• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And freaking Bischoff had NO PLAN after Starrcade.

I really think he thought he was gonna get Sting/Hogan for 2 more PPV matches.

I know long term he wanted a WCW/NWO brand split at some point. But the way it developed, that was never going to work.
I think he also became too much of a Hogan toadie. Every promising angle that began to develop got squashed in Hogans favor.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you didn't watch the NWO angle from the start then I highly recommend getting the WWE Network (Just do the free month trial) and watch the NWO documentary along with the Rise and Fall of WCW documentary.

I was a WWE/RAW guy and didn't have cable till like 1997ish so I missed the initial part of the NWO Nitro invasion, by the time I was tuning into Nitro it was when the NWO had like 50 guys and I though it was dumb so I stuck with tuning into RAW.

But watching the documentaries, that certainly was amazingly well done angle that was pure brilliant and will never be topped. I wish I would have seen it happen all those years ago. The interesting ending is that the NWO sort of really did what it was created to do, kill WCW. In real life the stable/angle go to be way too big that it ultimately really did destroy the WCW because WCW couldn't top what they had created.

Which lead to the question. Were Hall/Nash/Hogan actually really working for Vince the entire time? Get this, Hall and Nash didn't want to leave WWE. They've said as much. Vince made Hogan who he was. So, did Vince meet with those guys and tell them, "Hey take WCW's money, and destroy it from within and come back to WWE when the destruction is over?"

Yes crazy idea, but it's wrestling and Vince so you never know...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you didn't watch the NWO angle from the start then I highly recommend getting the WWE Network (Just do the free month trial) and watch the NWO documentary along with the Rise and Fall of WCW documentary.

I was a WWE/RAW guy and didn't have cable till like 1997ish so I missed the initial part of the NWO Nitro invasion, by the time I was tuning into Nitro it was when the NWO had like 50 guys and I though it was dumb so I stuck with tuning into RAW.

But watching the documentaries, that certainly was amazingly well done angle that was pure brilliant and will never be topped. I wish I would have seen it happen all those years ago. The interesting ending is that the NWO sort of really did what it was created to do, kill WCW. In real life the stable/angle go to be way too big that it ultimately really did destroy the WCW because WCW couldn't top what they had created.

Which lead to the question. Were Hall/Nash/Hogan actually really working for Vince the entire time? Get this, Hall and Nash didn't want to leave WWE. They've said as much. Vince made Hogan who he was. So, did Vince meet with those guys and tell them, "Hey take WCW's money, and destroy it from within and come back to WWE when the destruction is over?"

Vince couldn't pay those 2 because then HBK would've found out and also demanded a raise. Those guys were sharing all the wreslers salary info, raising vince's costs.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought about getting the network too.

But the way they treated Hogan a few years ago and tried to "erase him", fuck em. That was the insult of all insults.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he also became too much of a Hogan toadie. Every promising angle that began to develop got squashed in Hogans favor.

That was in Hogan’s and Nash’s contracts.

Way too many guys had creative control and no active wrestler should’ve been doing the bookings.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was in Hogan’s and Nash’s contracts.

Way too many guys had creative control and no active wrestler should’ve been doing the bookings.
I know. But it is, imo, one of the major reasons the company declined.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. But that also is what tied Bischoff's hands.
True, but he should have tried harder to work things out to placate Hogan without dulling the company (he succeeded once - convincing Hogan to drop the belt to Goldberg), instead of being a bootlicking toadie.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but he should have tried harder to work things out to placate Hogan without dulling the company (he succeeded once - convincing Hogan to drop the belt to Goldberg), instead of being a bootlicking toadie.

That was a major mistake as well. That needed to be on a ppv.

Also, the problem was the actual matches were just not as good save the guys who ended up staring in wwf later. Mysterio, Guerrero, malenko, jericho

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a major mistake as well. That needed to be on a ppv.

Also, the problem was the actual matches were just not as good save the guys who ended up staring in wwf later. Mysterio, Guerrero, malenko, jericho
I felt WCW had lots of good wrestlers who gave good matches

Jericho
Mysterio
E. Guerrero
C. Guerrero
Malenko
Beniot
Booker T
Raven
Kidman
DDP
Syxx
Buff
Steiner
Glacier
Kanyon

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt WCW had lots of good wrestlers who gave good matches

Jericho
Mysterio
E. Guerrero
C. Guerrero
Malenko
Beniot
Booker T
Raven
Kidman
DDP
Syxx
Buff
Steiner
Glacier
Kanyon

Yes and many of them went to wwf later.

I’m glad someone else here recognizes how freaking awesome Glacier was lol

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW I think putting Hogan vs Goldberg on live tv was genius and I agree with Bischoff's logic that it kept Nitro (being live) as "must see" cuz anything could happen. Did they piss away a hundred million dollar PPV? Yes. But, kept them relevant in the long run.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lends more credibility to the Montreal screw job being a work, actually.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is zero chance Vince was working with Hogan, Hall or Nash during their time with WCW. There was lawsuits that Vince pissed money away with a few times. You don’t piss money away when you are on the verge of having to bankrupt your company. Turner would’ve owned Vince is it was even remotely true of them working together and zero chance Bischoff ever would’ve been fired had he had any information about it which he would have because Hall was a massive addict and Hogan and Nash’s egos would have spilled to him. All of them were welcomed into the WWE because Vince above all else loves making money (according to every documentary pro Vince and anti Vince)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gargano dropped his title last night, good sign that he is headed to the main roster permanently.

If you read the results of the taping for the next grouping of NXT shows, it's not quite certain though.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read the results of the taping for the next grouping of NXT shows, it's not quite certain though.
Right, I guess we could see them put the title on Gargano and Ciampa head to the main roster.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, I guess we could see them put the title on Gargano and Ciampa head to the main roster.

I think it looks like they (along with Black and Ricochet) are gonna pull double duty until the next Shake Up, which is scheduled a couple of weeks after WM. Gargano and Ciampa will probably have some sort of title match at the WM Weekend Takeover and I could see the winner immediately dropping the title the following tapings. Or its also possible this call up was just WWE being impatient and they'll pretend it didn't happen. Both options are on the table, lol

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor.gif

Trade deadline and this.

Nice day off