• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even know what happened on that date? Judging by this post, you don't.

I don’t. I just looked up a review of the nitro you’re referring to and I’m still not sure.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starrcade 97

I don't think so. I see the 97 staracade as the start of the downfall of WCW.

If you want to be a legitimate top dog wrestling organization. YOU NEVER EVER TARNISH YOUR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. I think they did till after super brawl 98 and again from the FPOD on

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. I see the 97 staracade as the start of the downfall of WCW.

If you want to be a legitimate top dog wrestling organization. YOU NEVER EVER TARNISH YOUR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. I think they did till after super brawl 98 and again from the FPOD on

FPOD was not 1996.

I’d say the downfall of the nwo is probably when the split to Wolfpack and Hollywood.

But the downfall started with SC97, when that should’ve been the beginning of their victory over wwf.

It’s funny, without one of 2 events:

1) HHH breaking character In may 96; or
2) the awful end to SC97, it’s possible that wwf runs out of money and goes down (they were on the brink around that time).

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FPOD was not 1996.

I’d say the downfall of the nwo is probably when the split to Wolfpack and Hollywood.

But the downfall started with SC97, when that should’ve been the beginning of their victory over wwf.

It’s funny, without one of 2 events:

1) HHH breaking character In may 96; or
2) the awful end to SC97, it’s possible that wwf runs out of money and goes down (they were on the brink around that time).

Something you touched on Q that I started thinking about. Two companies have controversial title changes

Company A drags this out for 3 months, no real champ, a federal judge and trial.

Company B does it, has the owner on one of their shows and hey this classic line " Bret Hart screwed Bret Hart"

Now I ask you and @DefCONNOne what are you as a viewer most likely to be bored with and which will catch your attention.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something you touched on Q that I started thinking about. Two companies have controversial title changes

Company A drags this out for 3 months, no real champ, a federal judge and trial.

Company B does it, has the owner on one of their shows and hey this classic line " Bret Hart screwed Bret Hart"

Now I ask you and @DefCONNOne what are you as a viewer most likely to be bored with and which will catch your attention.

and some people were dumb enough to believe the man in B...

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t. I just looked up a review of the nitro you’re referring to and I’m still not sure.

That's cuz I fouled up the dates. The Nitro I'm pointing to happened on 11/25/96, and it's the 30 day window to convert all WCW contracts to NWO contracts. When you're adding Buff Bagwell to your ranks, you cease to be a credible "organization".

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cuz I fouled up the dates. The Nitro I'm pointing to happened on 11/25/96, and it's the 30 day window to convert all WCW contracts to NWO contracts. When you're adding Buff Bagwell to your ranks, you cease to be a credible "organization".

But....

But......

Well there's......

Yah your right

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay, I'm a bit confused here. I understand A is supposed to be WCW post Starrcade 97, but what's the deal with the federal judge and trial? I don't remember that.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But....

But......

Well there's......

Yah your right

Marcus Bagwell seems like a weird hill to die on considering he and Riggs were not only top tag team title contenders, but former champs as well.

They used one of the top tag teams to show the divide. I liked the concept of the 30 day window cause it fit the vision of nwo as its own brand.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NWO expanding so much was a huge problem but let's not pretend Buff wasn't over. When he was Steiners stooge he was the favorite among women, and yet, funny as hell.

It was the Desciple (Beefcake) Bryan Adams (Crush), Vincent (Virgil), Scott Norton etc that made the NWO feel bloated and lame. And while I love Henning, he and Rude felt like they were only half in and affiliated with it. Konan and Macho should never have joined, and felt out of place as well.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Bagwell seems like a weird hill to die on considering he and Riggs were not only top tag team title contenders, but former champs as well.

They used one of the top tag teams to show the divide. I liked the concept of the 30 day window cause it fit the vision of nwo as its own brand.

Slow your roll there Cheech. They were champs for 9 days....9. As for the rest of the bolded?
giphy.gif

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NWO expanding so much was a huge problem but let's not pretend Buff wasn't over. When he was Steiners stooge he was the favorite among women, and yet, funny as hell.

It was the Desciple (Beefcake) Bryan Adams (Crush), Vincent (Virgil), Scott Norton etc that made the NWO feel bloated and lame. And while I love Henning, he and Rude felt like they were only half in and affiliated with it. Konan and Macho should never have joined, and felt out of place as well.

While we're at it, let's not pretend Buff Bagwell joining the NWO wasn't a complete joke. Because it was. In fact I point to that Nitro as the beginning of the end of the credibility of the NWO. You can't deny it, because you know it was, and is, true.

The NWO should've been Hogan, Hall, Nash, Giant, Syxx, DiBiase and Macho. No one else.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could’ve said the same thing about the roadie and rockabilly before dx too....

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're at it, let's not pretend Buff Bagwell joining the NWO wasn't a complete joke. Because it was. In fact I point to that Nitro as the beginning of the end of the credibility of the NWO. You can't deny it, because you know it was, and is, true.

The NWO should've been Hogan, Hall, Nash, Giant, Syxx, DiBiase and Macho. No one else.

I would’ve preferred another former WWF guy to the giant. But fair enough.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told, I hated when they joined DX.

That’s fair.

I never liked them.

But everyone besides Michaels broke out after joining dx.

The group brand helps build them up.