• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Ohio State at Penn State | 7:30 PM EST | ABC

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safies are pretty bad, corners are OK. Pretty much what it is in what you said there though.

Thankfully the 2 teams on our schedule that were gonna give this defense the most problems (TCU and PSU) are beaten and overwith

MSU and Michigan both kind of play into the hands of this defense. Same with Wisconsin who would be the likely opponent in the B1G title game. Though the offense could always crap the bed and cost us one of those games. We will see though.

You don’t have to worry about UM beating you with quick throws. Our outside WR’s seem to only run go patterns. Though if your safeties aren’t good — UM’s TE could give you problems.
I HOPE AND PRAY Tarik Black is back and healthy in a few weeks. We find out in Thursday. Without him — UM has had issues getting separation on any route that is a fly pattern. Nico Collins and DPJ can both get behind a defense, but they have issues getting off the line.

Right now though — UM isn’t ready to play a top ten team.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let you know when Alabama plays a ranked team. Penn State is a Top 10 team.

They played a great game against OSU, but I wouldn’t call them a top 10 team. They are the same team who gave up 38 to App State and needed OT to beat them.

They had a great game plan against OSU though.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t have to worry about UM beating you with quick throws. Our outside WR’s seem to only run go patterns. Though if your safeties aren’t good — UM’s TE could give you problems.
I HOPE AND PRAY Tarik Black is back and healthy in a few weeks. We find out in Thursday. Without him — UM has had issues getting separation on any route that is a fly pattern. Nico Collins and DPJ can both get behind a defense, but they have issues getting off the line.

Right now though — UM isn’t ready to play a top ten team.

Michigan is a lot of a power run game. As mediocre as our LBers are they succeed in stopping that. It's the quick QB run pass option type plays that have seemed to give us the huge issues so far this year. The way to beat us is to get the ball quickly to fast guys in the open field and our safties/lbers are bound to whiff and give up gashers multiple times in a game. We havent really given up many deep balls down field. PSU hit a few (one was an amazing 1 handed catch in good coverage) but that's really been about it. It's been the quick hitters into space that end up getting broken for huge games due to poor tackling/crap angles. McSorely was able to get some huge gains on the ground and TCU hit a few as well with the spread speed run game. I don't see Patterson doing that or Michigan's running game in general

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think Borland is back at 100% at this point. He was so fantastic against the run last year but he's definitely off. Browning is still just a 2nd year guy, so I'm sure he'll come along. Malik Harrison is wildly inconsistent, and Werner is still learning. The biggest issue this year it the lack of proven veteran leadership. Borland started for about half the year last year, but otherwise, this is a very green group. They're talented, no doubt, but they need more experience.
Not sure if I was watching the same game as the coaches. All 3 starting LB's graded out as "champions" in the evals.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played a great game against OSU, but I wouldn’t call them a top 10 team. They are the same team who gave up 38 to App State and needed OT to beat them.

They had a great game plan against OSU though.

This PSU team doesnt seem to have that "it" factor. They may have blown their wad coming up short against us

Would not be shocked to see them go 1-2 against MSU/UM/WIS, a lot less shocked than if they happened to go 3-0 against that lot.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but to judge how good Alabama is I want to see them tested by a top team.

Considering they're the defending champs and the talent on the roster, I feel comfortable in saying that Alabama is the favorite to win it all again. They finally have a QB.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I was watching the same game as the coaches. All 3 starting LB's graded out as "champions" in the evals.

The champions thing has been considering. Michael Jordan graded out as a champion in the TCU game. After rolling the ball to Haskins all game