• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they give her the title shot at Wrestlemania.

I think that's entirely possible.

But they gave it to Carmella same reason that Ricochet got the the title shot on raw.

he has 0 shot of winning.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's entirely possible.

But they gave it to Carmella same reason that Ricochet got the the title shot on raw.

he has 0 shot of winning.

I guess.

Sometimes I have to remember I am old and the old days of having programs between two wrestlers lasting multiple pay-per-views with twists and turns that brought people back for more are long gone.

Naomi getting multiple chances at the heel with a different screwjob each time until the big payoff at Wrestlemania.

No. Let's expect people to spend money to watch someone they know is not winning the title get the shot at our next pay per view.

Do they even have them on ppv or is it all the network now?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess.

Sometimes I have to remember I am old and the old days of having programs between two wrestlers lasting multiple pay-per-views with twists and turns that brought people back for more are long gone.

Naomi getting multiple chances at the heel with a different screwjob each time until the big payoff at Wrestlemania.

No. Let's expect people to spend money to watch someone they know is not winning the title get the shot at our next pay per view.

i mean this is the hardest tome of year for booking, but you also can’t just do a repeat of the card at wm either.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Carmella getting a title shot was a bit meh to me. I was hoping for Alexa to win the match.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Carmella getting a title shot was a bit meh to me. I was hoping for Alexa to win the match.

I always root for Alexa. My fave.

but in this case I’m fine. I was hopeful she’d get the mania match.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bray Wyatt is so immensely talented it’s ridiculous.

that was a great segment.

loved all the nwo call backs, plus Corbins as well.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess.

Still ready to pass judgment? I think it’s clear what they’re setting up

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still ready to pass judgment? I think it’s clear what they’re setting up

This depends on where they are going. If the end game is just a triple threat match, then what they have done is diminished each story line they could tell between Bayley and each girl.

A Bayley-Carmella story, given their NXT relationship, deserves its own story.

The Bayley-Naomi setup is weakened by the addition of Carmella.

Unless...

Carmella turns and joins with Bayley. If they do that, the combination of the two stories will make sense.

Otherwise, they are telling too many stories with the same people at the same time and the overlap of the two diminishes each individual story.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This depends on where they are going. If the end game is just a triple threat match, then what they have done is diminished each story line they could tell between Bayley and each girl.

Unless...

Carmella turns and joins with Bayley. If they do that, the combination of the two stories will make sense.

Otherwise, they are telling too many stories with the same people at the same time and the overlap of the two diminishes each individual story.

I think they’re setting up Naomi/bayley at mania with Mela there to take the fall in Saudi Arabia.

but still a dirty win for bayley so we get Naomi/bayley at mania

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless...

this is better than the trash they’re doing with Charlotte right now.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is better than the trash they’re doing with Charlotte right now.

Oh yeah. Ughhh!

I hate that they are trying to put NXT as a "third brand" instead of what it should be: a place for unknowns to become a household name.

Start filling the NXT with name wrestlers from Raw and Smackdown and you kill off the chances to build tomorrow's stars.

Speaking of NXT, I know it's the wrong thread but, what a great job of storytelling in setting up this Tegan-Dakota feud.

Much better than the random Bayley heel turn that they had fall in their lap but completely botched.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah. Ughhh!

I hate that they are trying to put NXT as a "third brand" instead of what it should be: a place for unknowns to become a household name.

Start filling the NXT with name wrestlers from Raw and Smackdown and you kill off the chances to build tomorrow's stars.

Speaking of NXT, I know it's the wrong thread but, what a great job of storytelling in setting up this Tegan-Dakota feud.

Much better than the random Bayley heel turn that they had fall in their lap but completely botched.

yeah they should embrace it.

mike trout and mookie betts played aaa ball.

It’s also their biggest advantage against aew

but the best heel turn of 2019 on nxt was Finn balor, by far.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah they should embrace it.

mike trout and mookie betts played aaa ball.

It’s also their biggest advantage against aew

but the best heel turn of 2019 on nxt was Finn balor, by far.

"Johnny Wrestling? More like Johnny Watches Wrestling!"

One line and I am sitting there thinking "why did they waste so many years with him as a babyface?"

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Johnny Wrestling? More like Johnny Watches Wrestling!"

One line and I am sitting there thinking "why did they waste so many years with him as a babyface?"

because people love the demon and only hardcore fans know what bullet club is?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because people love the demon and only hardcore fans know what bullet club is?

Good point. Good point.

Alas, he was booked so weak as a main roster babyface.....

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Good point.

Alas, he was booked so weak as a main roster babyface.....

I mean, they’ve done nothing with him making the bullet club signs.

I’ve been waiting for something but maybe it’s just no different than Scott hall using all razor ramons body language in wcw...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah. Ughhh!

also, I think all the fans are overreacting.

They actually think flair is going to win the nxt title.

and all the bs about her only getting titles because of her name is laughable. Plus she puts over everyone like it’s no ones business. And that’s what she is here, a prop

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, I think all the fans are overreacting.

They actually think flair is going to win the nxt title.

and all the bs about her only getting titles because of her name is laughable. Plus she puts over everyone like it’s no ones business. And that’s what she is here, a prop

I agree with her putting people over. She has lost to Bayley, Becky, Sasha, Carmella....

Honestly, she does more to elevate her opponent than any other person in the women's division.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with her putting people over. She has lost to Bayley, Becky, Sasha, Carmella....

Honestly, she does more to elevate her opponent than any other person in the women's division.

thank you for recognizing that. No one else seems to.

don’t forget to add asuka to that list too (tlc 2018)

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty bad botch tonight with reigns hitting Corbin with the garbage can with the ref staring right at them and not getting a DQ

lol, it's bad when a wrestler misses a spot or 2 during a match, and Vince has been known to fire some of those wrestlers...