• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason, cap, team needs, etc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ideal offseason would look something like this....

Re-sign Dez
Tag Murray
Re-sign McClain
Re-sign Carter
Let Free walk, re-sign Parnell
Sign a veteran FS - JJ WIlcox moved to back up

1st 4 rounds of the draft:
1. DE/DT (pass rusher)
2. CB
3. RB/QB
4. QB/RB

I think we should be able to accomplish all of these things with the cap space we have/can create. I would love to see Dallas make a run at Suh, but I'm not sure we would have the cap space to do so in this scenario. Maybe Nets can chime in?

I would not be opposed to moving Martin to RT and drafting a G in the middle rounds.

First on Martin, if you have an All Pro player and it is his first year, why mess with that? Guy is to good at RG, let him get better there and be the best Guard in NFL, he stays at RG. I say with Free you resign him and let Parnell walk or you let both walk and draft a RT in the first 2 rounds.

Here to the other stuff at hand Carter isn't going to break the bank, only question is does he WANT to come back or does he want to go to a team where he will start for sure; because if you have Lee at Will, and you resign McClain to play Mike, you have Hitch to play strong, is Carter fine with playing in Nickle only with Lee? Well here is one thing to consider, could we go back to a 3-4 if Marinelli leaves? I'd say possible if we want a guy like Dick Lebeaux. Thought I'd throw that out there, but for now let’s keep it simple and say we stay at 4-3, where doe Carter fit in a 4-3 system, because I don't think he starts, although Nickle package gets a good 30 plays a game in today’s NFL, is that enough to keep him happy? These guys have a lot of pride and want to start, I'd say Carter walks not because of money, but because of a chance to play for a team that will give him 40-50 snaps a game.

Cole Beasley is a restricted FA so he goes nowhere, McClain has a bad reputation and was injured to much to cash in on this year’s play so he will sign probably a 4-5 year deal and stay in Dallas. I think a good contract to look at is the Stephan Tulloch deal it was for 5 years 25M I believe with guaranteed of 11M. Now there is no way in hell you give McClain 11M guaranteed bonus; BUT if you do as the Lions did and guarantee the first two years of the contract I say sure why not. Tulloch had a first year cap hit of 2.5M with dead money of 11.25M in 2012, cap hit of 4.8M with 5.2M in dead money in 2013, a cap hit of 5M with 3.9M in 2014, has a cap hit of 5.8M in 2015 with only 2.6M in dead money, and 7.3M cap hit in 2016 with only 1.3M in dead money. This makes it so that McClain can be released after the 2nd year of the contract with little impact, as well as I think the value for him money wise is fair as he isn't the talent of Lee whom is at 7M a season which is the start for elite pay for ILB's, which McClain will not see on the open market due to character issues.

So let’s say McClain takes a Tulloch contract and has a first year cap hit of 2.5M

Let’s say Dez is between Calvin/Fitz deals which Average 16M/season and that 12M/season range which is the 3rd highest average in the NFL and let’s say he gets 12M/season which seems fair, and the reports have it at 10yr/120M from the last I heard of. I'd say Dez first year cap hit would be very low at like 5-6M after he signs. So think of it like this you sign Dez 10yr/120M with a guarantee of 40M/ 35M is bonus once again guarantee first two years base salary not so much bonus you come out with a decent deal. Think of the Mike Wallace contract. On paper it looks silly as hell at 5yr/60M/30guaranteed; but really can get out of the deal after two years with about 9.5M dead in 2015 versus a 12M cap hit so a savings of about 2.5M if cut this year. Mike Wallace first year cap hit was 3.25M just for a reference point.

Dez deal:

2015 1M base 5M bonus 6M cap hit 40M dead money
2016 4M base 5M bonus 9M cap hit 34M dead money
2017 5M base 5M bonus 10M cap hit 25M dead money
2018 5M base 5M bonus 10M cap hit 20M dead money
2019 6M base 5M bonus 11M cap hit 15M dead money
2020 7M base 5M bonus 12M cap hit 10M dead money
2021 8M base 5M bonus 13M cap hit 5M dead money
2022 15M base 0 bonus 15M cap hit 0 dead money
2023 16M base 0 bonus 16M cap hit 0 dead money
2024 18M base 0 bonus 18M cap hit 0 dead money

the truth in the contract is 7 years 71M total 40M guaranteed average is 10M. This is a fair contract for everyone involved as Dez probably is signed for the next 7 years at least and makes an average of 10M year while the cap hits are not to bad for the team each year, and the 40M keeps Dez pride in check with him being "respected" as a top WR it's in line with the Calvin Johnson guaranteed money which was 49Mish

