• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Meltzer is saying Goldberg is on the verge of signing with the WWE and that a deal might already be done.

I know Goldberg's talked in the past about wanting to wrestle another match so his son can see him in the ring.

Maybe it's because I was already well into my teens when Goldberg debuted in WCW but this doesn't hold any nostalgia for me. I also can't think of an obvious opponent. I could see him squashing a young mid carder and that's about it.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldberg wants Lesnar again, Lesnar does not seem interested since he keep saying how it was not a great match the first time. I believe it was Brocks final night before going to UFC though.

Definitely reup for the network if its Lesnar Goldberg at wrestlemania. But Lesnar / Hardy or Lesnar Owens is a waste, only other decent match is Lesnar vs Rock.

I am pretty sure a deal was done when 2K17 came out and they have not felt they needed him yet. IF its a Lesnar type deal for a few matches a year, they have time to use.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is embarrassing. Please tell me it was started by an 11-year-old boy.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The reason I can't see Lesnar/Goldberg at WM is because neither guy losing makes sense. The entire roster has been embarrassed to keep Lesnar as strong as possible and Goldberg doesn't strike me as a Sting type who'd come back to lose on a big stage. I suppose anything is possible if the price is right but paying Goldberg a ton of money to come back once to lose doesn't make a ton of sense to me

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldberg wants Lesnar again, Lesnar does not seem interested since he keep saying how it was not a great match the first time. I believe it was Brocks final night before going to UFC though.

Definitely reup for the network if its Lesnar Goldberg at wrestlemania. But Lesnar / Hardy or Lesnar Owens is a waste, only other decent match is Lesnar vs Rock.

I am pretty sure a deal was done when 2K17 came out and they have not felt they needed him yet. IF its a Lesnar type deal for a few matches a year, they have time to use.
It was Lesnar's last match before he tried out for the NFL. MMA came much later.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I can't see Lesnar/Goldberg at WM is because neither guy losing makes sense. The entire roster has been embarrassed to keep Lesnar as strong as possible and Goldberg doesn't strike me as a Sting type who'd come back to lose on a big stage. I suppose anything is possible if the price is right but paying Goldberg a ton of money to come back once to lose doesn't make a ton of sense to me

Lesnar is the highest paid guy on the roster, and he has lost multiple times, even against Rollins and Reigns. Sting on the other hand was the WCW thorn in the WWF side and pretty much ended up being Walter Payton not being given the chance to score a touchdown in a lopsided super bowl.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My read on it is that wins and losses are irrelevant to Brock. He just wants to make as much money as possible. But the original plan was that Brock beat Undertaker at Mania so he could pass that momentum to Reigns at WM 31. Reigns was rejected by the fans so that plan is temporarily on hold, but I still think they want to keep Lesnar as an unbeatable monster to put over their next face of the company (Reigns or someone else).

JR is saying it's Goldberg/Lesnar at Survivor Series. I am thinking Goldberg is hired by Shane for as part of the storyline from Summer Slam

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How to do a Sasha promo:

Talk about being a little girl watching wrestling.
Mention Trish and Lita.
Put extra emphasis on the words "woman" or "women".
Shed some tears.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Almost makes me miss the pillow-fighting divas.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another subject, why the hell would anyone want a rematch of one of the absolute worst matches in Wrestlemania history: Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar.

Should we post the 2004 natch between these two to remind people how bad they shit all over the fans that night?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another subject, why the hell would anyone want a rematch of one of the absolute worst matches in Wrestlemania history: Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar.

Should we post the 2004 natch between these two to remind people how bad they shit all over the fans that night?

Well considering that the news broke before the event that their WM match would be the last match for both men before leaving the company they both obviously didn't care and the fans knew right at the start which is why they booed both Lesnar and Goldberg and chanted for Austin.

Now given that Goldberg is doing this for his son whose never seen him wrestle and Brock isn't leaving to be a Defensive Lineman in the NFL both guys will actually put in effort.

Things aren't gonna be the same as they were in 2004 where Goldberg stopped caring because he felt WWE misused him and Lesnar is no longer threatening to take his ball and go home.

I'm not expecting a 5 star match but I'd bet the match will be 100x better than their previous one.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering that the news broke before the event that their WM match would be the last match for both men before leaving the company they both obviously didn't care and the fans knew right at the start which is why they booed both Lesnar and Goldberg and chanted for Austin.

Now given that Goldberg is doing this for his son whose never seen him wrestle and Brock isn't leaving to be a Defensive Lineman in the NFL both guys will actually put in effort.

Things aren't gonna be the same as they were in 2004 where Goldberg stopped caring because he felt WWE misused him and Lesnar is no longer threatening to take his ball and go home.

I'm not expecting a 5 star match but I'd bet the match will be 100x better than their previous one.

Same and simple

It's what the fans want. Hell if it leads to a fulltime Comeback for Goldberg. More star power. Hell i have a dream match of power v Power. Goldberg v Cena. Hell even goldberg v reigns

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get the timing. Yeah, Vince needed a kick for Raw last night against playoff baseball and the nfl. But bringing Goldberg back for the rumble, having him win it and then facing Brock at WM is one thing. This timing must mean they want them to wrestle before the end of the year.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get the timing. Yeah, Vince needed a kick for Raw last night against playoff baseball and the nfl. But bringing Goldberg back for the rumble, having him win it and then facing Brock at WM is one thing. This timing must mean they want them to wrestle before the end of the year.
Especially after Goldberg said he needed some time to get ready/train to wrestle a good match. Something doesn't add up here. Either Goldberg saying he's way out of ring shape was a work or WWE is hot shoting this match no matter what shape Goldberg is in or the quality of match it will be. I hope to hell it's the former and not the latter. We've already seen what the later looks like and it wasn't pretty at all.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same and simple

It's what the fans want. Hell if it leads to a fulltime Comeback for Goldberg. More star power. Hell i have a dream match of power v Power. Goldberg v Cena. Hell even goldberg v reigns
What fans? Goldberg wanting a rematch to avenge a match he won makes no sense. Wait, it's the WWE, never mind!!!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Lesnar good enough to carry a match though? From everything I've heard was Goldberg was horrible in ring and needed to carried during matches outside of his spear and jackhammer.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially after Goldberg said he needed some time to get ready/train to wrestle a good match. Something doesn't add up here. Either Goldberg saying he's way out of ring shape was a work or WWE is hot shoting this match no matter what shape Goldberg is in or the quality of match it will be. I hope to hell it's the former and not the latter. We've already seen what the later looks like and it wasn't pretty at all.

I truly believe Goldberg signed before summer slam. Thats when he was in Europe pimping the new 2K17 game, did a video saying he was flying to summer slam. These part timers are contracted for 6 matches a year, so it probably ends at summer slam next year.