• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly believe Goldberg signed before summer slam. Thats when he was in Europe pimping the new 2K17 game, did a video saying he was flying to summer slam. These part timers are contracted for 6 matches a year, so it probably ends at summer slam next year.
I agree. The moment Goldberg signed the deal to be in the video game was the same moment he signed a WWE contact

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The moment Goldberg signed the deal to be in the video game was the same moment he signed a WWE contact

He never signed a WWE contract, he signed a 2k contract. WWE may have had to agree to let him be in the game but they never signed him. Hell he may never sign and just do a 1 time thing.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never signed a WWE contract, he signed a 2k contract. WWE may have had to agree to let him be in the game but they never signed him. Hell he may never sign and just do a 1 time thing.
He would still have to sign a contract even if it is just one match. :burt:

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would still have to sign a contract even if it is just one match. :burt:

No he wouldn't. People don't have to sign contracts for WWE as long as Vince is ok with it. There's been a ton of guys who have been wrestling on NXT, the Crusierweight Classic, and even these past few weeks on Raw(Tony Nese and Drew Gulak) who haven't signed any contracts.

If Goldberg were to come in and wrestle 1 match against Brock and then leave he would not have to sign a contract if WWE was ok with that.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, they have to have some sort of contact, otherwise they wouldn't have to pay the talent.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, they have to have some sort of contact, otherwise they wouldn't have to pay the talent.

You're confusing an actual contract with a per-date agreement. Take the guys who wrestled on Raw on Monday, Tony Nese and Drew Gulak, they have a contract with EVOLVE but WWE can come to them and say "if we want you to work a show we'll call you and pay you ____ much money". They aren't signed to a WWE contract but can work WWE dates because of what's in their official contract.

Same with Kota Ibushi whose wrestling a ton in NXT, he doesn't want to sign a WWE contract because he doesn't want to be tied down but he has no problem working here and there when they ask him too.

Goldberg signed an actual contract with 2k to be in the WWE game but if he wrestles a match and they don't want him to do more they just work out an agreement on pay and that's it. They probably sign legal stuff so no one can back out but it's not a contract.

Goldberg probably hasn't and wont sign an actual contract like the ones Lesnar or Sting signed because he's not interested in being part of the WWE outside of this one time thing.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just playing semantics. Even if they have agreed upon just a few dates, there is still a contract that has to be signed to hold both parties accountable.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but if he wrestles a match and they don't want him to do more they just work out an agreement on pay and that's it. They probably sign legal stuff so no one can back out but it's not a contract.

What you just stated is likely a contract...a contract doesn't need to be a for an entire year (it can be for limited dates, such as 2 Raws and a PPV match, but it's a contract nonetheless). You don't even need specific terms in the contract: by definition, all you need is an offer and consideration (and acceptance of course) for a valid contract.

Not to mention, Goldberg's going to want perks for the dates he works (ie - first class travel, etc), and he'd be foolish not to have that in writing.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I am saying is Big Show, Brock Lesnar, even Cena sign their deal for X amount of dates. That gives WWE one full year to decide when they are needed. Right now ratings are down and Vince wants the push instead of everyone signing up for a free month of WWE Network when Goldberg wrestles. It would be nuts for Vince to just sign a one match deal. He explodes and can walk right back to TNA and save their company. It not only covers vince to use him as he needs him, it covers vince with non compete.

as far as goldberg "needing" first class perks and only orange M&M's in his locker room, I really dont think Goldberg is hurting to cover his own plane ride. Most of the wrestlers live in Florida or Phoenix, I highly doubt Vince is flying them into raw. They are showing up for work.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I am saying is Big Show, Brock Lesnar, even Cena sign their deal for X amount of dates. That gives WWE one full year to decide when they are needed. Right now ratings are down and Vince wants the push instead of everyone signing up for a free month of WWE Network when Goldberg wrestles. It would be nuts for Vince to just sign a one match deal. He explodes and can walk right back to TNA and save their company. It not only covers vince to use him as he needs him, it covers vince with non compete.

as far as goldberg "needing" first class perks and only orange M&M's in his locker room, I really dont think Goldberg is hurting to cover his own plane ride. Most of the wrestlers live in Florida or Phoenix, I highly doubt Vince is flying them into raw. They are showing up for work.
Who are you talking about? none of the guys in your post have ever wrestled for TNA that I can remember. With all the lawsuits flying around last week, it looks like no one can save TNA from bankruptcy.

WWE pays for flights to TV and house shows as well as PPVs and back home. Renting a car or hotel is on the wrestler because they can deduct it from their taxes. One exception to this is WrestleMania because WWE books everyone into the same hotel due to WWE Access and other events that week.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was one of the weaker raws in a while. Just thought they overhyped Goldberg's appearance by a fucking mile.

I'm beginning to like braun. Guy was some tools in the ring and has potential with the "stick"

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DUdes this product sucks balls right now.

Tuned in for the first time in awhile and I seem to always tune in with Big Cass and whoever that little guy is he runs around with is.....They come off as a hot pair because the crowd eats it up, but they are nothing by repeat liners after repeat liners. I :L at it.

I do appreciate how they have Roman Reigns in the lower ranks to try and build him up, thank you WWE for finally figuring it out.

And Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens are awesome. But besides this, the entire thing is just bad.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DUdes this product sucks balls right now.

Tuned in for the first time in awhile and I seem to always tune in with Big Cass and whoever that little guy is he runs around with is.....They come off as a hot pair because the crowd eats it up, but they are nothing by repeat liners after repeat liners. I :L at it.

I do appreciate how they have Roman Reigns in the lower ranks to try and build him up, thank you WWE for finally figuring it out.

And Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens are awesome. But besides this, the entire thing is just bad.
OD there is only 1 word to describe you AND I"M gonna SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU!!!

S A W F T!!!

SAWWWWWW FT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you talking about? none of the guys in your post have ever wrestled for TNA that I can remember. With all the lawsuits flying around last week, it looks like no one can save TNA from bankruptcy.

WWE pays for flights to TV and house shows as well as PPVs and back home. Renting a car or hotel is on the wrestler because they can deduct it from their taxes. One exception to this is WrestleMania because WWE books everyone into the same hotel due to WWE Access and other events that week.

Goldberg started in WCW, which is still the roots that TNA grew from. I am really worried about what Vince is planning to do with Goldberg after Bill said Lesnar was Last.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldberg started in WCW, which is still the roots that TNA grew from. I am really worried about what Vince is planning to do with Goldberg after Bill said Lesnar was Last.
No, TNA didn't grow from WCW's roots cause WWE bought WCW. There were no roots to grow from. Maybe Crocket Promotions since Jeff Jarrett and his father were involved in the birth of TNA but definitely not WCW.

What's to worry about? Goldberg gets one last match and win or lose he's done inside the ring. I suspect HOF either this year or next. Plus maybe a WWE network show or two. Goldberg has said all along ONE last match. WWE has plenty of WCW footage of Goldberg they can put to good use plus video games.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you pull a weed and dont get the root, the weed grows back. Maybe Trump will buy TNA if he loses next month and then there will be something to talk about.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you pull a weed and dont get the root, the weed grows back. Maybe Trump will buy TNA if he loses next month and then there will be something to talk about.
Highly doubt Trump would go against his good buddy Vince.