• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason, cap, team needs, etc

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcclain was an animal before he got injured. You put him and Lee together and the big runs will stop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As TO would say get ya popcorn ready, because in about an hour when I get out of this meeting I am about to show PE1 how wrong he truly is.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets, thanks for the breakdown. I guess I only disagree with resigning Doug Free, I think it's time to move on from him. I thought with drafting Martin the eventual plan was to move him to RT and bookend him with Tyron. I think if that is the plan than it's better to do it sooner rather than later. A stud RT is more valuable than a stud RG, and a capable new RG is easier to find. IMO I think Martin would be a pro-bowl caliber player at RT -- he graded out better than Tyron this year according to PFF.

To answer your question about trading a second for Manziel and Gordon. In a word -- NO. Garrett has been building a new attitude in Dallas and it is starting to take hold with great effect. He has been getting his kind of players, and I think taking on Josh Gordon and Johnny Football would be a huge step in the opposite direction of where Garrett is trying to take this football team. It would be sabotage.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questions...

1. If your saying there is no market for an ILB with character issues and injury problems, why give him a 25 million dollars? You stated that no other team would be interested in McClain.

2. I dont think Dez will be cool with an average of 10 million per. I know you said he gets a huge signing bonus and thats what everyone wants but he's going to want to be known as the highest paid WR in the league, not Mike Wallace part 2. His agent is going right to Calvin Johnsons contract and saying, "Who was All Pro 1st team this year?" Calvin Johnson got 130 million over 8 years... you think Dez is gonna take 80 million over 8 years especially with a contract that was done 3 years ago with lower salary cap space. I think the lowest you can expect Dez's yearly cap hit is to be 15 million... if Dallas is lucky.

3. No way is Demarco Murray staying with 6 million per year. Forte makes 8, Lesean and Charles make 10, AP makes 15 but Murray is gonna stay for 6? I mean Jerry gave Marion Barber 40 millions a long long loooong time ago.

4. Im not capologist but you can hypothetically say Dez and Murray are, today, no longer Cowboys as they have no contract. Has a team ever signed 3 elite free agents in one year. THe Jags are reported to have over 50 million in cap space. Would they be able to sign Dez, Murray, and Suh (or JPP). Not to mention all the players that might hypothetically need to be replaced if they leave. Starting G, starting RT, 2 starting LBers. Contracts are needed for your punter, for Beasley etc. It would be a dream scenario just to keep Dez and Murray.... but an impact defender seems impossible.

5. Not a question... I think there should be some sort of salary cap waiver for players you draft. Its not fair that Dallas drafted well and now cant keep who they had the insight to pull out of the draft. THe Eagles face the same exact scenario next year that Dallas is facing this year (FLetcher Cox, Mychael Kendricks, Brandon Boykin, Nick Foles). Seems like you should be able to at least offer them fair contracts and if they want to leave for a change of scenery thats cool. But to leave because of cap restrictions suck.

Re: #5 They can offer them fair contract before their rookie deals expire.....If they are that fair, and the player wants the security, he signs, if not.....free agency

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets, thanks for the breakdown. I guess I only disagree with resigning Doug Free, I think it's time to move on from him. I thought with drafting Martin the eventual plan was to move him to RT and bookend him with Tyron. I think if that is the plan than it's better to do it sooner rather than later. A stud RT is more valuable than a stud RG, and a capable new RG is easier to find. IMO I think Martin would be a pro-bowl caliber player at RT -- he graded out better than Tyron this year according to PFF.

To answer your question about trading a second for Manziel and Gordon. In a word -- NO. Garrett has been building a new attitude in Dallas and it is starting to take hold with great effect. He has been getting his kind of players, and I think taking on Josh Gordon and Johnny Football would be a huge step in the opposite direction of where Garrett is trying to take this football team. It would be sabotage.

