• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I really like the explanation.

I did, however, like Jimmy going for the hug and getting superkicked last second. That shit was hilarious

Also Roman should have been wearing the red shelled necklace

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I preferred it to just the jealous brother cliche

But it was though. And that's why I didn't like it that much. I don't know if it was scripted that way or Jimmy improvised or what, but he actually muddied it up by giving two explanations that clash. He first says he was worried about what would happen to the Usos if Jey won. That's venturing into the selfish, jealous brother pathway. He's more worried about himself than the accolades his brother can achieve. The reasoning sounds heelish and he starts coming off that way, but then he pivots into a separate reason about how being Tribal Chief is too corrupting saying look what it did to Roman, how Heyman corrupts, etc. That's more noble, like he's looking out for his brother to protect him. But you can't do both there. They needed to pick one or the other. Instead, it just came across messy

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it was though. And that's why I didn't like it that much. I don't know if it was scripted that way or Jimmy improvised or what, but he actually muddied it up by giving two explanations that clash. He first says he was worried about what would happen to the Usos if Jey won. That's venturing into the selfish, jealous brother pathway. He's more worried about himself than the accolades his brother can achieve. The reasoning sounds heelish and he starts coming off that way, but then he pivots into a separate reason about how being Tribal Chief is too corrupting saying look what it did to Roman, how Heyman corrupts, etc. That's more noble, like he's looking out for his brother to protect him. But you can't do both there. They needed to pick one or the other. Instead, it just came across messy

That I agree with

The super kick at summerslam also made it mixed

But jey was already becoming Roman

Look at the way he was treating his brother solo….

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I'll say about the product currently:

After seeing Smackdown, I don't believe the Jimmy/Jey angle makes sense. I think it was done unnecessarily and I believe this is being done solely because of a comment made by them both in some interview. They stated they would like to have a feud against each other at some point and here we are. Also, the state of Roman Reigns' title reign is very stale. No matter who the opponent is, the only way Roman wins is due to The Usos, Heyman or Solo. They are making it so Roman cannot beat people on his own, thus, in my opinion, tarnishing this portion of his reign. He used to be powerful, unstoppable Roman Reigns. Now, the people around him are the powerful, unstoppable ones. I think every now and then, having interference win the match, would be fine. But doing it on every PPV it a bit lazy, in my opinion.

I don't see the hype of LA Knight. He's great on the mic and his charisma is matched by very few people in the business right now, that I get, but he isn't a great in-ring performer, I have yet to watch a match of his and be like "wow, I enjoyed that match" or "it was a very good match" and I would argue that his finisher is by far one of the worst finishers in the business right now.

So, they gave Rey Mysterio the US title again. They gave it to him two times in May and November of 2019 for a total of 45 days. The fires reign was for 2 weeks where he dropped it to Samoa Joe. The 2nd reign was for 1 month when he dropped it to Andrade. I can't see what the purpose of this is UNLESS it is one of these 2 paths.

1. Santos gets jealous of Rey winning the United States title when it was Santos that was supposed to fight Theory for it. Santos' jealousy gets the best of him, leading him to attack Rey and challenge him for the US title at one of the PPVs, I'm guessing not this next one, but maybe Fastlane in October just to give time for him to "heal from injury".

2. There will be a title unification match at No Mercy between Rey Mysterio and his US title and Dominik Mysterio and his North American title. No Mercy is an NXT branded PPV, so it makes sense for that to be the case. I also think that NXT has been forcing the NA title a little too much and maybe it's time to retire that belt. NXT can have the NXT title, NXT Women's title and the Tag Titles, I think that is a great number of titles for NXT to have. The title unification match would be the nail in the coffin of the Rey/Dominik Saga.

I believe the first one makes the most sense.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I'll say about the product currently:

After seeing Smackdown, I don't believe the Jimmy/Jey angle makes sense. I think it was done unnecessarily and I believe this is being done solely because of a comment made by them both in some interview. They stated they would like to have a feud against each other at some point and here we are. Also, the state of Roman Reigns' title reign is very stale. No matter who the opponent is, the only way Roman wins is due to The Usos, Heyman or Solo. They are making it so Roman cannot beat people on his own, thus, in my opinion, tarnishing this portion of his reign. He used to be powerful, unstoppable Roman Reigns. Now, the people around him are the powerful, unstoppable ones. I think every now and then, having interference win the match, would be fine. But doing it on every PPV it a bit lazy, in my opinion.

