• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Season Thread - 2013 Edition

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The biggest liability to some of the Hickory players, especially Brinson and Gallo is their inability to put bat on ball. Saw a film clip of Brinson recently and while he shows amazing power, his big looping swing has a rather large hole in it. Same with Gallo. Makes it hard to see either of them advancing past AA ball unless they make some serious swing adjustments.

Yes ... reminds me a lot of CD.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized ill get to watch Darvish pitch Sunday. :yahoo:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Moved over from the YU vs CHW thread:

In all fairness, Gentry has a better OPS than Martin, only thing Martin has on Gentry is the average and the 1 HR

Gentry is better D, higher OBP and SLG, and more steals

Baker's ability to jump into the lineup and make a difference has been huge but his opportunity has been because of Murphy's inability to shake his April slump. He isn't on the roster primarily to be a fifth OF ... he is there to play CIF and 2b.

TEX best defensive OF is with Gentry and Martin on the field. Starting Gentry in CF and Martin in LF every night for two weeks might give them both the duration in the lineup to get hot. Can't force Baker out when he is producing ... but making time for Murphy is no different than the situation TEX was in last year with MY in the lineup.

Playing Murphy when he is cold ... just takes ABs away from Gentry and Martin and keeps them from producing to their potential. Last year it was just Gentry who suffered lost PT because of the need for MY to play on the field. This year both Gentry and Martin are adversely affected by having to give way and have Murphy take PT.

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moved over from the YU vs CHW thread:

Baker's ability to jump into the lineup and make a difference has been huge but his opportunity has been because of Murphy's inability to shake his April slump. He isn't on the roster primarily to be a fifth OF ... he is there to play CIF and 2b.

TEX best defensive OF is with Gentry and Martin on the field. Starting Gentry in CF and Martin in LF every night for two weeks might give them both the duration in the lineup to get hot. Can't force Baker out when he is producing ... but making time for Murphy is no different than the situation TEX was in last year with MY in the lineup.

Playing Murphy when he is cold ... just takes ABs away from Gentry and Martin and keeps them from producing to their potential. Last year it was just Gentry who suffered lost PT because of the need for MY to play on the field. This year both Gentry and Martin are adversely affected by having to give way and have Murphy take PT.

i didn't say anything about Murphy

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Scott Lucas Farm Report:

"As you might have heard by now, Round Rock 3B Mike Olt is out with vision problems. So, if you're the glass-half-full type, Olt was hitting .139 despite poor vision."

That might explain things ...

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what Cody Buckel's excuse is going to be....

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wonder what Cody Buckel's excuse is going to be....

You can't be that bad so quick even at the beginning of the season unless something is up. He's walked half as many batters in five games as he walked in 144 games between MYB and FRI last year.

Saw him pitch at ARK on opening night ... was all over the place and didn't get out of the third inning.

Somethings is definitely wrong ... hope going to the bullpen will straighten him out ... but after losing Kasey Kiker a couple of years ago to the same malady TEX can't lose another high draft choice pitcher.

Wish him well.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison had a setback in his recovery... had a 2nd operation today.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Smart thing ought to not count on him back at all and if he does make it back in 2013 it is a bonus.

I heard the middle of August at the earliest for Harrison so my hope is that Colby is back pitching decent and either Tep or Grimm take a hold of that 5th spot. Not sure what to expect of M.Perez.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I heard the middle of August at the earliest for Harrison so my hope is that Colby is back pitching decent and either Tep or Grimm take a hold of that 5th spot. Not sure what to expect of M.Perez.

I bet that is the short term plan with Grimm and Tepesch competing to see who stays once Colby is fully ready. If they keep putting up good outings it allows TEX to not rush Colby back. Martin Perez is quite a talent too and will get ample opportunity ... along with Tepesch and Grimm TEX has a trio of very young SPs who will be a factor if not to a big extent in 2013 but certainly 2014.

You can never have too much starting pitching.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best case scenario for the pitching is that Tep and Grimm keep dealing, Perez comes in and moves Ogando back to the pen, Lewis comes back which pushes Tep or Grimm to a 6th starter roll but keeps getting extended innings in relief if need be.

Then in the offseason we have Tep or Grimm sitting there young and cheap and expendable and we can dangle him as trade bait. Tampa keeps refilling their young core by selling young pitching. Would love for Texas to also be able to do that. Draft well, sell high, and keep the upper system stocked.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have more faith in Tepesch than Holland.

Holland still has too much of CJ in him to ever be consistent.

Gonna have to disagree with you. Hollabd has been solid. I was right about Harrison and I'm right about holland.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best case scenario for the pitching is that Tep and Grimm keep dealing, Perez comes in and moves Ogando back to the pen, Lewis comes back which pushes Tep or Grimm to a 6th starter roll but keeps getting extended innings in relief if need be.

Then in the offseason we have Tep or Grimm sitting there young and cheap and expendable and we can dangle him as trade bait. Tampa keeps refilling their young core by selling young pitching. Would love for Texas to also be able to do that. Draft well, sell high, and keep the upper system stocked.

They're not moving ogando to the pen. They're commited to having him in the rotation.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an ocular keratitis joke in here somewhere....

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to disagree with you. Hollabd has been solid. I was right about Harrison and I'm right about holland.

The key word is consistent. As in not very.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh should take lessons...

Still wish Nap Nap was a Ranger...