• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last years haul:

Player POS AGE Years Total Contract Value Guaranteed Money 1st year Cap Hit
Terrance Williams WR 27 4 17.0 million 9.5 million 2.3 million
Nolan Carroll CB 30 3 10.0 million 3.0 million 2.0 million
Byron Bell RT 28 1 2.5 million 0.3 million tbd
Stephen Paea DE 28 1 2.0 million 0.5 million 1.9 million
Jonathan Cooper OG 27 1 2.0 million 0.5 million 1.7 million
Damontre Moore DE 24 2 1.7 million 0.1 million 0.8 million
Brice Butler WR 27 1 1.1 million 0.3 million 1.1 million
Darren McFadden RB 29 1 1.0 million 0.1 million 0.7 million
Kellen Moore QB 27 1 0.8 million 0.1 million 0.6 million
David Irving DT 23 1 0.6 million - 0.6 million
Total 38.6 million 14.3 million 11.7 million

Signing guys just to sign them isn't always great either.
not talking about signing just to sign someone but at least be in the game. NO signed Okafor to a 2 year 10M contract don't tell me you don't think he could have help us. and there have been a couple of others we could have used

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
understandable why their not.
Now the Rangers was an entirely different situation and they have zero excuse. I hope you stood on your soap box about that team.
I totally disagree with the steps the Rangers did this off-season and I disagree with the Cowboys' lack of activity now

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not talking about signing just to sign someone but at least be in the game. NO signed Okafor to a 2 year 10M contract don't tell me you don't think he could have help us. and there have been a couple of others we could have used
The Nolan Carroll signing was a terrible one.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well per Spotrac Dallas is currently 8.06M under the cap and the draft class will take a little under 8M to sign, so again the CAP will not allow the twam to be as aggressive as you're calling for.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well per Spotrac Dallas is currently 8.06M under the cap and the draft class will take a little under 8M to sign, so again the CAP will not allow the twam to be as aggressive as you're calling for.
Dallas will probably be cutting Scandrick which will free up a little. When they sign Martin it will actually save them a few million this year against the cap. If they want to make other moves it will mean cutting other guys like Crawford so they will have to make the decision on who they want more. I like Crawford but would prefer an OL or LB. I could also see extending Collins and lowering his 2018 cap #. Seeing what Mathieu got I would have signed him. Then there is the Dez factor. If they signed a big WR it likely meant cutting Dez which probably is about a wash but very easily makes a move like that viable. They can easily clear out space for a few moves if they want without hurting themselves short term or long term. But PLEASE do not restructure Smith. His back issue could be crippling to our cap for years if they push more of his money out into the future and he doesn't get healthy.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas will probably be cutting Scandrick which will free up a little. When they sign Martin it will actually save them a few million this year against the cap. If they want to make other moves it will mean cutting other guys like Crawford so they will have to make the decision on who they want more. I like Crawford but would prefer an OL or LB. I could also see extending Collins and lowering his 2018 cap #. Seeing what Mathieu got I would have signed him. Then there is the Dez factor. If they signed a big WR it likely meant cutting Dez which probably is about a wash but very easily makes a move like that viable. They can easily clear out space for a few moves if they want without hurting themselves short term or long term. But PLEASE do not restructure Smith. His back issue could be crippling to our cap for years if they push more of his money out into the future and he doesn't get healthy.
I getvall what they can and may do to free up space, I'm just looking at the current numbers. Besides I'm happy they haven't all out mortgaged the future for this FA class.
Id have liked Mathieu atba decent price but he hasn't been himself the last couple of seasons.
I'd rather get DLaw signed and Irving back.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what I think they will do

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I getvall what they can and may do to free up space, I'm just looking at the current numbers. Besides I'm happy they haven't all out mortgaged the future for this FA class.
Id have liked Mathieu atba decent price but he hasn't been himself the last couple of seasons.
I'd rather get DLaw signed and Irving back.
But the current numbers are never "the numbers". Ultimately I think what they feel about Lawrence will decide their course of action in FA. I'm kind of good with the one year tag. If they sign him LT it will free up a ton of space this year and they'll use it. IMO they are better off making him prove it again. It's not like his value will go up much from $17M if he has a huge year. I don't care what they do as long as they don't kill the future with restructures. That is the whole reason we don't have space right now and why our last big FA signing was 2012.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the current numbers are never "the numbers". Ultimately I think what they feel about Lawrence will decide their course of action in FA. I'm kind of good with the one year tag. If they sign him LT it will free up a ton of space this year and they'll use it. IMO they are better off making him prove it again. It's not like his value will go up much from $17M if he has a huge year. I don't care what they do as long as they don't kill the future with restructures. That is the whole reason we don't have space right now and why our last big FA signing was 2012.
If he plays 2018 the same as 17, I'm thinking he'll go the Cousins route via the FT and ask for 20M with 45M guaranteed. I honestly think players will use FT $$$ as contract starting points.
And yes I know current cap space is fluid, but I'm not one who goes by what ifs when I personally have no control of the situation. We can all sit here and name a few contract redos and possible player cuts, but until the team pulls the trigger, I don't count those. Sure if there was a MUST have FA moves could happen, but since the team is in no hurry I'm thinking they aren't overly in love with this market.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not happening. He can ask for what he wants but he isn't getting $20M/year on a long term deal and you cannot compare QBs to any other position because the bargaining power and salary structure is different. He isn't one of the best DL in the NFL based on what he has done so far and I don't think any DL makes over $17M per year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Kyle Wilber signs with the Raiders. Cowboys meeting with FA OL Marcus Martin
Good. I didn't want Wilbur back. He didn't really have a position here and we was OK but not great on STs. I wish him the best. He was here a while