's LB's, and Nebraska's DB's.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Borland is dinged up, but nothing that will actually slow him down. Taylor and Armstrong are 100% I think.

KC Clark

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU is going to win because Braxton Miller plays at whatever level is necessary to win (would not make that claim if OSU was playing a top 10 team).

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Borland is dinged up, but nothing that will actually slow him down. Taylor and Armstrong are 100% I think.

Good to hear. I remember Borland getting dinged up in one of your last couple of games. If all those LB's are healthy I feel good about Wisky getting a close hard fought win.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think y'all are a tad high on your score predictions.

20-17 Wisconsin

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The corners have had some pretty good performances considering the lack of pressure on the opposing QB. If they're winning their matchups more often than not, I like our chances in this game, because this defense can stop the run. They may not get to the QB much, but they can stop the run.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The corners have had some pretty good performances considering the lack of pressure on the opposing QB. If they're winning their matchups more often than not, I like our chances in this game, because this defense can stop the run. They may not get to the QB much, but they can stop the run.

I won't make a prediction. Other than it should be a slober knocker. I will say this......If you don't get to the QB much, you will not stop the rushing game. Bad news for the buckeyes is that Dunn is out as Hyde's backup.

Good luck, although I really hope you have NO luck.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is your run game different than everyone else's, and since when do you have to have a pass rush to stop the run? Usually, if you don't have a pass rush you struggle more with the pass.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean to sound too defensive there, but is tOSU's ground game dominating lately? I genuinely hope not. Our defense kind of rides on that run stuffing ability.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why is your run game different than everyone else's, and since when do you have to have a pass rush to stop the run? Usually, if you don't have a pass rush you struggle more with the pass.

If you don't get the right pressure on Miller he will be the run game. It sounds easier to contain him than it actually is. Carlos Hyde can power the ball in the middle. They just started using him and Dunn together and Dunn gets hurt. That changes things a bit. You'll probably see Corey Brown at the tailback spot with Carlos at FB a few times.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no idea what to expect from this game... i've not seen wisconsin play this year and our team is schizophrenic...

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't get the right pressure on Miller he will be the run game. It sounds easier to contain him than it actually is. Carlos Hyde can power the ball in the middle. They just started using him and Dunn together and Dunn gets hurt. That changes things a bit. You'll probably see Corey Brown at the tailback spot with Carlos at FB a few times.

Well hopefully we don't have to collapse the pocket to contain him. I agree he could be a huge problem.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trick is keeping him in the pocket... idk what kind of push your d-line gets on pass rushing downs... miller's biggest runs generally come on broken pass plays...

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too early to start a thread?

I'm going to need to figure out how to watch this in London. At least it's an afternoon game not a night game.

Prediction: Braxton Miller has a solid day but Wisconsin's running game breaks through in the second half. Wisconsin 37, Ohio State 31.

There are several pubs in London where Yanks get together for NFL games, shouldn't be too difficult to find a good one for CFB, I would think this game would be a popular one in that time slut. Just pub crawl till you find one, wth