So now you have Dez at 6M and McClain at 2.5M you've only spent 8.5M on players so far. To Murray I'd transition tag him and let him walk for anything over 6M a season and I mean let his ass walk. AP will be a FA and is still the better player, as well as I think AP can handle the 350 carries a season we will want our RB to take. The transition tag allows us to match any deal another team gives to our player, and each team gets on per season, no compensation is received if that player is not signed back by its team. So with this being said, I would let Murray walk unless the price is right and I'd either draft an RB, and/or sign AP if/when cut. NO RB and I do mean NO RB is worth over 7M-8M a season at this point in the NFL, the RB pool is to deep in college and the market is down. For instance, AP has the highest avg per year salary at 14.5M per season for NFL RB's, the second is Jamaal Charles and Shady at 9M per, Foster at 8.5M per, Forte, Lynch, and Johnathan Stewart all about 7.5M per average. The drop off begins from there with Frank Gore at 6.5M per. Now understand these numbers are way over inflated as AP will be cut and Charles and Shady will be the highest at 9M per also Gore is a FA and won't see a 6.5M average, Lynch will be cut per reports, and CJ Spiller who is at 5M per and has the 9th highest per year behind Gore is a FA and won't see that type of money on the market either. So not a good time to be an RB and want to get paid. Next year cap hit at 4M for RB

So Dez, McClain, RB for next year have a total of 12.5M in cap hits for next season. This gets the three guys back that are of highest value. RT is a spot that you can get away with paying Free 5-6M per as it is not LT so I'd resign Free first year hit of 4.5M total spent 17M. So let's say you spend another 10M or so just in case I low balled some of these deals on first year, as well as the restricted price for Leary, Dunbar, and Killa Cole Beasley, and to resign from the selection of Carter, Durant, Harris, Parnell, Moore, and Selvie. You would have spent a total of 27M for all of this, and I'm sure that would be high range for all of this.

Looking at the cap as is off of 145M projection I have us with 24M after we decline Melton's deal. So we would be off of these projections about 3M or so short. I have said that restructure of Smith will happen which should create another 8-9M in space. Without touching anyone else deal including asking Carr to take a pay cut we'd have about 5M or so in space to sign a FA. Here is my problem, I think Jerry will go balls deep and restructure Romo's deal, which to me isn't a major problem as you can't cut him for another 3 years anyways and it would only add about 4M per season for the next four including this season; and if I know Romo already is going to be with us at least the next 3 seasons would I do it to save around 12M on this years cap? Possibly but that's only because I know for all purposes Romo will be here at least 3 more years and in 2017 instead of it counting 10M in dead money it would be 18M with a savings of 3.5M if cut, so still do able, or in 2018 when I project Romo to be on decline and possibly gone only 6.5M versus the 2.5M that is current. Not saying I'd like to do this; BUT I am saying you signed the man and without him we are an average team at best, so being the all in type of person Jerry is I'd say he goes for it and I wouldn't be mad if he did.

Sorry for such a long message, still have a lot to put out there, but trying to answer questions as I go along.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suppose Jerry doesn't resign Dez, but he signs elsewhere for an amount we can't match. but to replace him Jerry goes and gets either Demaryius Thomas or Maclin, and is able to do so for less than Dez.

I think Dez is a massive talent and don't want to see him go, but if we miss out on bringing him back and get one of those other two...all good?

Three players Jerry won't let go of Tony, Wit, and Dez......like Jerry said Dez isn't going anywhere Franchise tag before the deadline.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is only one other guy that can do what DEz did yesterday on the catch/ noncatch. Now if Romo is only gonna throw 20 times a game and your number one Wr is only going to get 4 targets, then that's not worth 12 million. I understand that he causes a safety to play deep and that helps the run game but to me he has to touch the ball more.

