• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After having some coffee this morning and thinking about it for a minute, it occured to me that the Rock couldn't say what he's doing at WM yet because he's gonna be in Reigns conrner during the WWE title match. The Rock can't say anything about that until after Reigns wins the mainevent at Fastlane.

Lord, I really hope I'm wrong about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bingo....my guess is that Vince is going to say he'll be in HHH's corner during the WM match, and the Rock as a counter says he'll be in Reigns' corner.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job WWE. No one likes Reigns, no one wants Reigns anywhere near the title match, yet WWE can not help put try and push him as the main guy to replace Cena. So what is vince's plan?

-Make Triple H a guy people can hate more to take the belt and to constantly try to put the fans and Reigns in the same category by calling the fans losers just like Reigns, trying to make people feel connected with Reigns.

-The Fans still don't want to accept Reigns. So they put the guy everyone loves, The Rock, to endorse him and put The Rock in Reigns' corner in a match vs Triple H, who will have Vince in his corner.

Why do this? Because you saw it at the Rumble, the fans effing cheered Triple H and boo'd Reigns when they were facing off.

Just accept it Vince, the fans don't want Reigns as their champion.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job WWE. No one likes Reigns, no one wants Reigns anywhere near the title match, yet WWE can not help put try and push him as the main guy to replace Cena. So what is vince's plan?

-Make Triple H a guy people can hate more to take the belt and to constantly try to put the fans and Reigns in the same category by calling the fans losers just like Reigns, trying to make people feel connected with Reigns.

-The Fans still don't want to accept Reigns. So they put the guy everyone loves, The Rock, to endorse him and put The Rock in Reigns' corner in a match vs Triple H, who will have Vince in his corner.

Why do this? Because you saw it at the Rumble, the fans effing cheered Triple H and boo'd Reigns when they were facing off.

Vince thinks he knows what the fans want better than the fans do. He's said so many times on TV and PPVs. So, he'll never accept it and change his plans.

DB being the one exception to this rule but forcing Vince to do something he doesn't want to although almost impossible is still a ton eazier than forcing Vince to do not do something he wants to. I think that makes sense?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince thinks he knows what the fans want better than the fans do. He's said so many times on TV and PPVs. So, he'll never accept it and change his plans.

DB being the one exception to this rule but forcing Vince to do something he doesn't want to although almost impossible is still a ton eazier than forcing Vince to do not do something he wants to. I think that makes sense?
yeah I get you.....I cant wait to see it blow up in his face though. I am sure Reigns will get boo'd shortly after Mania, the only reason he will get cheered that night is because of The Rock...

But if only they actually developed Reigns. Instead of cheaply getting fans to cheer for him by placing the belt on a guy more hated them him, for trying to call both the fans and Reigns losers who will never amount to anything, and by placing a mega face to support him....

Why not actually have Reigns in ring story tell the story and be the reason fans support him? Like they did Punk, Bryan and now AJ Styles.

Seriously AJ Styles is going to be the new Daniel Bryan as far as fanfare goes....I bet whenever Reigns is in his title match an AJ Styles chant will begin.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I get you.....I cant wait to see it blow up in his face though. I am sure Reigns will get boo'd shortly after Mania, the only reason he will get cheered that night is because of The Rock...

But if only they actually developed Reigns. Instead of cheaply getting fans to cheer for him by placing the belt on a guy more hated them him, for trying to call both the fans and Reigns losers who will never amount to anything, and by placing a mega face to support him....

Why not actually have Reigns in ring story tell the story and be the reason fans support him? Like they did Punk, Bryan and now AJ Styles.

Seriously AJ Styles is going to be the new Daniel Bryan as far as fanfare goes....I bet whenever Reigns is in his title match an AJ Styles chant will begin.

AJ and if the WWE doesn't watch it Ambrose. They put him in the mainevent at Fastlane, he just barely lost the Rumble, had a 5 star match against Owens in the oppenning match of the Rumble, and he is already insanely over with fans. That is a receipe for desaster waiting to happen.

I've said this before but WWE creative is horrible at developing anybody. In fact, Reigns is the latest example, they do just the opposite almost all the time it seems. Creative didn't make DB, the fans did by highjacking the storyline and refusing to backdown. WWE had no choice but to change plans or face a riot at WM.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night I was just cycling through most of the main event guys in WWE. Most of the last generation of wrestlers are in their high 30s, low 40s...The likes of Triple H, Cena, Brock, Orton (only 35, but man is he boring and seems 40), Chris Jericho...These guys all probably only have a couple years left to headline the big matches...

Then next crop like Rollings, Ambrose, Owens, Reigns, that first wave from NXT has a lot of potential.

A high profile storyline between Ambrose and Owens for the title would be aweasome.

Or Rollins vs Ambrose for the title.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raw last night did it's best rating since June 2015 and average over 4 million viewers. I guess fans actually do care about HHH more than the internet wrestling community thinks(big shocker there).

