• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, but that doesn't mean they're going to put Kofi over at WM. The consensus among people in the know, Kofi's losing, Becky's winning and Brock/Rollins is up in the air, trending towards Brock.

Still waiting on how you know what 'those in the know' are thinking...

You seem to go radio silent when called out on your bs...

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, but that doesn't mean they're going to put Kofi over at WM. The consensus among people in the know, Kofi's losing,.

tenor.gif

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With SD going to primetime network TV I expect them to load up on Hollywood leading types during the shakeup.

Alexa, Finn, Roman, Mandy Rose getting more TV time, Peyton Royce getting lots of TV time.

It sounds shallow but if you're flipping through the channels on a Friday night and see Alexa or Peyton on the screen you're probably tuning in even if you have no prior interest in wrestling. Roman and Finn have the same effect on the female demographic.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also expect anyone who is a mainstream star outside of WWE to show up on SD even if it's just occasional appearances. Ronda, Lesnar, the Rock, Cena et al

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With SD going to primetime network TV I expect them to load up on Hollywood leading types during the shakeup.

Alexa, Finn, Roman, Mandy Rose getting more TV time, Peyton Royce getting lots of TV time.

It sounds shallow but if you're flipping through the channels on a Friday night and see Alexa or Peyton on the screen you're probably tuning in even if you have no prior interest in wrestling. Roman and Finn have the same effect on the female demographic.

Don’t see Balor going because he’s the IC champ and they didn’t switch Joe to Raw.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently according to Bleacher report.

Luke Harper has asked for his release

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to miss it tonight till Friday. Sportsnet 360, because of Game 4 in the Tampa Bay/Columbus series, is only streaming it on SN NOW, going to be home after 5, and OLN, which I don't get on my cable package.

Fuck....

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call

Well I posted that before the word about Joe being switched but them changing plans because he has the flu got out. Obviously knowing what the plan was for Joe switching Balor makes sense.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Added to Smackdown Live Roster:

WWE Intercontinental Champion Finn Balor.
Lars Sullivan.
Bayley.
Ember Moon.
Kairi Sane.
Buddy Murphy.
Elias.
Roman Reigns.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Added to Smackdown Live Roster:

WWE Intercontinental Champion Finn Balor.
Lars Sullivan.
Bayley.
Ember Moon.
Kairi Sane.
Buddy Murphy.
Elias.
Roman Reigns.
Liv Morgan
Chad Gable
Apollo Crews
Mickie James

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liv Morgan
Chad Gable
Apollo Crews
Mickie James

Heavy Machinery as well

SD loaded up on its Women's division. They basically have all the talent. With Sasha's status being who knows and Nia hurt, Raw is basically just Alexa. Naomi and Natty are ok but they haven't really established anyone else.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heavy Machinery as well

SD loaded up on its Women's division. They basically have all the talent. With Sasha's status being who knows and Nia hurt, Raw is basically just Alexa. Naomi and Natty are ok but they haven't really established anyone else.

You have the Riot Squad who are at least established. And well Raw is in the process the past few weeks of building up Lacey Evans, Tamina, and Dana Brooke. Plus you do have Zelina Vega who can wrestle as well. Also don't forget Becky is on Raw as well.

But SD is definitely the more loaded side.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Heavy Machinery as well

I think Becky eventually ends up on Raw. That evens out the star power a bit better

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have the Riot Squad who are at least established. And well Raw is in the process the past few weeks of building up Lacey Evans, Tamina, and Dana Brooke. Plus you do have Zelina Vega who can wrestle as well. Also don't forget Becky is on Raw as well.

But SD is definitely the more loaded side.

I think Becky eventually ends up on Raw. That evens out the star power a bit better

I agree with yall that Becky will probably end up on Raw when she drops a title. Then again, with SD going to FOX, it would make sense to put their most popular act on Network television. But on Raw, its gonna take awhile for them to build up any of the women to be interested in. None of the women Duffman mentioned imo have had time to establish anything interesting. Ruby Riott was interesting at a time, but they've jobbed out the Riott Squad so much over the last 6 months that all of them are damaged imo. Right now they're gonna do The Lady vs The Man so that might give them a few months of story but I'm not sold on Lacey Evans yet. Thought she got called up too early in NXT, they didn't do anything with her, and now she's right at the top of the card. That's a big transition

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree with yall that Becky will probably end up on Raw when she drops a title. Then again, with SD going to FOX, it would make sense to put their most popular act on Network television. But on Raw, its gonna take awhile for them to build up any of the women to be interested in. None of the women Duffman mentioned imo have had time to establish anything interesting. Ruby Riott was interesting at a time, but they've jobbed out the Riott Squad so much over the last 6 months that all of them are damaged imo. Right now they're gonna do The Lady vs The Man so that might give them a few months of story but I'm not sold on Lacey Evans yet. Thought she got called up too early in NXT, they didn't do anything with her, and now she's right at the top of the card. That's a big transition

Missed that Becky's status got covered.

It's also probable that Sasha was supposed to stay on Raw as a singles act and she goes there whenever the issues work themselves out.

The belts give them a way to move people between shows before the splits more official in October.

Last edited: