• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'm a bit confused here. I understand A is supposed to be WCW post Starrcade 97, but what's the deal with the federal judge and trial? I don't remember that.

I remember that WCW could not show the end replay because it was put in front of a judge.

Can't find anything on it however but I do remember Tony saying it once but can't remember the judge name

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're at it, let's not pretend Buff Bagwell joining the NWO wasn't a complete joke. Because it was. In fact I point to that Nitro as the beginning of the end of the credibility of the NWO. You can't deny it, because you know it was, and is, true.

The NWO should've been Hogan, Hall, Nash, Giant, Syxx, DiBiase and Macho. No one else.
I'd trim Giant and Macho as well and agree, but I can't lie, Scott Steiner once he became Big Poppa Pump and joined the NWO is among my favorite characters of all time.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NWO should have been done before it ever split into two factions, it simply became way too big. I remember back during the Monday Night Wars thinking WCW was dumb because it was all NWO and it was simply too big, you didn't know who was with who and who'd turn on who and at the end of the day they were all NWO members, it just became cluttered and confusing.

But watching the NWO and rise and fall of WCW documentaries on the WWE Network make me think, had WCW been smart and not flooded it's product with NWO this and NWO that, and properly ended the group within a decent time frame, there is no doubt WCW would still be around today, or at least made it a lot further.

It was a great concept, but just like everything in the pro wrestling business, too much of a good thin becomes a bad thing real quick. It is an art form to understand when its the right time to end an angle.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NWO should have been done before it ever split into two factions, it simply became way too big. I remember back during the Monday Night Wars thinking WCW was dumb because it was all NWO and it was simply too big, you didn't know who was with who and who'd turn on who and at the end of the day they were all NWO members, it just became cluttered and confusing.

But watching the NWO and rise and fall of WCW documentaries on the WWE Network make me think, had WCW been smart and not flooded it's product with NWO this and NWO that, and properly ended the group within a decent time frame, there is no doubt WCW would still be around today, or at least made it a lot further.

It was a great concept, but just like everything in the pro wrestling business, too much of a good thin becomes a bad thing real quick. It is an art form to understand when its the right time to end an angle.

Just like the undertaker said I’m that interview.

I think wcw tried to do that. But it wasn’t just executed poorly.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the undertaker said I’m that interview.

I think wcw tried to do that. But it wasn’t just executed poorly.

WCW should have realized it was becoming a bad and over kill as soon as they started to lose in the ratings. But by then they had already lost so much control to Hogan and Nash that the outcome was obvious.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WCW should have realized it was becoming a bad and over kill as soon as they started to lose in the ratings. But by then they had already lost so much control to Hogan and Nash that the outcome was obvious.

They didn’t lose the ratings until 98. Almost 2 years of the nwo.

And even then they were close but just kept digging their own grave.

The problem at that point wasn’t the nwo.

It was letting Nash and Arn Anderson do the booking and creative control rights owned by too many characters

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a bummer to trot out some of those big name NXT call ups the way they did. They basically just dumped Ricochet, DIY, and Black out there with little fanfare. If you gonna do that, why not just announce it beforehand so people are watching from the start? I don't think any of us imagined Aleister Black's debut being made by seeing his name on the Tron before HHH announced it because production moved to quickly. What a letdown in that respect.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Raw absolutely sucked last night. Sure, we had some new faces on Raw, but what storylines were told?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there are plenty of injuries right now within the WWE, but the lack of star power and major lack of storylines right now heading into WM has to be a serious concern for Vince.

Oh, and AEW is right around the corner waiting for their debut.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there are plenty of injuries right now within the WWE, but the lack of star power and major lack of storylines right now heading into WM has to be a serious concern for Vince.

Oh, and AEW is right around the corner waiting for their debut.

Frankly he deserves it for burying Braun and Joe after Summerslam 2017.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched WM30 again, and wow was Wyatt so over, and his match with Cena was brilliant, IF ONLY Vince had put Bray Wyatt over it could have catapulted him into stardom by now. Instead, Super Cena couldn't be conquered.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or putting up with your ignorant pro wrestling takes.

Did you hear the crickets your hero Charlotte was getting at EC Sunday? Spectacular!!

It's a terrible gimmick.

Flair needs to be a huge heel.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or putting up with your ignorant pro wrestling takes.

Did you hear the crickets your hero Charlotte was getting at EC Sunday? Spectacular!!

You dissed Sting.

Freaking STING....and you defend a low card talent like Becky.