I don't see the hype of LA Knight. He's great on the mic and his charisma is matched by very few people in the business right now, that I get, but he isn't a great in-ring performer, I have yet to watch a match of his and be like "wow, I enjoyed that match" or "it was a very good match" and I would argue that his finisher is by far one of the worst finishers in the business right now.

So, they gave Rey Mysterio the US title again. They gave it to him two times in May and November of 2019 for a total of 45 days. The fires reign was for 2 weeks where he dropped it to Samoa Joe. The 2nd reign was for 1 month when he dropped it to Andrade. I can't see what the purpose of this is UNLESS it is one of these 2 paths.

1. Santos gets jealous of Rey winning the United States title when it was Santos that was supposed to fight Theory for it. Santos' jealousy gets the best of him, leading him to attack Rey and challenge him for the US title at one of the PPVs, I'm guessing not this next one, but maybe Fastlane in October just to give time for him to "heal from injury".

2. There will be a title unification match at No Mercy between Rey Mysterio and his US title and Dominik Mysterio and his North American title. No Mercy is an NXT branded PPV, so it makes sense for that to be the case. I also think that NXT has been forcing the NA title a little too much and maybe it's time to retire that belt. NXT can have the NXT title, NXT Women's title and the Tag Titles, I think that is a great number of titles for NXT to have. The title unification match would be the nail in the coffin of the Rey/Dominik Saga.

I believe the first one makes the most sense.

I agree with basically all of this minus jey/jimmy

Saving him from being Roman, when he was already starting to turn with how he was treating Roman and solo with dishonorable sucker attacks, makes perfect sense

But I agree this angle was forced by their comment, and there’s zero need to wait for mania

None

Except for that interview

I agree knight is pretty meh

And I hope we get the heel santos from nxt

Best cruiserweight champ we had since malenko

And his gimmick was fun and original (the anti lucha Luchador)

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rey retires after this reign

And I think Santos is still the #1 contender and he gets a match against Rey and takes the belt and they hug it out. Since they didn't get to finish their match a few weeks ago, that just kind of seems like a good idea. The fans enjoyed that.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think an Uso feud is kind of fun. I think it ends with the two of them truly united against Roman because Roman does something stupid that turns Jimmy when he thinks he's helping the situation.

Solo is still just an enforcer and is just Romans right hand right now. He will eventually peel off too but right now he is just filler.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving jey to the alumnus section on the wwe website is real commitment to the bit

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's everyone's guess?

1) That was Edge's last match
2) He'll be back for proper send off around Mania
3) He's showing up at All In (or some other AEW in the coming weeks)

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's everyone's guess?

1) That was Edge's last match
2) He'll be back for proper send off around Mania
And he takes over Pierce's load on raw

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is still under WWE contract. This was his last contracted match but not the end of his contract. I believe he said his contact runs out around the end of September.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like they're losing the plot with this Bloodline business the last month or so. None of the stuff with Jimmy makes much sense.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Rock pop was LOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUDDDD

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Rock pop was LOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUDDDD

Imagine pretending anyone now is even close to that over

There’s no one there now or ever that was Bret over
Forget rock or Austin over

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant believe they kept the Rock's return a surprise
But was it really? Maybe it is hindsight but it kind of seems obvious if you are a college football+wwe fan+watch Pat McAfee

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But was it really? Maybe it is hindsight but it kind of seems obvious if you are a college football+wwe fan+watch Pat McAfee

It was for the majority of the audience I would guess. Pat is popular, but his show doesn't have THAT large of an appeal. And in wrestling circles, Fightful reported that Pat and The Rock were gonna be at the show like an hour before air. It wasn't a total surprise because there was a chunk of people that knew or could sense it might be happening, but the majority were probably surprised.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That was a big hint but for a Rock appearance I would have expected a full throttle marketing campaign to pop a rating on Fox. Its actually better for the fan experience to keep it a surprise. If theyre planning a Rock/Roman segment that will almost assuredly get weeks of hype

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overshadowed in all the release news today;

Smackdown is leaving Fox and going back to USA as NBCUniversal bought the rights.

WWE is currently still shopping Raw and NXT

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overshadowed in all the release news today;

Smackdown is leaving Fox and going back to USA as NBCUniversal bought the rights.

WWE is currently still shopping Raw and NXT

And they got $400 million more from USA than Fox gave them.