• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason, cap, team needs, etc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Cowboys Salary Cap Calculator | Over The Cap

Here is a great tool for people who don't understand the cap as much and can't do the numbers by hand. I like to break down each number myself, which seems to be a little more accurate when I do it.

tag Dez, and extend RFA offers to Jones, Dunbar, Leary (ERFA offer), Cole Beasley (2nd round tender), then restructure Tyron's contract in full (just press submit after you use the restructure option), cut Melton as it will happen on the decline of his contract, go postal and say Carr is a June 1 cut, cut Dekota Watson, Terrell McClain, Okoye, and Holloman and would someone tell me how we couldn't sign back a Murray, Carter, Rolando McClain, and anyone else we would want to with the cap number they see up top? Which off of 143M projection should be about 28.5M , and this is without touching Romo's contract, for shits and giggles though PE1 restructure Romo's contract after you do that and tell me what you think about our chances of what I said then. Thank you and have a nice day!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry isn't good at creating space. Dallas always has cap problems and can't add elite talent cause he hands out too many mega contracts. Any team can restructure and push there problems down the road. Dallas has to sign Dez 100,0p0,000 Murray 50,000,000, Free, Parnell, Beasley, Punter, Carter, McClain, Spencer and others. I just don't see how you can fit a JPP or especially a Suh. Has a team ever signed two 100,000,000 dollar players in one off season, while having a starting superstar RB, a good RT, a good Guard, 2 starting LBers, a good #3 WR, a stud Punter too. Restructiring deals is a bad thing. I think if Dallas can just keep what they have it would be trememendous and Nets is saying it can be done which is good but adding another mega contract on top of everything else doesn't seem possible????? But like I said, I'm not a capologist.

I didn't say he was good at managing the cap. I said he was good at creating space. Here's the thing. Jerry ain't as young as springtime anymore. The man wants another Super Bowl more than anything in the world, He knows his best chance is with Romo, because who knows when you'll have another QB that good again. His team won 13 games this season. If it means restructures, pushing money back, having to completely gut the team in 4-5 years Miami Marlins style, I think Jerry would do that for another ring. If he brings back the offense, minus Free, he has a great offense. Lee, Mo, Durant all coming back from injuries, a defense heavy draft, and a future mortgaging signing of Suh or JPP would make this a legit Super Bowl contender next year

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$7.5M of Romo's base becomes guaranteed when he is on the team on the 3rd day of the league year the PREVIOUS year. So $7.5M of his 2015 salary is already added to his guaranteed money so up those figures by that.

Legally he could "give back" a portion of his non-guarateed money, but the NFLPA won't be happy about that so it's not happening. If we restructure his contract AGAIN we are dumber than I previous felt we were. There is so much money already pushed into outer years. Watching Romo I can't help but think/worry that a possible career ending injury could happen at any moment. We can't increase the dead money that we already are on the hook for with him. Not saying we would cut him today, but his dead money today is $37M and almost $20M next year!!! We need to eat into that, not make it worse.

Wouldn't have to up the numbers, once restructured the full base becomes guaranteed, so the numbers are correct bro. I also don't think it's such a bad idea, use the same tool I was telling PE1 about and restructure just Romo's contract to see the results it has on the future. Once again without Romo we aren't a SB or playoff team, Jerry goes all in, and I wouldn't blame him, although I don't think it's the best idea, I do think it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

Dallas Cowboys Salary Cap Calculator | Over The Cap there is the link for the tool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a simple point and yet no one seems to grasp it. There is no genius involved, just kicking the can down the road. Any kid with a roster and a calculator could do it. Maybe if we hadn't done all of these restructures we would have already signed Dez (or whomever you list) for a little less or maybe we would have signed another pass rusher last year or at least if Romo's back injury was career ending we would be able to overcome it. Now we'd basically have to stat over if Romo never got up from one of those hits.

It's not as simple as you make it. There is something called inflation that Jerry and Co. bet on every year. In other words 10M today isn't 10M in 2017. For instance a cap of 140M and a contract number at 14M for 2015 is 10% of the cap, however in the same instance two years down the road 14M in cap hit against a projected cap of 170M is only 8% so on so forth. I'm sure you understand what I am saying though, and I think the over the cap tool will help with seeing the numbers.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK that's a lot to break down but if they Tag Dez the hit will be 13 mill as you said. Dez doesn't want the average of the top 5, he wants the honor and respect of being the highest paid WR. Why would Jerry do it? Because Dez will be absolutely FURIOUS if he gets tagged. Like I said, if Calvin got 130/8 years ago why would Dez do 80/8. Its not happening. You said as a Philly fan I want him to leave and you're right. But he is not leaving. Just as you accuse me of me wanting him to leave and not being objective you're being the same way thinking you're keeping him for that puny contract.