If it's time to move on from Free his replacement will be drafted from what I have heard. There is no plan on moving Martin to RT as of now. Also just because Martin was great at RG doesn't mean he'd be the same or better at RT, although I think he could and probably would be, it's just two totally positions with two required skill sets, and I think you don't mess with what you have in place with Martin.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you going to show me how wrong I am when I was asking questions? I guess I did say I doubt yoour idea that Dez is going to sign for Mike Wallace or Desean Jackson tye of money. He all ready reportedly laughed at the initial offers. Dez is going to want the biggest WR deal in the NFL and if you think an average of 10 mill per year gets it done then you're lying to yourself. Murray at 6 million after running for over 2000 yards (playoffs included) is silly too.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's time to move on from Free his replacement will be drafted from what I have heard. There is no plan on moving Martin to RT as of now. Also just because Martin was great at RG doesn't mean he'd be the same or better at RT, although I think he could and probably would be, it's just two totally positions with two required skill sets, and I think you don't mess with what you have in place with Martin.

I agree success at RG does not guarantee success at RT. However, considering Martin's position in college was LT -- where he was a 4 year starter -- I think the transition would be rather easy for him. I would argue that his skill set at Tackle might be more advanced than his skill set at RG. Would he be All-Pro at RT? I don't know. Would he be a Pro-Bowl RT? I would put money on it.

One thing I am not on board with is giving Doug Free any kind of deal longer than 2 years. And I am certain someone will throw a multi year deal at him. I don't trust Free to stay sharp if he gets paid again. It didn't work out so well last time Free got paid.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questions...

1. If your saying there is no market for an ILB with character issues and injury problems, why give him a 25 million dollars? You stated that no other team would be interested in McClain.

2. I dont think Dez will be cool with an average of 10 million per. I know you said he gets a huge signing bonus and thats what everyone wants but he's going to want to be known as the highest paid WR in the league, not Mike Wallace part 2. His agent is going right to Calvin Johnsons contract and saying, "Who was All Pro 1st team this year?" Calvin Johnson got 130 million over 8 years... you think Dez is gonna take 80 million over 8 years especially with a contract that was done 3 years ago with lower salary cap space. I think the lowest you can expect Dez's yearly cap hit is to be 15 million... if Dallas is lucky.

3. No way is Demarco Murray staying with 6 million per year. Forte makes 8, Lesean and Charles make 10, AP makes 15 but Murray is gonna stay for 6? I mean Jerry gave Marion Barber 40 millions a long long loooong time ago.

4. Im not capologist but you can hypothetically say Dez and Murray are, today, no longer Cowboys as they have no contract. Has a team ever signed 3 elite free agents in one year. THe Jags are reported to have over 50 million in cap space. Would they be able to sign Dez, Murray, and Suh (or JPP). Not to mention all the players that might hypothetically need to be replaced if they leave. Starting G, starting RT, 2 starting LBers. Contracts are needed for your punter, for Beasley etc. It would be a dream scenario just to keep Dez and Murray.... but an impact defender seems impossible.

5. Not a question... I think there should be some sort of salary cap waiver for players you draft. Its not fair that Dallas drafted well and now cant keep who they had the insight to pull out of the draft. THe Eagles face the same exact scenario next year that Dallas is facing this year (FLetcher Cox, Mychael Kendricks, Brandon Boykin, Nick Foles). Seems like you should be able to at least offer them fair contracts and if they want to leave for a change of scenery thats cool. But to leave because of cap restrictions suck.

It may land us back in cap Hell in a few years, but I believe the Cowboys keep Dez and Murray and sign at least one impact defender. Jerry and Stephen are among the best at creating space, and here's the thing....in 25 years, name an on his prime superstar Jerry has lost

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think this game was Romos fault. We got good edge pressure through the game, but Nick Hayden has to be upgraded, I don't want to pay Suh what he wants but he'd be worth it. I think between Mincey and how DLaw looked these past few games we will be good on the edge. Also need a Safety, JJ is average at best.

Not every player can be a star. Hayden is cheap and good against the run. He shouldn't be starting or relied on in pass rush situations, but he is good to have if used properly. When talking about DE, don't forget how well Spencer played the last month too. Not sure what Spencer will cost and I'm not suggesting going into next year with the same DE's, but DE was NOT a problem LATELY. Mincey may have been the best player on the team and Lawrence and Spencer played like studs recently. I'd love to add one top pass rusher to the mix. I think we look there in the draft.

