• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever two year old. Keep telling everyone how great Dez is in one sentence and then contradict yourself by saying the Browns would be fools to give up a 2nd rounder for him. Clueless
If the Browns give the Cowboys a 2nd round pick for Dez I'll apologize and say you were right but I doubt that will happen.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's full of shit.
He told he had members on the Cowboys thread message me to express what a jackass I am.

Now I will not deny I'm a jackass, but I do question members on the Cowboys thread expressing this too him as I don't to many here like his GB ass in the first place.
I have quite a few friends on the Cowboys thread despite what you think.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Browns give the Cowboys a 2nd round pick for Dez I'll apologize and say you were right but I doubt that will happen.

You're missing the point. You blame Dak for Dez's drops and reduced numbers, and yet think that even a team like the Browns wouldn't waste a 2nd round pick on him.

There is definitely something inconsistent with your position - note, not with the Browns' but with your position. Either Dez is a phenom who only suffers from poor QB play and is therefore worthy of giving up a 2nd round pick, or he isn't. Whether the Browns are willing or not, you can't possibly defend both beliefs.

Seems like you have backed yourself into a corner of stupidity while trying to claim Manster to be a liar. Dude, you got issues.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing the point. You blame Dak for Dez's drops and reduced numbers, and yet think that even a team like the Browns wouldn't waste a 2nd round pick on him.

There is definitely something inconsistent with your position - note, not with the Browns' but with your position. Either Dez is a phenom who only suffers from poor QB play and is therefore worthy of giving up a 2nd round pick, or he isn't. Whether the Browns are willing or not, you can't possibly defend both beliefs.

Seems like you have backed yourself into a corner of stupidity while trying to claim Manster to be a liar. Dude, you got issues.
Dez value as a player has gone down since Dak became the starting QB. I'm consistent with my opinion.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the Cowboys tagging Lawrence, the Cowboys wiped out all of their previous free cap space and adding in their draft class they are 1.5+M over the cap. now the cowboys have restructure salaries and/or cut players just to do even the minimal

Last edited:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the Cowboys tagging Lawrence, the Cowboys wiped out all of their previous free cap space and adding in their draft class they are 1.5+M over the cap. now the cowboys have restructure salaries and/or cut players just to do even the minimal
They have until July 16 to work out a contract.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have until July 16 to work out a contract.
Lawrence has made it clear that he wants 17M a year so we would only save maybe a million on his 2018 salary from what he gets with franchise tag. personally I would have stuck a 1st round tag on him, let other teams do the negotiating and making him contract offers and then the Cowboys could match the offer or pass and receive the other team's next 2 - 1st round picks. we could then sign a DE like Alex Okafor and use the 1st round pick we pick up to draft another DE/Edge Rusher

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a lot of non-QBs in this league worth both $17M a year AND two first round draft picks. Usually you can almost replace their talent with the $17M alone and then you still have the two picks to play with.

One thing about Lawrence is the amount of time he has actually excelled on the field isn't that much at this point. He wasn't a first rounder so you don't get the extra year and he had the injuries and other issues. So maybe a one year $17M deal is a good thing for the team. Plus, I love how happy he was to sign it. I'm sick of these Aholes that cry like a baby when they get tagged.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a lot of non-QBs in this league worth both $17M a year AND two first round draft picks. Usually you can almost replace their talent with the $17M alone and then you still have the two picks to play with.

One thing about Lawrence is the amount of time he has actually excelled on the field isn't that much at this point. He wasn't a first rounder so you don't get the extra year and he had the injuries and other issues. So maybe a one year $17M deal is a good thing for the team. Plus, I love how happy he was to sign it. I'm sick of these Aholes that cry like a baby when they get tagged.
I agree. I understand why they did it. I dont think they tag him if they had confidence in Taco. That 17m hurts us for Free-agency. Let the restructure begin..Rinse and Repeat 22 years and counting.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting Scandrick saves 3 mill post June 1. Cutting Beasley saves 3.2 mill. Those are moves that are very likely, but haven't happened. Then we have three big ones to deal with. Trying to get Dez and T.Crawford to restructure or add BS years to reduce cap hit. Along with those two, we have Witten who I don't see his value at 6.5 million. Maybe we cut his current contract and sign him to a smaller one.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting Scandrick saves 3 mill post June 1. Cutting Beasley saves 3.2 mill. Those are moves that are very likely, but haven't happened. Then we have three big ones to deal with. Trying to get Dez and T.Crawford to restructure or add BS years to reduce cap hit. Along with those two, we have Witten who I don't see his value at 6.5 million. Maybe we cut his current contract and sign him to a smaller one.
Unless Switzer is ready to replace Beasley he ain't going anywhere. Beasley is Daks most trusted WR. Agree with the rest.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Beasley he's easily traded before being cut. He's got value, especially if traded to NE.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I understand why they did it. I dont think they tag him if they had confidence in Taco. That 17m hurts us for Free-agency. Let the restructure begin..Rinse and Repeat 22 years and counting.
I disagree on the 22 years and counting part. Our approach in FA, as with the draft, had seen a dramatic change the last 4-5 years. If DLaw had been a draft bust, we'd still be $17 million under the cap lol. At least we are paying big money to guys in their prime rather than over the hill broke down players. The Cowboys cap was the worst in NFL history a few years back. Once the Romo money comes off next year, we will be just fine

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all that does is clear money to sign Martin

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Switzer is ready to replace Beasley he ain't going anywhere. Beasley is Daks most trusted WR. Agree with the rest.
Maybe we do keep him, but with his replacement already on the roster AND we save cap by cutting him AND we seem to be headed toward complete overhaul of the WR position leads me to believe Beasley's job is not safe.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on the 22 years and counting part. Our approach in FA, as with the draft, had seen a dramatic change the last 4-5 years. If DLaw had been a draft bust, we'd still be $17 million under the cap lol. At least we are paying big money to guys in their prime rather than over the hill broke down players. The Cowboys cap was the worst in NFL history a few years back. Once the Romo money comes off next year, we will be just fine
I will believe it when I see it. Although it has improved, Stephen still keeps restructuring contracts and kicking the can down the road hamstringing this team to be a player for any substantial free agent to help this team. Minnesota is winning and way under the Cap. When will Jerry and company ever do that??

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Beasley, but I think they cut him
Just about any WR is cuttable on this team. But what would be the point of cutting Beasley. We would just spend that money replacing him.
Dez is his own story all on its own.
T-rex I personally cant wait for his cutting.
Beasley might be the last of WRs I would cut. (unless I went complete rebuild mode which this isnt)
Now if some of our young guys come into their own, or draft some stud I could see it. But then again I would get rid of T-rex before Beasley even in that case. I dont see lil' chain mover going anywhere.