Maybe there is a market for McClain, I may have read you wrong. 5 mill per year for him sounds outrageously high.

Murray isn't going to accept 6 mill even if RBs are devalued now. The fact is there are several RBs that aren't as good as him who make a lot more then 6. I don't get what you're saying about Charles and McCoys contract. Their cap hits are both over 9 mill. Murray will get atleast 9 million per too. McClain is gonna make 5 in your world and an MVP caliber RB is only getting 6. No way, no how.

Like I said. I'm not insinuating these players are leaving. I'm saying Dallas has many starting FAs and it will be hard to keep them. But to add a mega contract FA like JPP or Suh just doesn't seem ppossible.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he was good at managing the cap. I said he was good at creating space. Here's the thing. Jerry ain't as young as springtime anymore. The man wants another Super Bowl more than anything in the world, He knows his best chance is with Romo, because who knows when you'll have another QB that good again. His team won 13 games this season. If it means restructures, pushing money back, having to completely gut the team in 4-5 years Miami Marlins style, I think Jerry would do that for another ring. If he brings back the offense, minus Free, he has a great offense. Lee, Mo, Durant all coming back from injuries, a defense heavy draft, and a future mortgaging signing of Suh or JPP would make this a legit Super Bowl contender next year

Jerry is a very prideful man, and that is what people discredit. He wants the greatest legacy of all, and wants people to know it wasn't Jimmy but him that made the Cowboys great, only way to do that is win another ring or two before he dies. At his age could be a 10-20 year window if he stays in good health. I'd think he goes all in especially with the cap projected to rise substantially in 2016. We will see though.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't have to up the numbers, once restructured the full base becomes guaranteed, so the numbers are correct bro. I also don't think it's such a bad idea, use the same tool I was telling PE1 about and restructure just Romo's contract to see the results it has on the future. Once again without Romo we aren't a SB or playoff team, Jerry goes all in, and I wouldn't blame him, although I don't think it's the best idea, I do think it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

Dallas Cowboys Salary Cap Calculator | Over The Cap there is the link for the tool

With a couple of restructures, I resigned Dez at 7 years/84 million, transition tagged Murray, signed Carter and still had $12 million left over...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK that's a lot to break down but if they Tag Dez the hit will be 13 mill as you said. Dez doesn't want the average of the top 5, he wants the honor and respect of being the highest paid WR. Why would Jerry do it? Because Dez will be absolutely FURIOUS if he gets tagged. Like I said, if Calvin got 130/8 years ago why would Dez do 80/8. Its not happening. You said as a Philly fan I want him to leave and you're right. But he is not leaving. Just as you accuse me of me wanting him to leave and not being objective you're being the same way thinking you're keeping him for that puny contract.

Maybe there is a market for McClain, I may have read you wrong. 5 mill per year for him sounds outrageously high.

Murray isn't going to accept 6 mill even if RBs are devalued now. The fact is there are several RBs that aren't as good as him who make a lot more then 6. I don't get what you're saying about Charles and McCoys contract. Their cap hits are both over 9 mill. Murray will get atleast 9 million per too. McClain is gonna make 5 in your world and an MVP caliber RB is only getting 6. No way, no how.

Like I said. I'm not insinuating these players are leaving. I'm saying Dallas has many starting FAs and it will be hard to keep them. But to add a mega contract FA like JPP or Suh just doesn't seem ppossible.

Franchise tagging Dez isn't the way, the will sign him to a longterm deal, probably 7-8 years so they can restructure every couple of years. They may transition or franchise Murray, which I think would be wise, I would be weary of giving him 5-6 years

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how you free up 28 million cutting all these players. Is Dallas gonna field a 45 man roster and everyone else 53. Yeah, you can let players go, but you have to factor in the cost of their replacements too.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how you free up 28 million cutting all these players. Is Dallas gonna field a 45 man roster and everyone else 53. Yeah, you can let players go, but you have to factor in the cost of their replacements too.

45 plus 7-8 rookies :suds:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
With a couple of restructures, I resigned Dez at 7 years/84 million, transition tagged Murray, signed Carter and still had $12 million left over...

Calvin got 130/8. Dez and his agent are laughing their asses at 84/7. 12 million left over for Free, Parnell, Beasley, Punter, McClain, rookie class, other FA and JPP or Suh.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never said Dez gets 8/80 you said that I said 10/120 and that is the contract they have at hand and only thing that hasn't been agreed to was the guaranteed money. Think what you want, but Dez isn't getting a true 15M a year in his contract, hell though I'd give Dez 20M per and back load the hell out of his contract, doesn't matter what the contract says, all that matters is the guaranteed money. FACT!