Wilcox may be average at best TODAY, but the arrow is pointing up. The potential is certainly there IMO to be a good player. For a guy that is such a good tackler it's perplexing how horrible his angles are at times and when a safety does that it's normally a huge play. But, he has improved a lot since he has been here. He is much more consistent and you don't see as mnay of the mistakes as we did last year. My concern on him was never his ceiling, but rather how long it would take him to get there while learning hte position. I still think (going on 10 plus years) we need a true center fielder type. Draft one and rotate him with Wilcox and Church depending on the situation. Playing single high is difficult for us because neither Church nor Wilcox has the range to do it properly, but Wilcox has shown better instincts and ball skills than Church who to me who looks out of place when he isn't playing in the box. I'd love to see Church and Wilcox starting at Safety and rotating in a true FS to play with Wilcox in the nickel. You could even keep Church on the field as a LB if you wanted.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry isn't good at creating space. Dallas always has cap problems and can't add elite talent cause he hands out too many mega contracts. Any team can restructure and push there problems down the road. Dallas has to sign Dez 100,0p0,000 Murray 50,000,000, Free, Parnell, Beasley, Punter, Carter, McClain, Spencer and others. I just don't see how you can fit a JPP or especially a Suh. Has a team ever signed two 100,000,000 dollar players in one off season, while having a starting superstar RB, a good RT, a good Guard, 2 starting LBers, a good #3 WR, a stud Punter too. Restructiring deals is a bad thing. I think if Dallas can just keep what they have it would be trememendous and Nets is saying it can be done which is good but adding another mega contract on top of everything else doesn't seem possible????? But like I said, I'm not a capologist.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tony will restructure his contract to help, he sees the window and will want to keep guys around him

Of course he would, but let's hope we are smart enough not to

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questions...

Part 1 of 2

1.) Don't twist my words, if you are going to have an issue with what I said, at least get what I said right. I said and I quote "McClain has a bad reputation and was injured to much to cash in on this year’s play so he will sign probably a 4-5 year deal and stay in Dallas." Where in the blue hell does this say there won't be a market for him? If anything this says that there will be a market for him driving up his annual average to 5M per. I said he won't be able to CASH IN on the year he had, meaning he won't be able to get 7M per or more such as what elite Mike Backers get. I am plenty sure there will be teams that will want him, problem is as he has stated he wants to be in Dallas, as the Ravens and the Raiders how it worked out for them when he didn't want to be on those teams. So while 31 other teams may want him, the true Question is DOES MCCLAIN WANT THEM?

2.) So you are saying that Dez won't be cool with a true value of 10M per season and a contract value of 12M per? Maybe he will, maybe he won't; but unlike anyone else on this team he doesn't control that. I also believe he will be fine with the contract I mentioned for several reasons. When Romo was in contract talk people said he would sign for 20M plus per, I said no he'd sign for 15-16 per as far as true contract value goes. Looking back at the deal, he did exactly what I said he would. I was off on guaranteed money with Romo as I believe I said he'd get about 40M and ended up getting 55M total which is the only issue I had with his contract. Romo's contract was a 6yr 108M extension which is a contract average of 18M, HOWEVER the last two years were built in as dummy years with high base pay and no guaranteed money, so when you take away the last two years which totals 40M the contract was really a 4yr 68M deal with 55M guaranteed :-/ not happy about that one there....but the true average of the contract is 17M per which is about where I projected. So I say this to say that you are going to pay your QB a true average of 17M per, but you say that Dez whom is a WR will make us pay him at least 15M per, and I restate AT LEAST, as I quote you said "the lowest you can expect Dez early cap hit to be is 15M". Which brings me to my second point of the Dez deal, and I say this with as much respect as possible, you are on crack if you think Dez early cap hit will be at least 15M, why in the hell would I give Dez a cap number of 15M per this year and next year when if I take the tag rate for a WR 0f 8.949% and project the cap to be 150M his guaranteed pay for 2015 by being tagged would be 13.42M next season, you would have to have a cap of 170M for Dez to have a tag number around 15M next season and if the cap is 170M I can give a rats ass what you sign Dez to next season and what his cap number would be as we would walk into next season with 66M in cap space if there is 170M cap in 2015. Back to the point though, if I can tag Dez at probably 13M or less next season, why would I give him 15M instead? Where is the logic here? I know as an Eagles fan you don't want to see Dez murder your secondary anymore, but come on bro be real here please. Dez will get around 10yr/120M only question is the guaranteed money in the deal.

