• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think he joined reigns.

But they haven't told that story yet.

But unlike most people, raw and SD really didn't feel much different under BN.

The Vince created stories still carried the way. And most of those were written out in advance. If anything the biggest change was likely less re-writes.
So quotes from the talent themselves about how much better it was with Trips means nothing to you. You have a lot of talent already planning to go elsewhere if Vince is back. That speaks volumes about how horrible Vince is at this job. He is out of touch and needs to go away permanently. Trips was giving us great stories and had WWE heading back in the right direction, now it will be the same stagnant bullshit it was before Vince left with his big burly muscle men getting all the pushes.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So quotes from the talent themselves about how much better it was with Trips means nothing to you. You have a lot of talent already planning to go elsewhere if Vince is back. That speaks volumes about how horrible Vince is at this job. He is out of touch and needs to go away permanently. Trips was giving us great stories and had WWE heading back in the right direction, now it will be the same stagnant bullshit it was before Vince left with his big burly muscle men getting all the pushes.

we only see what goes on when the cameras roll.

BN is probably better behind the scenes.

But the actual TV product didn't change that much.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we only see what goes on when the cameras roll.

BN is probably better behind the scenes.

But the actual TV product didn't change that much.
I beg to differ.

I think the TV product has been much better since Vince went away. There is actual story telling and not Vince trying to force his Boomer storylines over and over.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what they are doing with Cody/Brock.

Cody is going to be shoved down our throats as a top face and an unstoppable competitor who will be booked to beat Brock Lesnar. He then will probably go through the gauntlet of Solo and The Usos during the King of the Ring event and MITB. Then, at Summerslam, Cody will then face off against Roman again, there will be some sort of stipulation regarding barring people from ringside and that's how Cody is able to topple Reigns for the title, which I'm 85-90% sure that it will only be for 1 of the titles, not both.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I beg to differ.

I think the TV product has been much better since Vince went away. There is actual story telling and not Vince trying to force his Boomer storylines over and over.
The Bloodline/Sami storyline is that of a fucking TV Show. Brilliant storytelling.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows its a short term problem. Lets see how Jon Jones handles his pay when he knows Brock Lesnar was making 12 million.

Here's what they are doing with Cody/Brock.

Cody is going to be shoved down our throats as a top face and an unstoppable competitor who will be booked to beat Brock Lesnar. He then will probably go through the gauntlet of Solo and The Usos during the King of the Ring event and MITB. Then, at Summerslam, Cody will then face off against Roman again, there will be some sort of stipulation regarding barring people from ringside and that's how Cody is able to topple Reigns for the title, which I'm 85-90% sure that it will only be for 1 of the titles, not both.
I dont see this either. They first need to figure out how to seperate the titles on Reigns when he only wrestles 4 times a year, I have been saying for years these "TV titles" need to be TV titles when they give Roman that shiny new belt they designed.

They had an opportunity to have the usos just defend one set of belts and let that go too.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bloodline/Sami storyline is that of a fucking TV Show. Brilliant storytelling.
I agree

I also kind of liked the Elias/Ezekiel storyline...but I don't know whose doing that was...but it was entertaining and gave Elias/Ezekiel a bit of a spotlight.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows its a short term problem. Lets see how Jon Jones handles his pay when he knows Brock Lesnar was making 12 million.

I dont see this either. They first need to figure out how to seperate the titles on Reigns when he only wrestles 4 times a year, I have been saying for years these "TV titles" need to be TV titles when they give Roman that shiny new belt they designed.

They had an opportunity to have the usos just defend one set of belts and let that go too.

Yeah I don’t get defending both belts at once

Option b would’ve been to find a way to “suspend” Roman from raw so he can’t defend the belt and thus strip him

Just something

I’m a

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe they have figured out how to separate the titles. Have Cody only beat him for 1 of them. Problem solved.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don’t get defending both belts at once

Option b would’ve been to find a way to “suspend” Roman from raw so he can’t defend the belt and thus strip him

Just something

I’m a
They had that opportunity to strip him already and let it go thinking they are making history with him holding the belt(s) for 1000 days

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...gotta separate the belts...

same with the tag titles

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...gotta separate the belts...

same with the tag titles
Agreed. The whole 1 guy/team with both belts is really stupid, IMO. Either have 1 belt or have 2 separate titles with 2 separate champs.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The whole 1 guy/team with both belts is really stupid, IMO. Either have 1 belt or have 2 separate titles with 2 separate champs.
I think Sami/KO should drop one set of belts and have a competition for them

the tag scene looks pretty solid right now with plenty of competition

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sami/KO should drop one set of belts and have a competition for them

the tag scene looks pretty solid right now with plenty of competition
I feel like The Street Profits might be the most logical choice to carry one of the belts. They are pretty over right now.

Reactions: ill

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like The Street Profits might be the most logical choice to carry one of the belts. They are pretty over right now.

