• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason thread

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not...."The Gordie Howe hat trick"....nuff said

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not...."The Gordie Howe hat trick"....nuff said

The funny thing Howe only did that 2 times in his career. There is another player who leads the all time list in that specific category. His name escapes me now.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing Howe only did that 2 times in his career. There is another player who leads the all time list in that specific category. His name escapes me now.

Ya, but its named after Gordie....you get something like that your a legend no matter what.....like you said some other guy did it a lot more....

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he is saying half of 2 is 1....which 1 more cup would be ok!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks on the hunt for Malkin. Where the hell is the cap space coming from?

Breaking: Blockbuster trade rumors involving Evgeni Malkin from multiple sources!

Ain't buying it at all. The Hawks are in cap hell and this doesn't solve that not to mention the Pens just won another Cup and don't need to move a guy like Malkin.

The dollars don't make sense at all, considering a guy like Kane would be going the other way based on the salary involved or even a Brent Seabrook, who they just signed to 8 years/$55 million that kicks in this season. Toews I think they don't even sniff moving for obvious reasons, and all 4 guys mentioned have full NMCs.

That Steve Zipay guy sounds like a complete dumbshit and misheard something.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucic headed to free agency. Sucks, the Kings gave up a huge price to get him and based on the rentals and 1sts, prospects, etc. lost the last few years this one really stings.

Milan Lucic Confirms He'll Hit Free Agency - TSS

Onward and upward, focus on shoring up that defense and see if they can get a decent forward at maybe a discount since they are still contenders.

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize this probably deserves a new thread, but wondering how potentially losing Lucic will alter expansion plans. If the Kings spend a lot of $$$ and capital acquiring another D-man instead of Lucic, would they protect 4 D-man in expansion draft? But if so, then they obviously expose more forwards, and lessen the chance the of Las Vegas taking Dustin Brown if more FW option are available. Damn.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I too would've liked Looch to return but honestly for what he wants (term/dollars) he can go waste away his career in Edmonton (i.e. Sekera) or with Vancouver. Sign Lewis, trade King for more cap space and then figure out if they can bring Schenn back. With the money leftover go figure out a top D pair for Drew. With the forwards group coming up Mersch and Dowd, I think the Kings will actually be ok.

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, if they have a miracle to trade Brown, don't sign Looch..... maybe they could sign Stamkos! Haha

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize this probably deserves a new thread, but wondering how potentially losing Lucic will alter expansion plans. If the Kings spend a lot of $$$ and capital acquiring another D-man instead of Lucic, would they protect 4 D-man in expansion draft? But if so, then they obviously expose more forwards, and lessen the chance the of Las Vegas taking Dustin Brown if more FW option are available. Damn.

Magic question facing all GMs. If the Kings stay a defense first team - which I think they should but also augment that into a hybrid speed/power team - I expect them to protect 4D.

The way this ED is designed is to make it hard on GMs. No more dumping the likes of McKenna and Johnson like I hit on in previous posts, all teams will most likely be losing a decent player. Vegas is going to be competitive out of the gate unlike previous expansion teams Ottawa, SJ, Tampa, etc.

The format for the Protected List will be (refresher for most, maybe new to some) 7F/3D/1G or 8 skaters (F or D)/1G. Guys like Kopitar (NMC) are automatically exempt while guys with NTCs (Brown, even though it's a LNTC) can be exposed. Any exposed player needs to have at least 1 year left on his current deal so no UFA dumping ala Schneider in 2000 (which is how he was selected by the BJs but ended up signing with the Kings later that summer as a UFA) and the BJs got a Compensatory Draft Pick for losing him (none of that this time either).

If the Kings get a solid defender, my assumption is they will protect 4D - Martinez/Muzzin/Doughty/Acquired Player. As you stated that opens up 3 more forward slots, and what's following is based on the current roster but we can safely assume Carter and Toffoli are 2 of the 3 forwards.

If they acquire a T6 forward you can add that guy to the list. Pearson may be protected if he plays like he did from Feb 2016 on, otherwise that new F will be the protected one. Goalie is obvious, Quick so expect the Kings to sign a cheap backup goalie to an affordable 2 year deal.

I think Gaborik and Brown will be left exposed mainly due to their contracts and some guys like Mersch will be exempt but everyone else will be fair game (Shore, Andreoff, etc.).

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HALLEFUCKINGJULLA if true. I am over that goofy looking dick lick teasing us with his size and skill and then playing like a B6 player all damn season long. He was useless all season long yet again and his history has shown he is like this with moments of flash. It's maddening.

He's been given enough chances to show he can be more than he is but doesn't. See ya.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, if they have a miracle to trade Brown, don't sign Looch..... maybe they could sign Stamkos! Haha

I may be in the minority, but as skilled as Stamkos is, I don't get "winner" vibe from him. No doubt he is a generational talent, but something about him just sets my senses off. He reminds me of a more emotionally balanced Getzlaf - lots of skill but doesn't have what it takes to get his team over the hump.

Thus I would not want LA to have cap hell in 3 years again by signing him. Picking Doughty over him was not only a foregone conclusion well before the 2008 draft but it was the right decision too.

He is a ton of fun to watch however.