• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. WWE was hyping up the MSG show via the sheets by not telling anyone who Brock and Roman's opponents were gonna be, making it seem like one of them could drop the title or maybe Cody would debut. Turns out Brock faced Austin Theory in a total squash and Roman faced Rollins in a squash.
The sheets played themselves and it was hilarious. All WWE said was hey come see this house show at MSG and we’re gonna tape some footage of Brock‘s match and they ran with it like Cody Rhodes just gonna show up.

Looks like all they wanted to tape was Roman leaving Brock a bloody mess probably to insert it into the video packages of their feud.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sheets played themselves and it was hilarious. All WWE said was hey come see this house show at MSG and we’re gonna tape some footage of Brock‘s match and they ran with it like Cody Rhodes just gonna show up.

Looks like all they wanted to tape was Roman leaving Brock a bloody mess probably to insert it into the video packages of their feud.

They made a big deal out of it by mentioning it on multiple shows like it was part of heymans master plan

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They made a big deal out of it by mentioning it on multiple shows like it was part of heymans master plan
Who made a big deal out of it because WWE surely didn’t they mentioned it like twice. All WWE did was try and draw interest in a non televised house show because it was at Madison Square Garden. They never promised a big major debut.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who made a big deal out of it because WWE surely didn’t they mentioned it like twice. All WWE did was try and draw interest in a non televised house show because it was at Madison Square Garden. They never promised a big major debut.

The characters did

Not wwe corporate

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a little bit of both. The sheets and fans ran with the big debut rumors (like they'd actually debut Cody Rhodes at a fucking non-televised event, lol). But WWE did promote both Brock and Reigns' matches as mystery opponents making you believe something could conceivably go down in at least one of them. They've had title changes at the MSG shows before (though it was the US Title) so they were at least trying to make you think there was a chance something could go down.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a little bit of both. The sheets and fans ran with the big debut rumors (like they'd actually debut Cody Rhodes at a fucking non-televised event, lol). But WWE did promote both Brock and Reigns' matches as mystery opponents making you believe something could conceivably go down in at least one of them. They've had title changes at the MSG shows before (though it was the US Title) so they were at least trying to make you think there was a chance something could go down.

I think it was some Tag belts.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes it was Andrade beating mysterio

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catching up on the world in wrestling since I was watching college bb and the news is bad

Big E broke his neck after a really bad suplex from Ridge Holland where he just dumped him on his head. The positive news is Big E can move all his digits but there's no word yet on how long he'll be out. He was in good spirits on the video he posted online. Big E is such a good dude. Even with a broken neck he's still positive.

Ridge Holland should not be on the main roster. This isn't the first time he's dumped someone on there head. He's too green and got rushed thru the company because of his look. I feel bad for him because its not his fault. He need more training.

Also, in WHAT THE FUCK news, Pete Dunne is now "Butch". :L :L :L Fucking WWE, man

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catching up on the world in wrestling since I was watching college bb and the news is bad

Big E broke his neck after a really bad suplex from Ridge Holland where he just dumped him on his head. The positive news is Big E can move all his digits but there's no word yet on how long he'll be out. He was in good spirits on the video he posted online. Big E is such a good dude. Even with a broken neck he's still positive.

Ridge Holland should not be on the main roster. This isn't the first time he's dumped someone on there head. He's too green and got rushed thru the company because of his look. I feel bad for him because its not his fault. He need more training.

Also, in WHAT THE FUCK news, Pete Dunne is now "Butch". :L :L :L Fucking WWE, man

I saw the news on instagram and thought it was kayfabe….shit

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just saw it

They were out of synch.

Big e didn’t “ jump” right before the lift off because Holland double pumped

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Butch?! Fucking A.

Maybe they can find someone else to call Luke and bring back the Bushwackers

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That sucks. Prayers to Big E . First and foremost I hope it doesn't impact his quality of life then I hope it's not career-threatening. That was a nasty bump, if that was a wrestler with less muscle on their frame the result could have been worse.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't mind it. As Sheamus said as he was being introduced, Dunne is going by a nickname. He also said "you may know him under another name", so it's not like Butch couldn't go back to his proper name down the road. They didn't act like he was never called Pete Dunne. I'd like to see where it goes, hopefully it means regular airtime for this new stable.

It's not a British stable because Sheamus isn't from the Ireland that is part of the UK, but it's so cool to see two Brits in there. Both are very deserving of this, although I really wish Ridge Holland hadn't dropped Big E like that. I'm sure it was an accident and he feels terrible right now.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't mind it. As Sheamus said as he was being introduced, Dunne is going by a nickname. He also said "you may know him under another name", so it's not like Butch couldn't go back to his proper name down the road. They didn't act like he was never called Pete Dunne. I'd like to see where it goes, hopefully it means regular airtime for this new stable.

It's not a British stable because Sheamus isn't from the Ireland that is part of the UK, but it's so cool to see two Brits in there. Both are very deserving of this, although I really wish Ridge Holland hadn't dropped Big E like that. I'm sure it was an accident and he feels terrible right now.
Did they give up on changing WALTER's name to Gunther?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they give up on changing WALTER's name to Gunther?

No but that seems to be an official change, when Dunne was introduced they did say it was only a nickname Sheamus and Ridge call him. I’m sure he will be Butch as long as he’s in the group.

But it could be like the Shorty G situation where once that runs its course he goes back to Pete Dunne.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but that seems to be an official change, when Dunne was introduced they did say it was only a nickname Sheamus and Ridge call him. I’m sure he will be Butch as long as he’s in the group.

But it could be like the Shorty G situation where once that runs its course he goes back to Pete Dunne.
I guess it isn't going to be a thing for a little while with E out, but the announcers also stopped calling Kofi and E The New Day for some reason.

Guess with E out and I'm guessing Woods hurt as well, Kofi is going to need something new to do.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it isn't going to be a thing for a little while with E out, but the announcers also stopped calling Kofi and E The New Day for some reason.

Guess with E out and I'm guessing Woods hurt as well, Kofi is going to need something new to do.

The plan was supposed to be the New Day vs Sheamus’ group so I can see Sheamus vs Kofi filing that spot.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best news possible given the situation. Hope for a speedy recovery. Maybe he'll be like Miro and will basically be as good as new.

Reactions: ill

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best news possible given the situation. Hope for a speedy recovery. Maybe he'll be like Miro and will basically be as good as new.

Wonderful news