Who are you turning heel to do it?

Crowd was pretty mid the other night because it was two faces

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you turning heel to do it?

Crowd was pretty mid the other night because it was two faces
Street Profits, 100%. You can't turn Sami and KO heel after their feud with The Bloodline. So, have the Street Profits turn heel, frustrated over not being recognized like they should be, not given the same opportunities that teams like KO/Sami, Drew/Sheamus, Bruan/Ricochet have been recently. They also won the WM Men's Tag team showcase, so they feel like they've earned it while other teams haven't. Also, "We Want The Smoke" can be very easily turned into a very strong heel tagline. This all is depended on not only Montez (no doubt there) pulling the heel character off, but can Angelo do it. IMO, Angelo is the weakest link of the two and if they don't get over as heels, it will probably be Angelo's fault. If they ever break up, Montez will be fine on his own, idk about Angelo though.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Street Profits, 100%. You can't turn Sami and KO heel after their feud with The Bloodline. So, have the Street Profits turn heel, frustrated over not being recognized like they should be, not given the same opportunities that teams like KO/Sami, Drew/Sheamus, Bruan/Ricochet have been recently. They also won the WM Men's Tag team showcase, so they feel like they've earned it while other teams haven't. Also, "We Want The Smoke" can be very easily turned into a very strong heel tagline. This all is depended on not only Montez (no doubt there) pulling the heel character off, but can Angelo do it. IMO, Angelo is the weakest link of the two and if they don't get over as heels, it will probably be Angelo's fault. If they ever break up, Montez will be fine on his own, idk about Angelo though.

I get it.

All 4 of these guys are heel gimmicks imo

But I get your point

Side note: I also hate what they did to Braun there

A guy who’s 250 pounds breaks him (when he has a full head of steam no less) from virtually a dead stop

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I beg to differ.

It's been much better. More specifically its been consistent up and down the card. The 9 months HHH was head of creative, basically everyone that appeared on the show had something to do and with purpose. Under Vince, you typically only got some kind of story out of the main event level and that's it. Even then it could be hit or miss. The rest of the card was just filler, wrestling the same matches over and over again for months on end with no real story. Or stories would start and get dropped for no reason at all.

Reactions: ill

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say you give Reigns his gold world title belt, give the tag titles world belts, then split the rest of the belts on draft day as TV titles, both raw and smackdown, tv champ and tv tag champs. all holders are number one contenders for the world belts. make the tv shows mean something.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say you give Reigns his gold world title belt, give the tag titles world belts, then split the rest of the belts on draft day as TV titles, both raw and smackdown, tv champ and tv tag champs. all holders are number one contenders for the world belts. make the tv shows mean something.
If we are going to separate, legitimately separate, Raw and Smackdown, each brand needs its own titles. TV shows should be about telling the stories and developing not only rivalries but also number 1 contenders matches. I'm not trying to say the decision makers at WWE don't know what they are doing, but I strongly believe the smartest way to separate them would be like this:

Raw:
Universal Championship - Originally announced as the Raw Title, would also change the strap back to Red. Barely defended on TV but definitely on PPVs;
United States Championship - This would act as the secondary title, defended on TV a good amount of the time, but also on PPVs.
Raw Women's Championship - Obvious reasoning, barely defended on TV but definitely on PPVs
Raw Tag Team Championship - Obvious reasoning, defended on TV but mainly on PPVs.

Smackdown:
WWE Championship - Main title, would change the strap to Blue, barely defended on TV but definitely on PPVs.
Intercontinental Championship - This would act as the secondary title, defended on TV a good amount of the time, but also on PPVs.
Smackdown Women's Championship - Obvious reasoning, barely defended on TV but definitely on PPVs
Smackdown Tag Team Championship - Obvious reasoning, defended on TV but mainly on PPVs.

NXT:
NXT Championship - Main title, barely defended on TV but definitely on PPVs.
NXT Women's Championship - Obvious reasoning, defended on TV but mainly on PPVs.
NXT North American Championship - This would act as the secondary title, defended on TV a good amount of the time, but also on PPVs.
NXT Women's Tag Team Championship - Obvious reasoning, defended on TV but mainly on PPVs.

Now, if you want a TV title that is just defended on TV to make the TV shows more watchable, here's my idea for that too:

Raw:
Raw Television Championship - ONLY defended on Raw, no PPVs.

Smackdown:
Smackdown Television Championship - ONLY defended on Smackdown, no PPVs.

NXT:
NXT Television Championship - ONLY defended on NXT, no PPVs. Arguably, you can also replace the North American Championship with this title and I don't think anyone would miss it.

There should be no mixing titles or Raw superstars performing on Smackdown and vice versa, same with NXT. What's the point of the draft if that's the case then? There should either be a draft and keep all the superstars on their respective shows, or no draft and every single superstar performs wherever.