• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and while yah- defense is important- how many GREAT defenders were on the Spurs? Leonard?
HUH????

Duncan finished #4 in defensive rating in the entire league..
Boris Diaw is a superior defender. He might be the most versatile on the team.
Ginobili is a good defender still. He was an elite defender at a young age slowed to merely good now.
Green and Splitter are fairly decent defenders. Nothing spectacular but still decent.

Bellinelli is alright. He is certainly better than Gary Neal whom he replaced.
Parker is average but certainly not a liability.

Patty Mills and Matt Bonner do sucks at defense. They are the only real liabilities on the team.

The SPURS finished #6 in team defense and #3 in team defensive rating last season.
The crazy passing drills we watched in the final overshadowed a great defensive team as well.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,083.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 hours shopping and almost $375 spent.

Fuck. I need a beer, maybe several.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUH????

Duncan finished #4 in defensive rating in the entire league..
Boris Diaw is a superior defender. He might be the most versatile on the team.
Ginobili is a good defender still. He was an elite defender at a young age slowed to merely good now.
Green and Splitter are fairly decent defenders. Nothing spectacular but still decent.

Bellinelli is alright. He is certainly better than Gary Neal whom he replaced.
Parker is average but certainly not a liability.

Patty Mills and Matt Bonner do sucks at defense. They are the only real liabilities on the team.

The SPURS finished #6 in team defense and #3 in team defensive rating last season.
The crazy passing drills we watched in the final overshadowed a great defensive team as well.

Lmaoo this! Also you're forgetting Danny green who is arguably your best defender

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,083.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26 points, 12.5 boards and 4.5 assists is pretty good.....

the boards is definitely impressive considering playing with Pekovic who had 9 rebounds a game. ---all though- Ricky Rubio definitely creates a lot of offensive rebounding opportunities, LOL

if you could build a player to play with James you would ideally what a big- who can stretch the floor and hit a 3 to clear out the middle, he would be a great rebounder - (LEBron led the Heat in rebounding with like 7.5 per game last year- think that happens on the Cavs this year with Love, Tristan, Varejao?)---and a guy that throws great passes- specifically a guy that throws great outlet passes that start a fastbreak-

i mean, you could not build a better player then Love to play with LeBron- pick a guy in the league and he is probably it unless it would be like Durant or something

You weren't saying that last season, that's the part that's funny. But, now the Cavs want him he's suddenly a top 10 player in your book.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey horns who did you quote by the way? That's incredibly stupid
WHoever said that

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Got a Kevin love update.

The Cleveland – Twolves trade has been agreed to in principle by both parties. Wiggins/Bennett for Love as the keys. So the rumor mill should be pretty quiet. There is always the chance that someone does something completely foolish and makes a “Godfather” offer that the Twolves can’t refuse. But my friend says the odds on that are less that 0.1% Nearly every team with reasonable offers have already been talked to multiple times.

There was some internal debate on the Chicago inquiry. But contrary to several reports, Mirotic has not been in the discussions. That cooled the Twolves’ interests. If Mirotic ever came into discussions it could change the Twolves interest level. But it’s getting pretty late for that.

Internally, with the Cleveland deal, there is some optimism that the Twolves could restructure the roster in a way to be competitive for the last playoff spot in 2014-15. I am not sure I buy that – but maybe they could. That optimism is a big deal – ticket sales/renewals are WAY behind (certainly the Love uncertainty plays a huge role in that) and the Twolves need to sell something more than a re-re-rebuild. Plus a marketing plan around the #1 draft pick is very enticing. This is the really the root cause of the “rebuild without bottoming out” strategy – the Twolves really need to hang on to current sponsors and ticket buyers. Hope for the future doesn’t cut it anymore for the business side.(By the way, expect Wiggins to have a couple of nice local endorsement deals with Fortune 500 type companies once he officially becomes a Twolve. Some nice work by the staff on exploring those.)

Both the Twolves and Cleveland have needs they would like to address by bring in a 3rd team to the trade. They want a 2 guard with excellent 3 point range who can play 20 min a game.

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW.
My favorite part is how he claims they are too busy to possibly have a conversation with each other.

What really sucks for him is that Love plays in Minnesota vs somewhere at least desirable to live.

Chances are that in 5-6 years he will be doing exactly what Love is now.

What's more funny is that they think they can compete with no love and trading for 2 unknown rookies. If you see my post above

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's more funny is that they think they can compete with no love and trading for 2 unknown rookies. If you see my post above

No way they really believe that.

They are in a no win situation.