Dez is our best player, Romo is our most important. Man is worth 12M a year trust me. It's like playing the Lions without Calvin Johnson, you just know you are suppose to walk away with a W if he isn't playing, they just aren't the same team. Same applies if there is no Dez.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Took a look through the QB's coming out this year. About the only QB that is projecting to be around in the 4th, perhaps, that I'd take a flyer on is Petty. Everyone else either does nothing for me or projects to be available through FA.

I'm not thrilled about having 2 QB's with the same back surgery on their resume, so maybe this isn't the year to be looking for the future franchise QB.
Stanford's QB is the real deal and I think underrated. Has all the tools.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First on Martin, if you have an All Pro player and it is his first year, why mess with that? Guy is to good at RG, let him get better there and be the best Guard in NFL, he stays at RG. I say with Free you resign him and let Parnell walk or you let both walk and draft a RT in the first 2 rounds.

Here to the other stuff at hand Carter isn't going to break the bank, only question is does he WANT to come back or does he want to go to a team where he will start for sure; because if you have Lee at Will, and you resign McClain to play Mike, you have Hitch to play strong, is Carter fine with playing in Nickle only with Lee? Well here is one thing to consider, could we go back to a 3-4 if Marinelli leaves? I'd say possible if we want a guy like Dick Lebeaux. Thought I'd throw that out there, but for now let’s keep it simple and say we stay at 4-3, where doe Carter fit in a 4-3 system, because I don't think he starts, although Nickle package gets a good 30 plays a game in today’s NFL, is that enough to keep him happy? These guys have a lot of pride and want to start, I'd say Carter walks not because of money, but because of a chance to play for a team that will give him 40-50 snaps a game.

Cole Beasley is a restricted FA so he goes nowhere, McClain has a bad reputation and was injured to much to cash in on this year’s play so he will sign probably a 4-5 year deal and stay in Dallas. I think a good contract to look at is the Stephan Tulloch deal it was for 5 years 25M I believe with guaranteed of 11M. Now there is no way in hell you give McClain 11M guaranteed bonus; BUT if you do as the Lions did and guarantee the first two years of the contract I say sure why not. Tulloch had a first year cap hit of 2.5M with dead money of 11.25M in 2012, cap hit of 4.8M with 5.2M in dead money in 2013, a cap hit of 5M with 3.9M in 2014, has a cap hit of 5.8M in 2015 with only 2.6M in dead money, and 7.3M cap hit in 2016 with only 1.3M in dead money. This makes it so that McClain can be released after the 2nd year of the contract with little impact, as well as I think the value for him money wise is fair as he isn't the talent of Lee whom is at 7M a season which is the start for elite pay for ILB's, which McClain will not see on the open market due to character issues.

So let’s say McClain takes a Tulloch contract and has a first year cap hit of 2.5M

Let’s say Dez is between Calvin/Fitz deals which Average 16M/season and that 12M/season range which is the 3rd highest average in the NFL and let’s say he gets 12M/season which seems fair, and the reports have it at 10yr/120M from the last I heard of. I'd say Dez first year cap hit would be very low at like 5-6M after he signs. So think of it like this you sign Dez 10yr/120M with a guarantee of 40M/ 35M is bonus once again guarantee first two years base salary not so much bonus you come out with a decent deal. Think of the Mike Wallace contract. On paper it looks silly as hell at 5yr/60M/30guaranteed; but really can get out of the deal after two years with about 9.5M dead in 2015 versus a 12M cap hit so a savings of about 2.5M if cut this year. Mike Wallace first year cap hit was 3.25M just for a reference point.

Dez deal:

the truth in the contract is 7 years 71M total 40M guaranteed average is 10M. This is a fair contract for everyone involved as Dez probably is signed for the next 7 years at least and makes an average of 10M year while the cap hits are not to bad for the team each year, and the 40M keeps Dez pride in check with him being "respected" as a top WR it's in line with the Calvin Johnson guaranteed money which was 49Mish

