• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally different discussion, plus hard core Heat fans publicly said beforehand that we'd prefer he would leave vs having to deal with his opt out/ analysis every summer.

Chances are that if the Cavs don't win in the next 2 years, that the Heat will find their way back to championship level before James does.

Funny that I can't recall Heat fans saying anything negative about LeBron until he decided to go back home. I'm guessing had he stayed in South Beach there wouldn't be a single Heat fan badmouthing him. Also his current 2 year deal from what I have seen was a business decision. Why should he sign a long term contract when in 2 years the value of max deals will be worth more? And don't lump me in w/ the Cavs fans here because I'm a Celtics fan.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its as easy for you to call me naive as it is for me to call you bitter and cynical.

The best they could promise was to try and get Love. It is definitively clear that LeBron committed to the cavs with complete uncertainty about the possibility of playing with Love.

the Cavs offered a monster deal for Love LAST WINTER!!!! they have been after the guy for a long long time- LONG before LeBron was back in the picture---- last year they offered #1 overall, Waiters, Thompson and other picks----

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally different discussion, plus hard core Heat fans publicly said beforehand that we'd prefer he would leave vs having to deal with his opt out/ analysis every summer.

Chances are that if the Cavs don't win in the next 2 years, that the Heat will find their way back to championship level before James does.

yah...when Wade and Bosh are two years older? please....talk about being in denial...especially since you wont bottom out and get a great alent in the lotto-

Kyrie alone will be by far the best player on either team if James gets hit by a bus

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that I can't recall Heat fans saying anything negative about LeBron until he decided to go back home. I'm guessing had he stayed in South Beach there wouldn't be a single Heat fan badmouthing him. Also his current 2 year deal from what I have seen was a business decision. Why should he sign a long term contract when in 2 years the value of max deals will be worth more? And don't lump me in w/ the Cavs fans here because I'm a Celtics fan.

they really are pretty butt-hurt at this point

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its as easy for you to call me naive as it is for me to call you bitter and cynical.

The best they could promise was to try and get Love. It is definitively clear that LeBron committed to the cavs with complete uncertainty about the possibility of playing with Love.

1. I'm not bitter.
2. I am very cynical.

Also, I agree there was no way he was promised Love, but I can next to guarantee you that it was agreed on that the Wiggins package being offered for Love was discussed.
In other words, Gilbert told him that he would part with Wiggins plus whatever in order to get Love IF that was what LeBron wanted.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I'm not bitter.
2. I am very cynical.

Also, I agree there was no way he was promised Love, but I can next to guarantee you that it was agreed on that the Wiggins package being offered for Love was discussed.
In other words, Gilbert told him that he would part with Wiggins plus whatever in order to get Love IF that was what LeBron wanted.

The Cavs have been after Love a long time- there is no way LeBron in his meeting said- "only way i am coming is if you promise to make a really good effort to get Kevin Love" ---

that is just incredibly stupid to even think something like that would happen

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I'm not bitter.
2. I am very cynical.

What you've said here I can agree with.

IMO, there is a huge difference between:
1) Gilbert proposes potential deal and LeBron letting him know he would approve.

and

2) Lebron is running the show and pulling the strings.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you've said here I can agree with.

IMO, there is a huge difference between:
1) Gilbert proposes potential deal and LeBron letting him know he would approve.

and

2) Lebron is running the show and pulling the strings.

the Cavs in the meeting did sell LeBron on their ability to improve the team with their substantail amount of assets that include their extra first rounders- the Haywood expiring contract- all the good young players-

but there was NEVER something where the Cavs would promise getting a certain player in order to get Lebron to sign- thats insane-

no one can make those type of promises because no one knows what will happen- what if minne traded Rubio and a couple picks for agreat player and Love all of a sudden wanted to stay- or Minne decides to go into the season and has a great year- Rubio learns how to shoot a 3 and they have a year like Portland had last year and like Alridge decides he will stay- or maybe Wiggins hurts himself in summer league- No one can tell the future

the Cavs sold LeBron on their various assets and having a good GM- not any specific player

and as i have said MULTIPLE times- the Cavs had interest in love LOOOOOOOOOONG before Lebron was back in the picture

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah...when Wade and Bosh are two years older? please....talk about being in denial...especially since you wont bottom out and get a great alent in the lotto-

Kyrie alone will be by far the best player on either team if James gets hit by a bus

Wade if off the books. So is everyone on the roster except Bosh.

If Bosh is healthy, his game will allow him to still be very productive.

Bigger salary cap will also be in play.

I'll take my chances any day of the week with Riley in that situation.