3.) So look at this, Murray can stay Murray can go, that is up to him. He won't get more than a true value of 6M per from Dallas though. The days of paying an RB is over. AP's contract will not be there when 2015 comes around, no way Vikings keep him, so throw that 14.5M average out the door for him. Shady and Charles make 9M per and that isn't even true value of the contracts, don't inflate their deals, also things have changed since Shady signed in 2012, RB's aren't paid like that anymore they are replaced in the draft. This is projected to be one of the deepest RB classes in years and you are saying that Murray holds leverage after having over 400 touches this season? Lol funny, very funny. Murray will be lucky to get a true value of 6M per and I do mean lucky to get a true value of 6M per, with this years RB class and the FA's in the RB pool coming out which should include AP. So by all means by Murray if you want more than 6M per.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part 2 of 2

4.) Define Elite FA's? I don't think with the way the NFL is starting to pay RB's that you can define a RB as an elite FA anymore based off of pay. I assume you are saying our starting G is Leary that is a FA, you forget he is a RFA, Beasley is a RFA, once again I don't think Carter is back next year as he won't get play outside of the Nickle with Hitch probably starting at Sam, McClain at Mike, and Lee at Will next season, so we have ONE starting LB not two as you say to resign, although Carter if he does come back won't break the bank at all, as I state I believe he leaves to start as he does not start in Dallas as I believe you assume he does, he plays Nickle only. Oh no punters cost sooooooooooo much lol, If you think about it and say that you place a second round tender on Leary and Beasley it would cost you a total of about 5M total for both of those players, and that is if they give both a 2nd round tender, which may or may not happen. If they just tender both you are looking more like 3M total for both players which is what I believe they will do. However lets go with the second round tender idea, and lets say you give Dez 15M next season as his cap hit (lmao still funny to me, but we will go with it), you now have 20M for those three players, add in McClain at lets say for your peace of mind a inflated 7M next season and now you've spent 27M, lets say my punter cost me 2M (not going to happen, but ok) it's now 30M spent. I let Murray walk as you say he will get more than 6M per, which he just might from a team like the Jags or Bucs, not unlikely, just won't be from Dallas, also I let Carter walk as well. I now have all my players back except Carter, Murray, and Harris, and I've spent 30M to do this (hell of a number which is very silly and won't happen, but ok lets play your cap game). I as of today with a 140M cap number in 2015 walk into the offseason with 13M before I decline the Melton deal which gives me an additional 9M, so I have 21M in cap space walking into next season. Guess what I do now? I restructure Tyron Smith's deal and create an additional 8M in cap space to give me a total of 29M, I am still off by 1M just to sign my players, so now I restructure Romo, it's not as bad as everyone thinks as regardless IF Romo has to be cut before the next three years anyways we'd be in HELL and start over either way so adding an additional 12M to the future 3 years will be ok. Not to mention Jerry is going to go all in as I'm sure he believes we are a few players away from a championship after this season. Now my cap is at 41M in space, after you take away the 30M for players signed I have 11M left for rookies and FA's including a RB.

You have two ways to go about getting a RB, pay AP the 6M per or less or draft one in the top three rounds. Lets say our RB though cost us 6M per and lets say his cap number is at 6M next season (which it won't be, cap number rise over the years of contracts, with big base pay at the end of contracts, but since I know you love to be a pessimist I'll entertain you). Now I have 5M for FA's and Rookies. So no big names added other than AP to trade out for Murray, and we lost Carter, Murray, and Harris. Not a bad offseason so far right, as we really only lost Carter who plays nickle whom will be replaced by Lee in that Nickle role now, so no big loss there actually an upgrade, and also Harris whom while he is good at ST he can and will be replaced. So even at it's worse we go into 2015 better because we get a rookie class and a healthy Lee. Now if I want to get fancy and sign a top FA I can, I can go to Carr and say take a pay cut of 4M or be cut. If I cut Carr June 1 I save 7.5M on this coming years cap which signs my rookies and gives me that 5M I had left over after signing AP to play with, if Carr takes a pay cut, I have money to sign my rookies and can once again use that 5M to sign a player. Now understand that this is being a pessimist, and this would never happen. The reality of it is Dez will get tagged before he sees 15M or more next season, McClain will have a cap hit lower than 5M next season no matter what team he signs with, and if we restructure Romo, it isn't to resign our own players, it's to go all in and get a top FA like Suh, JPP, and/or McCourty. You have to understand, probably the best and worst thing for us as fans and the NFL is that Jerry being this close will bet the farm on this team to win it all, we saw it when he went for Roy Williams the WR, and signed the FA's he did that previous year, we will see it again as we all know how Jerry is. The reason I say best is because for the next three years the NFL and Cowboys fans alike should experience a Cowboys team that will be Super Bowl contenders, the bad thing is that once these three years are over, without a huge increase in cap or great drafts and I do mean great, Dallas will probably see a major drop off for several years.

