• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been 2 other no contests in HIAC history with the first being Mankind vs Kane in 98 so it's not the first time this has happened.

While I would’ve liked Wyatt to win I was fine with it because it showcased the Fiend character's resilience while showing he broke Seth Rollins emotionally.

Clearly they weren’t ready to put the title on the Fiend yet and you’re right they over thought it but that doesn’t really bother me as long as Wyatt wins the title their next match.

That's if the even want the title on him which is quite possible with how they've squandered hot acts in the past. They've got a ton of clean up to do they way they did this and there's running a real risk of ruining things if they don't.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's if the even want the title on him which is quite possible with how they've squandered hot acts in the past. They've got a ton of clean up to do they way they did this and there's running a real risk of ruining things if they don't.

Yeah I’m not feeling good about them ever putting the title on fiend after that.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say. I liked what they did in the universial tittle match and after.

They had a problem. How can you keep the tittle on Seth without The fiend losing Montium( or possibly gaining some).

They did that.

If fiend faintest momentum, so did Kofi. The fans were about as happy about both.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They had a problem. How can you keep the tittle on Seth without The fiend losing Montium( or possibly gaining some).

They did that.

I find this take odd solely because I was told a wildly mediocre female wrestler had to beat a superior talent at Mania just because she was "over."

Fiend was so over that fans were chanting something as ridiculous as "yowie wowie" and they still wouldn't put the strap on him.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I will give WWE credit for nailing Sasha and Bayley's heel turns and the characters they became...they were also rendered 100% worthless.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They did that.

It wasn't a problem they needed to have... If they had no intention to put the title on Wyatt, don't book the match. Have Wyatt squash some midcarder instead.

Instead, they created a situation with nearly the entire arena booing and chanting bullshit, which is creating buzz in a negative way.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't care less about Tyson Fury, but whatever gets you the most money, WWE. Cain/Lesnar and Fury/Braun doesn't do anything for me as Cain and Tyson will be gone right after the damn event. Yeah, Cain is a part of the roster, but does anyone honestly think he's just gonna have some little mid card feud in a month's time? I highly doubt it.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They did that.

Yeah, well the mob-ocracy thinks you're dumb for having that opinion.

I don't....I agree with you.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They obviously failed at telling that story because 98% of the audience is pissed. It's a stupid story to tell though given the situation of Hell In A Cell. They've spent 20 years saying there's definitive endings to these matches (last year people got pissed for the same reason) and they come up with screwy shit like this. Not only that, there's plenty of stuff that is "taking it too far" but the ref just randomly decides, "nope. that's enough?". The overthought this way too much.

That same 98% will turn on Bray in a hot second.

No doubt in my mind it'll happen.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well the mob-ocracy thinks you're dumb for having that opinion.

I don't....I agree with you.

Fiend didn’t gain momentum.

The better way would’ve been fiend just losing his shit and just up and leaving the ring rather than take out a beaten Rollins, showing the strap wasn’t what he was after. Just inflicting pain.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh please...you're talking about the mob-ocracy here. They have no clue what they want. They wait to see what WWE wants and then takes the opposite position.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point but the fix is easy.

Don't book the Fiend in a HIAC title match unless you're ready to either put the belt on him or for his character to take a loss.

giphy.gif

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find this take odd solely because I was told a wildly mediocre female wrestler had to beat a superior talent at Mania just because she was "over."

Fiend was so over that fans were chanting something as ridiculous as "yowie wowie" and they still wouldn't put the strap on him.

Right this is exactly what I'm talking about.

You're on the Fiend train now, but there's no doubt in my mind you'll turn on him in a hot second when it's the most convenient. Or when the mob-ocracy tells you to.

Example: Becky Lynch. Oh, I'm sure you'll lie and say you were never on the Becky train, but the mob-ocracy was. They dropped her in a hot second because.....well, I still haven't heard a good reason why. They just dropped her.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're on the Fiend train now, but there's no doubt in my mind you'll turn on him in a hot second when it's the most convenient. Or when the mob-ocracy tells you to.

Example: Becky Lynch. Oh, I'm sure you'll lie and say you were never on the Becky train, but the mob-ocracy was. They dropped her in a hot second because.....well, I still haven't heard a good reason why. They just dropped her.

I was never on the Becky train. The real Becky (leprauchaun) isn’t my thing, and the man is a stupid ripped off gimmick. Not one part of it is believable. At least Irish Jig Becky was believable.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you see the way I still wax poetically about Bret and Sting?

My guys are my guys. For the most part.

Just like I always wanted hbk and Becky to die in a fire.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The hardest part about the fiend is going to be keeping him fresh.

That’s what really happens. Becky and Rollins have done the same gimmick for a long time now. You need to keep it fresh in some way.

Look at how many times the undertaker evolved and what kind of stories they kept him in to keep it interesting

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last nights main event was so bad that raw pretended like it never happened and kept the 2 guys in the match off the show.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last nights main event was so bad that raw pretended like it never happened and kept the 2 guys in the match off the show.

For the best.

Even with that result from HIAC, I wasn't watching anyway. You just knew they were totally gonna mail it in since the draft start Friday.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In fairness, with the draft coming up on Friday (and Monday), last night's RAW was always going to be a throwaway show.

So bitching about what they didn't do is ridiculous, IMO.