• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, Ronda annoys me tremendously, but I can't be the only one that is done with over confident Becky.

I like Becky....but her trying portray herself as a legit badass just isnt believable to me. The Man stuff is kinda stupid to me.

I’m with you guys.

Laughably awful gimmick.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE should be treating Lynch’s illegal entry into the rumble like they did stone colds re entry in the late 90s

That WrestleMania was better off for him not in the main event

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE should be treating Lynch’s illegal entry into the rumble like they did stone colds re entry in the late 90s

That WrestleMania was better off for him not in the main event
That segment with Stephanie was so cringe....Becky just seems forced to me. After seeing her doing all the tea time and pun stuff, which is her real personality, this new trying to be a badass gimmick comes off as trying too hard. You never had to guess if Austin was a badass, you knew that’s who he was in and out of the ring. That’s not true with Becky, she’s not like her current character outside of the ring.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are so wrong its laughable.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That segment with Stephanie was so cringe....Becky just seems forced to me. After seeing her doing all the tea time and pun stuff, which is her real personality, this new trying to be a badass gimmick comes off as trying too hard. You never had to guess if Austin was a badass, you knew that’s who he was in and out of the ring. That’s not true with Becky, she’s not like her current character outside of the ring.

You guys are so wrong its laughable.

No, he’s rigth.

It is forced. That old stuff is her real personality.

It’s gotta have some aura of believability. That’s why I don’t hate Brock like most fans do. Say what you want, you know he’d destroy like 95% of the roster with ease.

Becky is a dorky ginger who would get clobbered by most of the women in wwe. There’s no believability in the character at all. Plus she’s mediocre, at best, in the ring.

They should’ve saved this character for rousey.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This also probably explains why I never bought in to guys like Bryan or mysterio either

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he’s rigth.

It is forced. That old stuff is her real personality.

It’s gotta have some aura of believability. That’s why I don’t hate Brock like most fans do. Say what you want, you know he’d destroy like 95% of the roster with ease.

Becky is a dorky ginger who would get clobbered by most of the women in wwe. There’s no believability in the character at all. Plus she’s mediocre, at best, in the ring.

They should’ve saved this character for rousey.

That's such stupid reasoning. There are plenty of wrestlers whose character is different from their real personalities. There's also kayfabe characters that have changed and its still fine. Y'all brought up Stone Cold, well Stone Cold wasn't "Stone Cold" from day 1. There's a period of time where it was "Why is this midcard Hollywood Blonde dude acting like he's some kind of badass just because he shaved his head?". This works with Becky. On a massive scale. You are dead wrong. It works

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's such stupid reasoning. There are plenty of wrestlers whose character is different from their real personalities. There's also kayfabe characters that have changed and its still fine. Y'all brought up Stone Cold, well Stone Cold wasn't "Stone Cold" from day 1. There's a period of time where it was "Why is this midcard Hollywood Blonde dude acting like he's some kind of badass just because he shaved his head?". This works with Becky. On a massive scale. You are dead wrong. It works

Austin's character you believe would kick down the door and rip into his boss.

I'm fine that other people don't require believability. That's a personal choice.

But it's obvious how forced it is.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin's character you believe would kick down the door and rip into his boss.

I'm fine that other people don't require believability. That's a personal choice.

But it's obvious how forced it is.

What about it does it not make it believable for you? Becky is one of the larger women on the roster. She's incredibly fit and trim as well. She has size and muscle definition. Physically, she has the look. She's not some tiny woman like Kacy Cantarzaro out there or even Alexa Bliss or Sasha Banks. Her acting for the character is on point. Her facial expressions, mannerisms, etc all fit. She has more confidence in her promos to add to the believeability. She stays "in character" in all her social media as well. So what exactly makes her not as believable as Austin or someone else?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick side comment about character believability. Someone mentioned that was a reason they didn't believe in Daniel Bryan. Bryan's initial push, the one that ended with him winning at WM was such an incredibly done storyline and character development. Bryan WAS that character, it worked perfectly. It was the small guy up against all odds, but he was just enough of a good wrestler and had the right amount of heart toward wrestling and being a wrestler that is was believable he could get it done.

Now with the Becky Lynch character. I attended RAW last night and I can tell you what I am reading here is far from what the fans are thinking or more importantly for the WWE, buying. Before I went I was getting confused by how the Diva's seem to slowly be taking up more and more time of WWE programming. Growing up and watching the Diva's were a 5-10 minute segment, usually nothing more than flaunting sex in some way. Granted, I am very glad WWE took that garbage out and gave them wrestling credibility, but I was surprised that the Diva's now have such a large segment each show. I thought maybe it is because they need enough to fill a 3 hour show.