5.) Dallas always finds a way to keep whom they want to, maybe your team should too. I personally hope ya'll can't keep Fletch or Kendricks, fuck the Eagles and I do mean that in the most disrespectful manner possible as I have grown a new level of hate for Philly and their fans this year, lol.

Disclaimer: don't be offended by anything I said in this post it was all fun and games, not personal, I'm not that type of guy to be disrespectful.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree success at RG does not guarantee success at RT. However, considering Martin's position in college was LT -- where he was a 4 year starter -- I think the transition would be rather easy for him. I would argue that his skill set at Tackle might be more advanced than his skill set at RG. Would he be All-Pro at RT? I don't know. Would he be a Pro-Bowl RT? I would put money on it.

One thing I am not on board with is giving Doug Free any kind of deal longer than 2 years. And I am certain someone will throw a multi year deal at him. I don't trust Free to stay sharp if he gets paid again. It didn't work out so well last time Free got paid.

Look bro I agree with you, I think though you keep Martin at RG and you draft a RT. Just my opinion, and you could get a RT in the 2-4 rounds that could start off the top.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he wouldn't be giving up guaranteed money. He couldn't do that anyways as he has already received the money that was guaranteed to him; but for cap purpose they spread it out over years rather than taking one big hit the same year he is paid. Once you sign any deal in the NFL you receive all guaranteed money agreed to in full upon signing the contract, not over the course of the contract like it is on paper.

Back to your point though Ford, his Base salary is not guaranteed money. He is free to give up as much of that as he wants as long as he plays for AT LEAST the league minimum. In other words Romo has a cap nubmber of 27,773,000 in 2015. Of that 5M is signing bonus which has already been paid when he signed the contract, 1,635,000 which is an option bonus in which he will get once the new league year starts, 4,138,000 of which is restructured money which has already litteraly been paid to him once he agreed to the restructure. None of that money can be touched or altered. HOWEVER the remaing amount on his 2015 salary is made up of a 17M base pay, that amount can be played with as it is not guaranteed. Romo can do one of two things, one he can do a restructure which is to take this money for cap purpose and spread it out over several years, we are use to this by now, he would then receive all of 2015's base pay up front and from that point it would be guaranteed money for cap accounting purposes for each year it is spread out over, but physically has already been paid out, OR he could do as Murph I believe was suggesting, and take a pay cut, which I believe Murph called a restructure which is not the correct term for it. By taking a paycut Romo then says hey Jerry, I believe this team can win it all, and I am willing to go from a 17M base to a 7M base to help. Problem with this is would you give back a large part of your annual base salary if your boss approached you about it? Romo is he did do a pay cut would never see the money he gives up, nor would it count on the cap. There is the problem, you are asking a guy who has the most job security of any player on this team, whom has a family, a bad back, will probably live a life in pain later down the road, and has a few more years to make money in the NFL to give back money in which he probably will have to live the rest of his life off of. Why would he give it back? I doubt he does nor is it fair for a fan to expect him to.