What are they going to say?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess thats why they play the games. We shall see. I think the Cavs have the talent to have a very solid team defense- and be maybe the best rebounding team in the league- which is huge in preventing 2nd chance shots.

Think of how good the rebounding on the Cavs will be- James LED the Heat in rebounding last year. Varejao is an elite rebounder. Thompson nearly averaged 10 a game- and Love IS the best rebounder in basketball.

and as much as i love San Antonio- there is a reason why they won their first title since '07- EVERYTHING went right for them last year. The chances that Duncan/Ginoboli/Parker are all 100% healthy when the Finals come around after they have to go through the absolute gauntlet of the West?-

I dunno- I am just looking at this Cavs team- with a bunch of young and highly motivated guys and think it should work out just fine-

but as i said above- thats why they play the games-----plus- there is sooo much time between now and the February trade deadline to tweak this roster- or add a Ray Allen or a vet that becomes available on a buy out

This is how the NBA is. No team is going to maintain dominance consistently anymore, the CBA will always prevent that. 2007 is not that long ago. During the time since their last title, you had the Boston Celtics big 3 win in 2008, then Kobe's Lakers win back-to-back in 2009-2010. The Mavs were another perfect storm that came together in 2011 and then you had the Heat big 3 win back-to-back in 2012-2013. The Spurs have been the very model of consistency since Duncan has been in a Spurs uniform. They've always won 50+ games and are usually the in the top 2-3 seed in the playoffs every year. Miami fans will even admit that the Spurs could've easily had been the 2013 champs if Manu or Kawhi hit one more free throw.

Luck has nothing to do with it. They struggled a bit in the first round but found their rhythm and never looked back. The Spurs are without a doubt the most deep team in the NBA right now.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing passer is way over-rated?

I cant agree with that- especially when your Kevin Love- he is a GREAT outlet passer- that effect is made even more important since he leads the league in rebounding and has so many opportunities to make a play with that ability!- especially on a team that should be running a lot

and while yah- defense is important- how many GREAT defenders were on the Spurs? Leonard?- what the ancient Duncan is not exactly a spry defender-

LeBron is obviously a great defensive player- Varejao is a very good defensive player, Thompson can play some defense- and the Cavs have what will be an absolutely MONSTER rebounding between Lebron/Thompson/Love/Varejao and that helps a lot- limiting other teams 2nd opportunities.

Just to confirm spurs have more than one defender lol. Also lebron wasn't a "great defender" last year.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to confirm spurs have more than one defender lol. Also lebron wasn't a "great defender" last year.

I can seriously say that watching that series it often looked like the Spurs were playing 6 on 5.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly- leBron is not making calls and proposing trades-

just because Mike Miller signed for 2 million and James Jones took a league min. deal- LeBron is the GM?- cmon-

LeBron has no clue the ins and outs of the incredibly complex salary situation- and the Cavs are not going to gut their team to get Love- but they have been after Love since LAST winter when they made a big offer for him- its not like the cavs only became interested in Love once LeBron signed- but Love has made it clear he would stay in Cleveland long term since LeBron is here- so only now has it become feasible

but if anyone thinks that the Cavs are only after Love because LeBron said so is totally ignoring reality

a4082486-111-gullible%202.gif

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they really are pretty butt-hurt at this point

No, we'll be alright.

PHOTO5904K.jpg

If anything, I'm starting to understand why Lakers fans were so pissed off at us Heat fans for the last four years. Starting to count titles before your roster is even finalized is annoying from any perspective.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mt. Rushmore for the Heat...

Rafer Austin, Joel Anthony, Winston Bennett, Duane Causwell

I'm assuming you're joking. If you aren't, then the Heat's Mt. Rushmore would be

Wade, Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway, and probably Chris Bosh when he retires as he looks like he'll be retiring with the Heat barring being traded down the line which I doubt would happen.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming you're joking. If you aren't, then the Heat's Mt. Rushmore would be

Wade, Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway, and probably Chris Bosh when he retires as he looks like he'll be retiring with the Heat barring being traded down the line which I doubt would happen.

Obviously not going by strictly by talent, but if you are talking faces of the franchise, I think it's hard to leave UD off.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 hours shopping and almost $375 spent.

Fuck. I need a beer, maybe several.

I assume you have a girlfriend. I find myself saying this every couple of months.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously not going by strictly by talent, but if you are talking faces of the franchise, I think it's hard to leave UD off.

Yeah, can't believe I left UD off as well. The man is the franchise leader in rebounds. smh.