I doubt McClain gets 5M, just being objective, and I do think it's possible, but doubtful.

There are currently 8 RB's that will make 6M or more next season, 3 of which will be cut as the league year begins Lynch, AP, and Deangelo Williams. John Stewarts contract will be messed with as he isn't worth 8M, so now that leaves 4 Shady, Charles, Foster, and Forte. As I said Murray won't get 6M to play in Dallas next year, mark it!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

Calvin got 130/8. Dez and his agent are laughing their asses at 84/7. 12 million left over for Free, Parnell, Beasley, Punter, McClain, rookie class, other FA and JPP or Suh.

I don't think Dez will get as much as Megatron, but lets say he does, 17 million a year instead of 12. Even at that, they can resign everyone they want

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who did I cut that we have to replace? Dekoda Watson, Terrell McClain, oh no wait not Okoye ohhhh no, wait it's Holloman whom is retired and will come off the books as if he were cut anyways this season, lmao....bro chill you are reaching now. With the cuts I left the team with 42 players. lets say you draft 7 and sign 3 UDFA all this will cost about 7-8M and now you are up to 52 players, then there is that guy Dez, wait you have 53 now, not to mention any other players such as our RFA's that I said Leary, Beasley, Chris the Punter Jones, and Dunbar which now brings us to 57, lmao you are so silly bro. Oh btw only top 51 contracts count against the cap, so I could have a team of 75 players in the offseason and only the top 51 play into the cap. Just stop it please!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and just as Dez won't leave Dallas I don't see anyway Philly let's Fletcher go. I love Kendricks but historically Philly hasn't valued Lbers.

I agree with just about everything you're saying except the value of Dez and Murrays contracts. I'm sure Jerry thinks Dallas is close and finds a way to keep everyone. I just don't think a team that has a 100 million dollar QB, a 100 million dollar WR will also land a 100 million dollar Suh. I don't think any team has 2 100 mill guys. 3 would be impossible IMO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only talking about his guaranteed money this year. Your number in that original post didn't include the $7.5M guaranteed.

I refuse to entertain a scenario where we restructure Romo. It would be completely weckless. I'd like to see the restructure Romo scenario followed up with the Romo retires in camp due to injury scenario. Could happen to any player, but much more likely with Romo, Manning, etc.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not as simple as you make it. There is something called inflation that Jerry and Co. bet on every year. In other words 10M today isn't 10M in 2017. For instance a cap of 140M and a contract number at 14M for 2015 is 10% of the cap, however in the same instance two years down the road 14M in cap hit against a projected cap of 170M is only 8% so on so forth. I'm sure you understand what I am saying though, and I think the over the cap tool will help with seeing the numbers.

Yes, I understand. Also important is that those around you are making more in 2017 than they were in 2015.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

You just throw stuff out there, and it's becoming funny at this point bro. Calvin signed a 7yr 113,450,00 contract with 48,750,000 in guaranteed money. FACTS, not numbers off the top of my head like you throw. If you are going to converse with me at least give me FACTS not your perception of them.

Give Dez all you want. Hell give Dez 17M average to pay him 1M more per season more than Calvin. It does not matter, what you don't understand is that the end of the years will be dummy years and overly inflated to make the contract that high, but believe what you want to.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the issue. You're saying cutting cerain players will save money. All I said is your not factoring in their replacement costs so I don't need to stop anything. Rarely do all 7 draft choices make the team. I'm not saying it can't be done but people, including Eagle fans, say "Well if we got Joe Schmo that will save us 2 mill" without factoring in their replacements. I'm also not ripping Dallas cause Philly has the same exact problem next year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said Dez gets 8/80 you said that I said 10/120 and that is the contract they have at hand and only thing that hasn't been agreed to was the guaranteed money. Think what you want, but Dez isn't getting a true 15M a year in his contract, hell though I'd give Dez 20M per and back load the hell out of his contract, doesn't matter what the contract says, all that matters is the guaranteed money. FACT!

I doubt McClain gets 5M, just being objective, and I do think it's possible, but doubtful.

There are currently 8 RB's that will make 6M or more next season, 3 of which will be cut as the league year begins Lynch, AP, and Deangelo Williams. John Stewarts contract will be messed with as he isn't worth 8M, so now that leaves 4 Shady, Charles, Foster, and Forte. As I said Murray won't get 6M to play in Dallas next year, mark it!

No doubt. If it makes Dez feel better throw in a $50M salary in year 11. Not going to see it anyway...