So now you have Dez at 6M and McClain at 2.5M you've only spent 8.5M on players so far. To Murray I'd transition tag him and let him walk for anything over 6M a season and I mean let his ass walk. AP will be a FA and is still the better player, as well as I think AP can handle the 350 carries a season we will want our RB to take. The transition tag allows us to match any deal another team gives to our player, and each team gets on per season, no compensation is received if that player is not signed back by its team. So with this being said, I would let Murray walk unless the price is right and I'd either draft an RB, and/or sign AP if/when cut. NO RB and I do mean NO RB is worth over 7M-8M a season at this point in the NFL, the RB pool is to deep in college and the market is down. For instance, AP has the highest avg per year salary at 14.5M per season for NFL RB's, the second is Jamaal Charles and Shady at 9M per, Foster at 8.5M per, Forte, Lynch, and Johnathan Stewart all about 7.5M per average. The drop off begins from there with Frank Gore at 6.5M per. Now understand these numbers are way over inflated as AP will be cut and Charles and Shady will be the highest at 9M per also Gore is a FA and won't see a 6.5M average, Lynch will be cut per reports, and CJ Spiller who is at 5M per and has the 9th highest per year behind Gore is a FA and won't see that type of money on the market either. So not a good time to be an RB and want to get paid. Next year cap hit at 4M for RB

So Dez, McClain, RB for next year have a total of 12.5M in cap hits for next season. This gets the three guys back that are of highest value. RT is a spot that you can get away with paying Free 5-6M per as it is not LT so I'd resign Free first year hit of 4.5M total spent 17M. So let's say you spend another 10M or so just in case I low balled some of these deals on first year, as well as the restricted price for Leary, Dunbar, and Killa Cole Beasley, and to resign from the selection of Carter, Durant, Harris, Parnell, Moore, and Selvie. You would have spent a total of 27M for all of this, and I'm sure that would be high range for all of this.

Looking at the cap as is off of 145M projection I have us with 24M after we decline Melton's deal. So we would be off of these projections about 3M or so short. I have said that restructure of Smith will happen which should create another 8-9M in space. Without touching anyone else deal including asking Carr to take a pay cut we'd have about 5M or so in space to sign a FA. Here is my problem, I think Jerry will go balls deep and restructure Romo's deal, which to me isn't a major problem as you can't cut him for another 3 years anyways and it would only add about 4M per season for the next four including this season; and if I know Romo already is going to be with us at least the next 3 seasons would I do it to save around 12M on this years cap? Possibly but that's only because I know for all purposes Romo will be here at least 3 more years and in 2017 instead of it counting 10M in dead money it would be 18M with a savings of 3.5M if cut, so still do able, or in 2018 when I project Romo to be on decline and possibly gone only 6.5M versus the 2.5M that is current. Not saying I'd like to do this; BUT I am saying you signed the man and without him we are an average team at best, so being the all in type of person Jerry is I'd say he goes for it and I wouldn't be mad if he did.

Sorry for such a long message, still have a lot to put out there, but trying to answer questions as I go along.

Edit on Dez contract sorry was working on something and messed the numbers up

Dez deal:

2015 2M base 4M bonus 6M cap hit 40M dead money
2016 4M base 4M bonus 8M cap hit 34M dead money
2017 5M base 4M bonus 9M cap hit 25M dead money
2018 6M base 4M bonus 10M cap hit 20M dead money
2019 7M base 4M bonus 11M cap hit 15M dead money
2020 8M base 4M bonus 12M cap hit 10M dead money
2021 9M base 4M bonus 13M cap hit 5M dead money
2023 17M base 0 bonus 17M cap hit 0 dead money
2024 19M base 0 bonus 19M cap hit 0 dead money

the truth in the contract is 7 years 68M total 34M guaranteed average is 10M. This is a fair contract for everyone involved as Dez probably is signed for the next 7 years at least and makes an average of 10M year while the cap hits are not to bad for the team each year, and the 34M keeps Dez pride in check with him being "respected" as a top WR it's in line with the Calvin Johnson guaranteed money which was 49Mish

Think these are correct now, I'll post something more accurate later when/if I have time, this is just to give an idea.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took a look through the QB's coming out this year. About the only QB that is projecting to be around in the 4th, perhaps, that I'd take a flyer on is Petty. Everyone else either does nothing for me or projects to be available through FA.

I'm not thrilled about having 2 QB's with the same back surgery on their resume, so maybe this isn't the year to be looking for the future franchise QB.