Another problem with this is that I also believe when the new nfl year begins that if Romo is on the team, his 2015 salary is fully guaranteed; so he would have to take a pay cut between now and March before the new league year begins; because whatever base number Romo carries into the new NFL league year becomes guaranteed money and therefore can't be reduced. Very complicated situation and don't depend on Romo taking a paycut, and I personally hope Jerry does not restructure his contract, it just wouldn't be good business. Look at Peyton Manning, last season looked like he could play another 4-5 years, after the second half of this year and yesterday, the guy looks done, looks average and not worth 20M a year. The fall off for QBs hits fast and very hard, and it will come sooner then later for Romo especially with back issues. As of now Romo can't be cut for 2015 no matter how you look at it, would be hard to cut in 2016, and in 2017 would still have about 10M in dead money if cut. 2018 is the first year you see little damage at 2.5M for cutting Romo. For me only way Romo's Cap Number is less in 2015 is if he takes a pay cut which is little to no chance.

Good News is we will be fine even if he doesn't, I will explain in a few.

$7.5M of Romo's base becomes guaranteed when he is on the team on the 3rd day of the league year the PREVIOUS year. So $7.5M of his 2015 salary is already added to his guaranteed money so up those figures by that.

Legally he could "give back" a portion of his non-guarateed money, but the NFLPA won't be happy about that so it's not happening. If we restructure his contract AGAIN we are dumber than I previous felt we were. There is so much money already pushed into outer years. Watching Romo I can't help but think/worry that a possible career ending injury could happen at any moment. We can't increase the dead money that we already are on the hook for with him. Not saying we would cut him today, but his dead money today is $37M and almost $20M next year!!! We need to eat into that, not make it worse.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suppose Jerry doesn't resign Dez, but he signs elsewhere for an amount we can't match. but to replace him Jerry goes and gets either Demaryius Thomas or Maclin, and is able to do so for less than Dez.

I think Dez is a massive talent and don't want to see him go, but if we miss out on bringing him back and get one of those other two...all good?

I'm not sure who is a FA, but on the two you mentioned Maclin is nowhere near the player Dez is and Thomas will cost just as much

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay the coaches whatever they want Jerry.

Agree within reason, no cap hit. Problem is for two of the guys I don't think money is the deciding factor. Marinelli wants to go with Lovie and let's be honest, does he seem like a Jerry type of guy? Callahan I think has been waiting for the year to end after the way things went down. He was OC in title only, but I think he felt he was castrated and took the blame by the way Garrett handled things in 2013 and the way things went down with Linehan this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry isn't good at creating space. Dallas always has cap problems and can't add elite talent cause he hands out too many mega contracts. Any team can restructure and push there problems down the road. Dallas has to sign Dez 100,0p0,000 Murray 50,000,000, Free, Parnell, Beasley, Punter, Carter, McClain, Spencer and others. I just don't see how you can fit a JPP or especially a Suh. Has a team ever signed two 100,000,000 dollar players in one off season, while having a starting superstar RB, a good RT, a good Guard, 2 starting LBers, a good #3 WR, a stud Punter too. Restructiring deals is a bad thing. I think if Dallas can just keep what they have it would be trememendous and Nets is saying it can be done which is good but adding another mega contract on top of everything else doesn't seem possible????? But like I said, I'm not a capologist.

Never said Suh would sign, I think Suh will sign with a team that will make him the highest paid D player ever, which won't be us; but then again Suh could prove everyone wrong and come play for a contender also. We will see.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questions...

1) IMO There is no way McClain comes anywhere near that contract. I'm not even so sure I'd give him a big contract with all of the injuries and now the concussions? Loved him this year, but not sure what we can count on going forward.
2) Agree
3) Not sure, it all comes down to how these are structured and I don't care enough to spend the time
4) We have a lot of FAs to sign. Suh is going to be the highest paid defensive player in the league and not coming to Dallas. In addition to Dez and Murray we have like 10 other guys that play a key role. Even guys like Beasley and Leary that are restricted. People keep saying they aren't going anywhere because they are restricted, but they still hit the cap. So the restricted part of it is kind of meaningless in that sense.
5) No. Hate that

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Such a simple point and yet no one seems to grasp it. There is no genius involved, just kicking the can down the road. Any kid with a roster and a calculator could do it. Maybe if we hadn't done all of these restructures we would have already signed Dez (or whomever you list) for a little less or maybe we would have signed another pass rusher last year or at least if Romo's back injury was career ending we would be able to overcome it. Now we'd basically have to stat over if Romo never got up from one of those hits.