• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Reminded me of Edge at RR 2020 and Hardys at WM 33
Those were huge pops but for legends returning after a decade away from WWE.

This is something a little different. Dude's gotten over with limited minutes and a non existent push.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were huge pops but for legends returning after a decade away from WWE.

This is something a little different. Dude's gotten over with limited minutes and a non existent push.
It might be a Autism thing but IMHO.

Party Soccer GIF by Coca-Cola

is

halftime glow GIF by Pepsi

ie Pop is pop

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Then what......................

He just fades into the background?

Make us forgot that we love him?
He might also beat Theory at SS or soon after to win the US title giving him his first title win. Obviously he’s over so you reward him with a title to see if he can maintain it but I think giving him the briefcase was a bit premature.

Both Priest and Knight are 40 but Priest does have previous experience as a champion as he’s also a former US champion so I can see them starting L.A Knight there.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might also beat Theory at SS or soon after to win the US title giving him his first title win. Obviously he’s over so you reward him with a title to see if he can maintain it but I think giving him the briefcase was a bit premature.

Both Priest and Knight are 40 but Priest does have previous experience as a champion as he’s also a former US champion so I can see them starting L.A Knight there.

Valid Points

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strap the rocket to LA Knight cuz we're going to the moon.
My question though is when? He hasn’t had any decent storylines since I first heard the crowd go nuts for him, and this didn’t leave him having one either. All of the other guys who have been red hot in the WWE since I was a kid were working for the IC, big belt or working with a main eventer.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Knight winning the briefcase could’ve worked if he went after the IC belt so Gunther can get into the world title mix. With how hot he is, you don’t think the US is beneath the reaction?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knight winning the briefcase could’ve worked if he went after the IC belt so Gunther can get into the world title mix. With how hot he is, you don’t think the US is beneath the reaction?
If you look at the last couple US champions, you have a Theory who won MITB last year, you have a Lashley who is a former world champion, and you have Seth who is a former and now current world champion. I think Knight having the US title wouldn’t be that big of a step down for him given it would be his first title win in WWE. Start him there and give him a lengthy reign like Gunther so just like Gunther, next year people will be clamoring for him to win the RR and move up to the world title picture.

I think step 1 should be just giving him a title to start. He’s getting huge reactions but as long as he has something even if it’s the US title people will still believe in him.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the last couple US champions, you have a Theory who won MITB last year, you have a Lashley who is a former world champion, and you have Seth who is a former and now current world champion. I think Knight having the US title wouldn’t be that big of a step down for him given it would be his first title win in WWE. Start him there and give him a lengthy reign like Gunther so just like Gunther, next year people will be clamoring for him to win the RR and move up to the world title picture.

I think step 1 should be just giving him a title to start. He’s getting huge reactions but as long as he has something even if it’s the US title people will still believe in him.
I see your point but Theory nor Lashley have ever been remotely as over as Knight. And personally I do feel like it was a step down for Seth. I see your point though.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In early July WWE's going to London for MITB and Madison Square Garden for Smackdown the Friday after it.
LA Knight has the potential to be 2013 Daniel Bryan levels of over if that's what the company wants

He didn't even get a TV segment last night. : (

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't even get a TV segment last night. : (
Honestly, what he did before the show that WWE released was better than giving him a 2 minute backstage segment on tv because the Bloodline angle ran long.

I’m sure they knew it was gonna run long(although it apparently went 20 minutes over) so give him a segment in the ring before the show instead of risking it and having to cut his segment from the show entirely.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Honestly, what he did before the show that WWE released was better than giving him a 2 minute backstage segment on tv because the Bloodline angle ran long.

I’m sure they knew it was gonna run long(although it apparently went 20 minutes over) so give him a segment in the ring before the show instead of risking it and having to cut his segment from the show entirely.

I might be biased as a lifelong NY area wrestling fan but WWE at MSG was where I thought the first wave of Kavorkamania would reach a crescendo. You can't recreate that environment in any other building or market. I think they should have made time for the Bloodline and Knight segments and then worry about the rest of the show. La Knight in front of that crowd with close to 3 million people watching at home would have gone viral, as the kids say

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ffs. Rey wins? STOP. HAVING.KNIGHT.LOSE.

I don’t mind it

They’re probably gonna end up with him taking down Gunther?

So they make him make a mockery of another belt

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he got pinned I’d agree. But he looked great just didn’t win. Plus he’s all over WWE’s socials posted by WWE themselves so they’re clearly pushing him just not giving him everything right away.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'd rather Knight didn't eat the pin but if they're pivoting to a Logan Paul feud during SS season that might be the biggest thing for his career other than a WWE Championship run

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd rather Knight didn't eat the pin but if they're pivoting to a Logan Paul feud during SS season that might be the biggest thing for his career other than a WWE Championship r
If he got pinned I’d agree. But he looked great just didn’t win. Plus he’s all over WWE’s socials posted by WWE themselves so they’re clearly pushing him just not giving him everything right away.

Nm, Duffman's right. I thought I read LA Knight took the pin. If that didn't happen not advancing him to a US title match now is irrelevant. He's so over they do need a spot for him on the SS card and quickly

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nm, Duffman's right. I thought I read LA Knight took the pin. If that didn't happen not advancing him to a US title match now is irrelevant. He's so over they do need a spot for him on the SS card and quickly

Losing to the fiend again…

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....

That was unexpected

I'm not mad at it but I'm also not really into it right now either. I need to hear the explanation first. And while I never expected Jey to win, I would have also liked something a little less contrived. The whole point of Tribal Combat they said was no one gets involved. Then everyone is involved. Could have made it something special or fun, instead they just threw a name on a standard No DQ match.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not mad at it but I'm also not really into it right now either. I need to hear the explanation first. And while I never expected Jey to win, I would have also liked something a little less contrived. The whole point of Tribal Combat they said was no one gets involved. Then everyone is involved. Could have made it something special or fun, instead they just threw a name on a standard No DQ match.

I don’t believe they ever said no one could get involved, I think that’s just something people thought they said and then everyone just went with it.

But I don’t get the reaction from people online acting like Jimmy has rejoined the Bloodline. He may still be out but either just doesn’t want his little brother to outshine him(not ideal as we’ve seen jealous brother stories before), or he doesn’t want Jey to turn into what Roman has turned into by being Tribal Chief. Sometimes people think irrationally and Jimmy could truly believe that costing Jey the match so he doesn’t become corrupted by being Tribal Chief like Roman has is the best thing for him and can’t understand that what he did was wrong.