Funny thing here Ford, rumor has it that the Browns are done with Johnny Football, and that they are ready to let him go and move on. If this is true look for Jerry to have his cake in Martin and Ice Cream in Johnny this offseason. I'd say a 4th is fair. Question is, Browns also have been rumored that inside the org they want to move on from Josh Gordon, and are tired of his problems, they are rumored to possibly cut him this offseason. Would you trade a 2nd for Johnny and Josh? Before you answer know that Josh is one strike away from being out of this league and that Johnny would probably fuck Dez up in the head and get him in all kinds of trouble. So your thoughts, does the reward outweigh the risk?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is saying he will lower his base, not restructure his base to turn it into guaranteed money down the road. Basically Tony says look I only will play for 5M base this year instead of 10M. Problem is would you give back half of your salary this year for free to your boss knowing he's not going to fire you or transfer you? I wouldn't, and that is the problem with this. Tony works as hard if not harder and takes a beating like no one else. If he does do it though props to him; because I wouldnt and that's just being honest.

Yeah this is what i was saying. I think Tony has the Lombardi Trophy in mind and if he could do this and the Cowboys keep/add pieces to get there, he would likely part with a little cash. I however would not but then again I am not paid quite as well.

Though with your scenarios you have also pointed out, Tony likely wouldn't need to part with anything and the team can still add a lot of value.

Draft is going to be exciting even moreso this year

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing here Ford, rumor has it that the Browns are done with Johnny Football, and that they are ready to let him go and move on. If this is true look for Jerry to have his cake in Martin and Ice Cream in Johnny this offseason. I'd say a 4th is fair. Question is, Browns also have been rumored that inside the org they want to move on from Josh Gordon, and are tired of his problems, they are rumored to possibly cut him this offseason. Would you trade a 2nd for Johnny and Josh? Before you answer know that Josh is one strike away from being out of this league and that Johnny would probably fuck Dez up in the head and get him in all kinds of trouble. So your thoughts, does the reward outweigh the risk?

I might take a chance on JF though I know he will likely not amount to the Cowboys answer when Romo is gone. However I wouldn't touch Gordon, I just think he's gonna be out of the league within 2 years cause he just cant help himself

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dez deal:

I'm so lost in thought today, to answer the original post if we restructured Romo's contract which I think Jerry will do, we'd have about 15-20M in space, and with that we could sign not only Suh, but possibly McCourty away from the Pats.

First thing is first get Scott, Hot Rod, and BC back along with Red, the players will be there, coaches only have three day window to negotiate with us right now.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so lost in thought today, to answer the original post if we restructured Romo's contract which I think Jerry will do, we'd have about 15-20M in space, and with that we could sign not only Suh, but possibly McCourty away from the Pats.

First thing is first get Scott, Hot Rod, and BC back along with Red, the players will be there, coaches only have three day window to negotiate with us right now.

Pay the coaches whatever they want Jerry.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might take a chance on JF though I know he will likely not amount to the Cowboys answer when Romo is gone. However I wouldn't touch Gordon, I just think he's gonna be out of the league within 2 years cause he just cant help himself

Curious if you could give up a 2nd for both Gordon and Johnny and you knew in advance that Gordon would be out of the NFL in 2016 but would play all of next season in full for you, would you do it? I would! Three reasons if I'm Jerry, him and Dez together :-O wow, second he would be on the last year of his rookie deal and would not hurt us if he didn't go on past next season. Third I'd have Johnny football and would make MILLIONS and I mean MILLIONS even if it didn't workout. I think the big thing here is, we have to stop thinking like fans and more like Jerry as an owner. Johnny is money, Gordon is no risk as he is on the last year of his rookie deal, if you tell me I'd give you 50M in revenue and ticket sales for a 2nd rounder, I'd say fuck that 2nd rounder it's yours.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is what i was saying. I think Tony has the Lombardi Trophy in mind and if he could do this and the Cowboys keep/add pieces to get there, he would likely part with a little cash. I however would not but then again I am not paid quite as well.

Though with your scenarios you have also pointed out, Tony likely wouldn't need to part with anything and the team can still add a lot of value.

Draft is going to be exciting even moreso this year

well, in my scenario it isn't peaches and cream. We wouldn't be able to sign much of anyone without a Romo extension, just our own guys; and the NFL gets better year to year, we need upgrades at S, 1tech DT, DE, without the restructure none of that happens in FA. You probably get a starter or two in the draft.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is our best player, Romo is our most important. Man is worth 12M a year trust me. It's like playing the Lions without Calvin Johnson, you just know you are suppose to walk away with a W if he isn't playing, they just aren't the same team. Same applies if there is no Dez.