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Raw last night did it's best rating since June 2015 and average over 4 million viewers. I guess fans actually do care about HHH more than the internet wrestling community thinks(big shocker there).
Post Rumble, The Return of the Rock, and the debut of AJ Styles were all huge factors in that too. He did cut a hell of a promo though.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh Roman's not the Champ anymore and the ratings went up. That's shocking >_>;

Honestly I'm fine with Triple H as the champ. He's the best established heel on the roster. The problem is Triple H vs Roman is a boring Mania match that no one wants to see and while Brock vs Triple H is a better match it's one we've seen before since Brock's return from UFC.

I was so waiting for Ambrose to grab Reigns at the end of RAW and Dirty Deeds him through the table after Vince announced the Fast Lane match. It would have been awesome to have RAW end right after he did that. Then maybe people would tune into Smackdown for the Highlight Reel interview Roman and Ambrose are suppose to on.

And again someone please tell Roman the Shield ended like 2 years ago now. Why he still comes out in a S.W.A.T. looking outfit to the Shield music is just lazy on the part of creative and does nothing to fit his character.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does it still make sense that Ambrose and Reigns are playing face best friends? Fans go nuts for Ambrose but most the crowd is at best split on Reigns.

Ambrose is perfect for the anti hero role, a "turn" for him at the Rumble would've been perfect as long as he didn't align himself with the authority. If anything it would've led an easy Reigns turn. The creative is already bad but it would've an easy do to turn Reigns heel by necessity. Either that or just flat out have Romance turn the way the Rock did but with his ascension to being a top face turn heel.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about him going heel for a while now, eventually he does and when he returns as a face he will return as Leati Joseph "Joe" Anoaʻi .

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. What would make the most sense is Rock v. HHH IMO. I think they had that idea a while ago. Great set-up for it too.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ and if the WWE doesn't watch it Ambrose. They put him in the mainevent at Fastlane, he just barely lost the Rumble, had a 5 star match against Owens in the oppenning match of the Rumble, and he is already insanely over with fans. That is a receipe for desaster waiting to happen.

I've said this before but WWE creative is horrible at developing anybody. In fact, Reigns is the latest example, they do just the opposite almost all the time it seems. Creative didn't make DB, the fans did by highjacking the storyline and refusing to backdown. WWE had no choice but to change plans or face a riot at WM.

This was why I said I feel Ambrose was the creative loser from the Royal Rumble. He had a kilier match for the IC and killed it in the Rumble. Creatively he is screwed because he has the IC title, he still has to be butt buddies with Reigns and the fans loudly said they want some combination of Styles, Ziggler, Owens and Zayn fighting leaving Ambrose noone to really build a match for WM except Owens but Owens/Zayn should be a WM match.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. What would make the most sense is Rock v. HHH IMO. I think they had that idea a while ago. Great set-up for it too.

And it honestly would have worked if Rock came on RAW and did what he did with the Usos with Roman.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat looking forward to RAW tonight. Mainly because there is nothing really else on TV to watch.

I'll probably tune in to the first 15 minutes, get tired of it, try to remember to tune back in around 10:30 to catch the ending and hook for the next week, but end up falling asleep and missing it.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I am probably the last to get to watch RAW as I am out here on the west coast, but that opening segment.....meh...

Heyman didn't go a great job.

Ambrose could have done better....

Not sure what it is, but the three way match of Lesnar, Reigns and Ambrose does not excite me that much, and that promo did not sell me, and it didn't even set up the rest of the night.

might tune out early and just read what happened.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I am probably the last to get to watch RAW as I am out here on the west coast, but that opening segment.....meh...

Heyman didn't go a great job.

Ambrose could have done better....

Not sure what it is, but the three way match of Lesnar, Reigns and Ambrose does not excite me that much, and that promo did not sell me, and it didn't even set up the rest of the night.

might tune out early and just read what happened.

I thought it was good booking. It helped boost Ambrose standings in the match and make him look like a legit contender to win it. I'm glad they did that segment and never had Reigns come out. It's smart to build up Ambrose so this isn't just seen as a Brock vs Reigns match.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was good booking. It helped boost Ambrose standings in the match and make him look like a legit contender to win it. I'm glad they did that segment and never had Reigns come out. It's smart to build up Ambrose so this isn't just seen as a Brock vs Reigns match.
maybe they realize bringing Reigns out would just ruin the entire segment, or suck the life out of the entire crowd that was somewhat hot.

I'd much prefer this match to be Lesnar vs Ambrose....Funny they have zero heels in this three 3. I get it, since the winner would obviously have to be face to take on heel HHH.

If Reigns wins, I really will be disappointed.

Ambrose would actually be fun, because I think the fans would love to see him as champ and really buy into rooting for him to beat Triple H.

I foresee Lesnar taking on the Wyatts. Wyatts probably cost Brock at FastLane, giving Lesnar an easy out on the loss and he focuses his anger on the Wyatts.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It sounds like an effort in futility. No matter what they do, does anyone really take Ambrose seriously in that match? HHH v Ambrose would make almost zero sense at this point for WM.

My prediction: Ambrose is the one that gets pinned. Lesnar probably lays him out and is about to get the win when something wacky happens and Reigns slips in for the three-count. The wacky thing is probably Bray Wyatt & Co foiling him and setting up a boring Lesnar v. Wyatt match for WM.