But after attending RAW I realized the genius behind the Diva push. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. First, I saw more grown men wearing The Man t-shirts and Rowdy Rhonda shirts than I saw them wearing any of the men's gear. Really besides a few Bullet Club shirts and old school DX gear, it was mostly Diva shirts being worn. Also mostly Diva shirts being sold. I am still baffled grown men would be sporting this gear, but the real money lied within the new target market, a new audience. Females and girls. Like the WWE going to PG ratings to target young kids, well that may have gotten kids but it was mostly boys. Maybe the WWE saw the money making that was John Cena, that "hey there are women fans and kid girl fans in this market we could tap into" and ka-ching, the Diva division grew and grew. WWE has now captured all ages, and all genders as their target market. Vince McMahon is a genius, I mean pure genius.

So I get why some may not buy into Lynch's character, but just like all of us fans wanted John Cena to turn heel, the WWE sees the money in her character and it is selling big time right now. They don't care if it's believable to the casual middle aged fan, they care about what sells to their larger target market.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick side comment about character believability. Someone mentioned that was a reason they didn't believe in Daniel Bryan. Bryan's initial push, the one that ended with him winning at WM was such an incredibly done storyline and character development. Bryan WAS that character, it worked perfectly. It was the small guy up against all odds, but he was just enough of a good wrestler and had the right amount of heart toward wrestling and being a wrestler that is was believable he could get it done.

Now with the Becky Lynch character. I attended RAW last night and I can tell you what I am reading here is far from what the fans are thinking or more importantly for the WWE, buying. Before I went I was getting confused by how the Diva's seem to slowly be taking up more and more time of WWE programming. Growing up and watching the Diva's were a 5-10 minute segment, usually nothing more than flaunting sex in some way. Granted, I am very glad WWE took that garbage out and gave them wrestling credibility, but I was surprised that the Diva's now have such a large segment each show. I thought maybe it is because they need enough to fill a 3 hour show.

But after attending RAW I realized the genius behind the Diva push. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. First, I saw more grown men wearing The Man t-shirts and Rowdy Rhonda shirts than I saw them wearing any of the men's gear. Really besides a few Bullet Club shirts and old school DX gear, it was mostly Diva shirts being worn. Also mostly Diva shirts being sold. I am still baffled grown men would be sporting this gear, but the real money lied within the new target market, a new audience. Females and girls. Like the WWE going to PG ratings to target young kids, well that may have gotten kids but it was mostly boys. Maybe the WWE saw the money making that was John Cena, that "hey there are women fans and kid girl fans in this market we could tap into" and ka-ching, the Diva division grew and grew. WWE has now captured all ages, and all genders as their target market. Vince McMahon is a genius, I mean pure genius.

So I get why some may not buy into Lynch's character, but just like all of us fans wanted John Cena to turn heel, the WWE sees the money in her character and it is selling big time right now. They don't care if it's believable to the casual middle aged fan, they care about what sells to their larger target market.

I just didn’t believe Bryan would beat heavyweights.

Same thing with Shawn Michaels and we know he fared in real fights anyway....

And I just don’t get people. Cause lynch isn’t believable at all. That segment with Steph was just another example. Terrible all around

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Becky's been 1 of the best things about the WWE in a while. Her rise has been quite awesome.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is like a mix of Daniel Bryan and CM Punk, only women's version. We have seen this storyline more than a dozen times and it always ALWAYS gains super momentum and is a huge fan favorite. It's just another SCSA type angle.

Listening to some things she said last night, I felt were one liners given to CM Punk and Daniel Bryan during their rise, but never used.

All in all, I don't give two craps about the Diva's division or storylines. It's a money making division though and the WWE will continue to push it until it stops drawing.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Becky's been 1 of the best things about the WWE in a while. Her rise has been quite awesome.

I admit I’m far More of a casual fan now than during the attitude era, but how did they ever screw up all the momentum from that EPiC 2017 summer slam match. Jesus that thing was absolutely fantastic.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay.....

I'm interested.

Off topic but the tag match was one of the best matches I have seen in a while

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That tag title match was really good

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly underwhelming promo between Rollins and Heyman.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

WWE really decided to listen to the fans and give them what they wanted.

An fucking Authority storyline.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

It’s hilarious watching the salt come from the internet about the Becky storyline.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

It’s hilarious watching the salt come from the internet about the Becky storyline.

Not surprised.

Authority storyline is as rock solid for wrestling as the heroes journey is for Hollywood movies.