This is why I have no problem with the call on 4 rth and 2 and I agree

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious if you could give up a 2nd for both Gordon and Johnny and you knew in advance that Gordon would be out of the NFL in 2016 but would play all of next season in full for you, would you do it? I would! Three reasons if I'm Jerry, him and Dez together :-O wow, second he would be on the last year of his rookie deal and would not hurt us if he didn't go on past next season. Third I'd have Johnny football and would make MILLIONS and I mean MILLIONS even if it didn't workout. I think the big thing here is, we have to stop thinking like fans and more like Jerry as an owner. Johnny is money, Gordon is no risk as he is on the last year of his rookie deal, if you tell me I'd give you 50M in revenue and ticket sales for a 2nd rounder, I'd say fuck that 2nd rounder it's yours.

Well you might have to lock them up when they weren't practicing or on the field playing on Sunday. That may be the only way to keep them from trouble or negatively affecting a guy like Dez

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, in my scenario it isn't peaches and cream. We wouldn't be able to sign much of anyone without a Romo extension, just our own guys; and the NFL gets better year to year, we need upgrades at S, 1tech DT, DE, without the restructure none of that happens in FA. You probably get a starter or two in the draft.

I would sure love to have a couple FA that would help immediately, I am just afraid of the cost being too much. Like you say that would take an adjustment by Romo and/or maybe Smith. If the draft netted a couple starters that would be fantastic

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys 'fully expect' Marinelli to return as defensive coordinator

With a report indicating Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli is expected to be the next defensive coordinator for the Buccaneers, Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones told a radio station he belives Marinelli will be back, reports The Dallas Morning News.

"I can't imagine anybody has a deal right now because that would be tampering," Jones said on KRLD-FM. "We fully expect him to come back. It would certainly be disappointing if [he] didn't."

Marinelli is not under contract for the 2015 season. He has spent the last two seasons as the defensive coordinator for the Cowboys.

It would be nice to have Rod back

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questions...

1. If your saying there is no market for an ILB with character issues and injury problems, why give him a 25 million dollars? You stated that no other team would be interested in McClain.

2. I dont think Dez will be cool with an average of 10 million per. I know you said he gets a huge signing bonus and thats what everyone wants but he's going to want to be known as the highest paid WR in the league, not Mike Wallace part 2. His agent is going right to Calvin Johnsons contract and saying, "Who was All Pro 1st team this year?" Calvin Johnson got 130 million over 8 years... you think Dez is gonna take 80 million over 8 years especially with a contract that was done 3 years ago with lower salary cap space. I think the lowest you can expect Dez's yearly cap hit is to be 15 million... if Dallas is lucky.

3. No way is Demarco Murray staying with 6 million per year. Forte makes 8, Lesean and Charles make 10, AP makes 15 but Murray is gonna stay for 6? I mean Jerry gave Marion Barber 40 millions a long long loooong time ago.

4. Im not capologist but you can hypothetically say Dez and Murray are, today, no longer Cowboys as they have no contract. Has a team ever signed 3 elite free agents in one year. THe Jags are reported to have over 50 million in cap space. Would they be able to sign Dez, Murray, and Suh (or JPP). Not to mention all the players that might hypothetically need to be replaced if they leave. Starting G, starting RT, 2 starting LBers. Contracts are needed for your punter, for Beasley etc. It would be a dream scenario just to keep Dez and Murray.... but an impact defender seems impossible.

5. Not a question... I think there should be some sort of salary cap waiver for players you draft. Its not fair that Dallas drafted well and now cant keep who they had the insight to pull out of the draft. THe Eagles face the same exact scenario next year that Dallas is facing this year (FLetcher Cox, Mychael Kendricks, Brandon Boykin, Nick Foles). Seems like you should be able to at least offer them fair contracts and if they want to leave for a change of scenery thats cool. But to leave because of cap restrictions suck.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think murray will get the most money if he stays in dallas. Dez will get big contract or be franchised. Randle may be better than I thought. As great as murray is his Achilles is he fumbles too much. May help team more to spend big money on jpp. You then are free to draft best player available

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I sign ap to a home town discount. You also look at best lineman and draft him with 1st pick. And if it is an offensive lineman then so be it .