I'm not talking winning championships every year.
That mindset is beyond unrealistic.

My point was that the Cavs will likely have 3 max players under contract.
IF it's not working, there isn't much they'll be able to do about it.

As far as Kyrie, you're much higher on him then I have ever been, which is fine.
So far I'll go with he's not been able to make the playoffs in a bad EC.

Yes, James will make him better, but he makes everyone better.

The Heat won 2 championships with a starting PG making 4M.

Again call me cynical, but why is Kyrie worthy of a max contract?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally I think they win 61 - and that is no small function of how mediocre the East is- and the fact that Cleveland will win at least 35 of their 41 home games.

The heat big 3 was better on paper but they still didn't crack 60 wins. Id say cavs win 57-58

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade if off the books. So is everyone on the roster except Bosh.

If Bosh is healthy, his game will allow him to still be very productive.

Bigger salary cap will also be in play.

I'll take my chances any day of the week with Riley in that situation.

I'm not talking winning championships every year.
That mindset is beyond unrealistic.

My point was that the Cavs will likely have 3 max players under contract.
IF it's not working, there isn't much they'll be able to do about it.

2 years from now Kyrie will be 24- Love 27 and LeBron 31- hardly passed their primes- and they could unload any of those guys in a blink of an eye if they really needed too

and bosh 2 years from now will probably be terrified of contact even more than he is now---- all though- seeing how bosh does this year is a huge point of interest for everybody- i cant wait to see personally if he can get back to actually playing downlow and rebounding like a big man instead of a perimeter player

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Bosh averaged less than 7 rebounds a game....thats criminal- last year as well....he did not get to the 7 rebound point the previous year either.....all of a sudden getting older - he is going to get back to fighting downlow, posting up, drawing fouls and rebounding big time?

i will believe it when i see it

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs in the meeting did sell LeBron on their ability to improve the team with their substantail amount of assets that include their extra first rounders- the Haywood expiring contract- all the good young players-

but there was NEVER something where the Cavs would promise getting a certain player in order to get Lebron to sign- thats insane-

no one can make those type of promises because no one knows what will happen- what if minne traded Rubio and a couple picks for agreat player and Love all of a sudden wanted to stay- or Minne decides to go into the season and has a great year- Rubio learns how to shoot a 3 and they have a year like Portland had last year and like Alridge decides he will stay- or maybe Wiggins hurts himself in summer league- No one can tell the future

the Cavs sold LeBron on their various assets and having a good GM- not any specific player

and as i have said MULTIPLE times- the Cavs had interest in love LOOOOOOOOOONG before Lebron was back in the picture

Which goes back to the original question.

Why gut the core youth of your team instead of waiting 1 year and finding a way to add him to your team?

James had a built in excuse for losing this year when he said he understood the Cavs were young and would need some time.

He totally contradicts himself though, but encouraging trading Wiggins.

We'll never know, but my best guess is that Gilbert would prefer to wait.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Bosh averaged less than 7 rebounds a game....thats criminal- last year as well....he did not get to the 7 rebound point the previous year either.....all of a sudden getting older - he is going to get back to fighting downlow, posting up, drawing fouls and rebounding big time?

i will believe it when i see it

Whoever suggested this?
The Heat have never had money to go after a legit center.
I'm guessing that will become a priority as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years from now Kyrie will be 24- Love 27 and LeBron 31- hardly passed their primes- and they could unload any of those guys in a blink of an eye if they really needed too

and bosh 2 years from now will probably be terrified of contact even more than he is now---- all though- seeing how bosh does this year is a huge point of interest for everybody- i cant wait to see personally if he can get back to actually playing downlow and rebounding like a big man instead of a perimeter player

In 2 years, there is a very realistic chance that Durant joins the Wizards.
If they kept their core together and added him, the entire EC could be in deep shit for a few years.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it safe to say the Heat won't be building a statue of LeBron anytime soon?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs Mt. Rushmore...

Danny Ferry, Kent Benson, Johnny Morton, Derrick Chievous

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So untrue.

1. I've been very critical of some of James' actions while on the Heat.

2. I have never questioned his talent and still don't.

3. I have never questioned his rights/decisions as a FA and still don't.

4. I have always defended his choice of doing The Decision show. Was it the wisest decision? No.
But it hurt nobody other than him.

5. I have always defended the Heats fan celebration party, and understood anything ever said or done there was directed at Heat fans.

The countries reaction to numbers 4&5 truly showed who was butt hurt.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mt. Rushmore for the Heat...

Rafer Austin, Joel Anthony, Winston Bennett, Duane Causwell