• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pop Sami got last night just shows that it would be dumb not to put a belt on him tonight

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pop Sami got last night just shows that it would be dumb not to put a belt on him tonight
News came out that the Rock’s new movie he is filming got pushed back a few months. So I am really hoping that allows Sami to win tonight and Roman can finally face the Rock.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That main event was really fucking good. The ending totally sucked the life out of the building and it is a bummer, but its still pretty cool to something have that kind of effect and meaning. I do like the seeds planted that Jey turning on Roman is what could bring the downfall of everything which is a nice bookend to the story since it started with him and Roman. Still, Sami probably should have won tonight. It doesn't totally ruin everything, its still an all time great story, but it feels like one of those "Yeah its was good but" situations everyone will always talk about

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That main event was really fucking good. The ending totally sucked the life out of the building and it is a bummer, but its still pretty cool to something have that kind of effect and meaning. I do like the seeds planted that Jey turning on Roman is what could bring the downfall of everything which is a nice bookend to the story since it started with him and Roman. Still, Sami probably should have won tonight. It doesn't totally ruin everything, its still an all time great story, but it feels like one of those "Yeah its was good but" situations everyone will always talk about

And the ironic twist is it doesn’t start without Roman anyway…jey is so ungrateful

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Mens match.

They need to give Ford a big push.

He's Oozes Christima in spades. Good worker. Might be the biggest Afro-American superstar they ever made

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to the Main event.....................

Although Sami lost. He won

He proved tonight that he could be "that guy"

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm sure this point has been made a thousand times but watching Roman Reigns right now it's impossible not to imagine an alternate timeline where the WWE listened to the 2015 crowd reactions, gave Roman a massive heel run then eventually turned him babyface 2017/18ish Ala the Rock turning after NOD and the corporation

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this point has been made a thousand times but watching Roman Reigns right now it's impossible not to imagine an alternate timeline where the WWE listened to the 2015 crowd reactions, gave Roman a massive heel run then eventually turned him babyface 2017/18ish Ala the Rock turning after NOD and the corporation

They never should have forced him into Cena "doing it for the kiddos" babyface role. Reigns personality just comes across as too cool for that. Whether he's heel or face doesn't matter, its just not believable when he was in that role and that's why it was so rigid.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They never should have forced him into Cena "doing it for the kiddos" babyface role. Reigns personality just comes across as too cool for that. Whether he's heel or face doesn't matter, its just not believable when he was in that role and that's why it was so rigid.

I agree, but then the cancer messed with those plans anyway

You weren’t bringing him back as a heel. The fans wouldn’t allow that either way.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter where Sami ends up at this year’s Wrestlemania, it’s going to be so strange for people in 5-10 years who just go back and watch every WM to see him in a comedy match last year against Knoxville, compared to whatever he has this year.

WWE proving that it doesn’t matter what your spot is the year before, they can get you over if they get behind you.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter where Sami ends up at this year’s Wrestlemania, it’s going to be so strange for people in 5-10 years who just go back and watch every WM to see him in a comedy match last year against Knoxville, compared to whatever he has this year.

WWE proving that it doesn’t matter what your spot is the year before, they can get you over if they get behind you.
I think Sami did a really great job transitioning from the comic relief to going dark on Roman and the Bloodline. It wasn't just WWE pushing him, he made that story work. It was just a well done line and Sami made it better. Someone like Baron Corbin isn't pulling that off.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

To me Cena was the right character to turn the WWE into a more family friendly product after the Attitude Era but even he found his voice initially as an insult rapper. Stone Cold was a sociopathic redneck before they transitioned him to a babyface. The Rock was an arrogant alpha jock in the NoD/Corporation. Hogan was a heel in the territory days.
I think wrestlers need to find their character as a heel before they get a Mega babyface push.
Roman was a heel in the Shield but his character was basically silent muscle.

His charisma and gravitas is off the charts. It's literally on a different level than the entire wrestling industry. If they just went with the crowd reaction in 2015 then turned him baby face after it ran its course I think it would have been a complete game changer

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure they should’ve had Sami win at EC. He should’ve won and they set up a rematch on Smackdown to get a big number then have Jey cost Sami. Would’ve gotten the championship out of the picture for Sami. The tag titles is such a let down no matter where they go run here, especially if they are going to allow Cody to be the guy.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure they should’ve had Sami win at EC. He should’ve won and they set up a rematch on Smackdown to get a big number then have Jey cost Sami. Would’ve gotten the championship out of the picture for Sami. The tag titles is such a let down no matter where they go run here, especially if they are going to allow Cody to be the guy.

It lets jey stay in the story too.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It lets jey stay in the story too.
If they did my scenario? My scenario would justify the tag titles being a satisfying conclusion. Now IMO, the best story would be Jey vs KO, Sami involved in the triple threat, Jey costs Sami and Cody with Roman retaining. Then blow it off by having Cody beat Roman at SS after Roman goes his 1000 days as champ

After the WM match Cody can finally turn heel so his story isn’t so stupid. He should be pissed off that everyone compares him to Dusty, he should be winning the title saying he is better than his dad. He should be pissed off that WWE screwed his early career, then brought him back to screw him again.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they did my scenario? My scenario would justify the tag titles being a satisfying conclusion. Now IMO, the best story would be Jey vs KO, Sami involved in the triple threat, Jey costs Sami and Cody with Roman retaining. Then blow it off by having Cody beat Roman at SS after Roman goes his 1000 days as champ

After the WM match Cody can finally turn heel so his story isn’t so stupid. He should be pissed off that everyone compares him to Dusty, he should be winning the title saying he is better than his dad. He should be pissed off that WWE screwed his early career, then brought him back to screw him again.

I like that a lot better than Sami winning this weekend

If jey does quit the bloodline he needs to be excommunicated from the entire family

Even the rock should be talking shit on Twitter lol

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If jey does quit the bloodline he needs to be excommunicated from the entire family

I don't like the idea of taking the focus off Sami and Roman right now. I think Roman needs to melt down some more first before they have someone come in to tell him he isn't fit to lead. He needs to spiral more and lose control some more.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it would’ve been to have Sami win then quickly lose it before Cody wins it. If Cody wins it, he gets the Raw after Mania then his entire character is heel. I don’t agree with, but can understand people liking, that he wants to win the one his daddy didn’t, but after that it’s what, he is keeping it because daddy didn’t? If he is only there for titles then let him give him the IC and let Gunther build himself up to the big belts.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would’ve been to have Sami win then quickly lose it before Cody wins it. If Cody wins it, he gets the Raw after Mania then his entire character is heel. I don’t agree with, but can understand people liking, that he wants to win the one his daddy didn’t, but after that it’s what, he is keeping it because daddy didn’t? If he is only there for titles then let him give him the IC and let Gunther build himself up to the big belts.

Sami beating Roman devalues Cody’s mania win.

And doesn’t add much

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sami beating Roman devalues Cody’s mania win.

And doesn’t add much
IMO they could have done so much with it.

I think I would have gone Sami winning it (clean or no) and soon after Roman calls Sami out and Roman tells the Usos to go after Sami and they tell him no, Sami won and he was their boy...or you just have Jey do that...then you have more turmoil in the Bloodline to build on. The whole point is how do they keep the story going.

Right now, I don't know what you do with Sami. He's flying high and you put him against Corbin and just roll him off the Bloodline story? I don't like that. It is just going to die and that's dumb.