• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason 2016-17

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read that as well. So the guy that traded him twice wants him back...

So who do we trade for pitching if we sign him? It is usually one and then the other.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that as well. So the guy that traded him twice wants him back...

So who do we trade for pitching if we sign him? It is usually one and then the other.
My guess, Seth Smith.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to be expensive, and he'll cost us a 1st round pick. This isn't happening, we are going after pitching IMO.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I can't buy the Trumbo thing at all. Why would you essentially trade him for nothing only to sign him to much more expensive deal and forfeit a 1st round pick.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Mariners interest have been really overblown

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Mariners interest have been really overblown

Yea. When it comes to insiders Bowden isn't super credible in my eyes. More of a failed GM who just throws stuff against the wall.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know much about him, but he did have a solid year two years ago. He was injured last year, but sounds like an innings eater; just what we are looking for.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least it's a player to be named later. If the guy is going to be a trying to be a fifth starter we shouldn't be trading Diaz for him.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pitching depth, I'm not so sure he makes the 25 man roster out of spring but that's OK because he still has options remaining which gives us flexibility with the rotation.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there aren't any difference makers available at SP, then build the pen and make it as strong as possible. Add another srud closer and 8th inning setup man and move everyone else back one.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least it's a player to be named later. If the guy is going to be a trying to be a fifth starter we shouldn't be trading Diaz for him.

Yeah, he'll basically be thrown into the mix to compete for that 5th spot and that's it...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing lots of discussion and a tad bit of hand wringing about what the Ms will do for a pitching rotation. Right now it appears it would be Felix-Paxton-Kuma-Miranda-?. That's more or less how we finished this past season and it held up fine. Certainly not the best, but definitely good enough to field a competitive team. Some work to do and probably some competition for that bottom spot, but I don't see an emergency situation here.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing lots of discussion and a tad bit of hand wringing about what the Ms will do for a pitching rotation. Right now it appears it would be Felix-Paxton-Kuma-Miranda-?. That's more or less how we finished this past season and it held up fine. Certainly not the best, but definitely good enough to field a competitive team. Some work to do and probably some competition for that bottom spot, but I don't see an emergency situation here.
It's more about depth for me and improving the starting pitching will have the most impact on the teams success. I believe a better pitching staff gets the Mariners in the post season. As it stands right now I would say a rotation of Felix, Paxton, Kuma, a guy with less than 60 mlb innings and a question mark don't spell playoffs.

It appears they are hoping one or two of the many recently acquired guys will thrive.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more about depth for me and improving the starting pitching will have the most impact on the teams success. I believe a better pitching staff gets the Mariners in the post season. As it stands right now I would say a rotation of Felix, Paxton, Kuma, a guy with less than 60 mlb innings and a question mark don't spell playoffs.

It appears they are hoping one or two of the many recently acquired guys will thrive.

I agree in a fantasy world we get a true 3rd starter but we have no chance with the group we have and no addition of another like type pitcher gets us there. Go get two stud relievers and make it a 5 inning game.

Not mocking your idea but just have not seen a big move by JD that has worked. Many, many deals but none that have been above average replacement.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree 100%. I think i misread it before in my Hawks depression. A name that is available that is realistic help to me is Danny Duffy from KC. I like his game.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. I think i misread it before in my Hawks depression. A name that is available that is realistic help to me is Danny Duffy from KC. I like his game.
Yeah that Seahawks game yesterday caused some PTSD.

I like Danny Duffy, thats exactly the type of player I would love to see added. He is that really solid mid rotation guy.

A few others I hope JD looks at:
-Jose Quintana would be awesome but the price tag is likely extreme.
-Drew Pomeranz Boston has a lot of high quality pitching at the moment might be looking to move some of their excess. Clay Buchholz doesn't do anything for me.
-Other than that I would love to pry one of those young pitchers from the Pirates, they sure have a lot of them.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that Seahawks game yesterday caused some PTSD.

I like Danny Duffy, thats exactly the type of player I would love to see added. He is that really solid mid rotation guy.

A few others I hope JD looks at:
-Jose Quintana would be awesome but the price tag is likely extreme.
-Drew Pomeranz Boston has a lot of high quality pitching at the moment might be looking to move some of their excess. Clay Buchholz doesn't do anything for me.
-Other than that I would love to pry one of those young pitchers from the Pirates, they sure have a lot of them.

100% agree but from what i read quintana's price right was three top prospects all better than what we have.

With Duffy we may have to take on a contract like Ventura (i think that is his name) who has four years l left i believe on his contract. He is a head case but we need pitching.