• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man they're in for a rude awakening.

Give me 3 proven NBA players over 2 unproven NBA players any day of the week

Wiggins has been the prize. The article didn't say who he's getting traded to. And I just asked my friend last night. Waiting for him to respond. 5 days ago he told me wiggins wasn't officially on table atleast that's what he heard.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Bennett was #1 because the draft class was garbage last year. If he came out this season I don't think he goes in the top 10.

I don't get teams like the Wolves and other teams. After a while you should realize that re-building through the draft/with young players is not working for you and maybe it is time to go a new route like trading/signing proven NBA players

Other than klay, curry,Barnes, green, ezeli warriors went that route with iggy, lee, and bogut.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be he wants his new team to have as many players on it as possible, not a depleted team

Could be, but every scenario I'm seeing is depleting, unless it's just Wiggins/Bennett + garbage.
Then, the Cavs have become better now, but I still don't think it is a current championship roster.

Plus, moving forward they have 3 veteran max contracts.

To me, it just makes so much more sense if I'm the Cavs, to just stay as is this season, and then if Love really wants to come, find a way next summer.

Problem for the Cavs is, that even if they feel that way, it really doesn't matter.
James is making every decision, and in his mind this was predetermined in early July.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,979.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Seems comical. Trying to have lightening strike twice. He is taking the Heat blueprint and bringing it back to Cleveland. Either that or Cleveland's GM believes this is the way to go. In either case, will be very interesting. Perhaps, the Cavs don't even give up Wiggins and the trade is that earlier crazy trade where they just give up Bennett, Waiters and 2 first rounders...who knows. I, for one, will be very interested in seeing if this new Super team will work with two guys who have had not a history of playing in the playoffs or playing on defense of their big 3.

Good luck to the Cavs fans. Personally, as a fan, you have to love the boom or bust mentality.

Wiggins is being included.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than klay, curry,Barnes, green, ezeli warriors went that route with iggy, lee, and bogut.

Exactly you need a good mixture. You can't just expect to build a competitive/championship only through the draft. You need to acquire solid proven NBA players and keep your top draft picks. It is one of the reasons why the Kings & T-Wolves been bad for so long

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,979.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be, but every scenario I'm seeing is depleting, unless it's just Wiggins/Bennett + garbage.
Then, the Cavs have become better now, but I still don't think it is a current championship roster.

Plus, moving forward they have 3 veteran max contracts.

To me, it just makes so much more sense if I'm the Cavs, to just stay as is this season, and then if Love really wants to come, find a way next summer.

Problem for the Cavs is, that even if they feel that way, it really doesn't matter.
James is making every decision, and in his mind this was predetermined in early July.

Love has stated he isn't signing an extension. Like Melo...he wants to be a FA.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,979.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins has been the prize. The article didn't say who he's getting traded to. And I just asked my friend last night. Waiting for him to respond. 5 days ago he told me wiggins wasn't officially on table atleast that's what he heard.

Minny isn't doing that trade without Wiggins.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both guys are 50 years old though.

dude, Dirks Mavs pushed the Spurs to 7 games and the team was just not good--- now add Chandler, Parsons, etc.....

I dunno...I just think Dirk is still a really really really great player and his game is not reliant on his athleticism- its reliant on him being freaking 7 foot and just an amazing shooter....Id roll with Dirk as my teams best player over the vast majority of "superstars" in the league

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins is being included.

yes it sure seems as if Wiggins is being concluded- i am not happy about that---- but in retrospect- the Cavs had a 1.3% chance to even get that pick- and using that pick to add Kevin Love- a top 10 - player in the league that is only 25....and a guy who is basically a better version of Chris Bosh -

like i have said numerous times- I would have liked to see what Wiggins can do and take this team into the season- but I cant complain about getting Kevin Love and adding him to LeBron and Kyrie......and still have Waiters, Varejao, and Tristan Thompson as your 4, 5 ,6 guys- thats pretty damn good

I hope they sign Ray Allen now and get a big somehow....

I do not think everything will fully sink in for me until on the court opening night I see - in Cavs uniforms and on the court- Kyrie, Love and LeBron- just wow- who would have thought?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude, Dirks Mavs pushed the Spurs to 7 games and the team was just not good--- now add Chandler, Parsons, etc.....

I dunno...I just think Dirk is still a really really really great player and his game is not reliant on his athleticism- its reliant on him being freaking 7 foot and just an amazing shooter....Id roll with Dirk as my teams best player over the vast majority of "superstars" in the league

I love dirk

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes it sure seems as if Wiggins is being concluded- i am not happy about that---- but in retrospect- the Cavs had a 1.3% chance to even get that pick- and using that pick to add Kevin Love- a top 10 - player in the league that is only 25....and a guy who is basically a better version of Chris Bosh -

like i have said numerous times- I would have liked to see what Wiggins can do and take this team into the season- but I cant complain about getting Kevin Love and adding him to LeBron and Kyrie......and still have Waiters, Varejao, and Tristan Thompson as your 4, 5 ,6 guys- thats pretty damn good

I hope they sign Ray Allen now and get a big somehow....

I do not think everything will fully sink in for me until on the court opening night I see - in Cavs uniforms and on the court- Kyrie, Love and LeBron- just wow- who would have thought?

The draft thing is rigged lol no way should they get the number 1 pick

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love is probably the #1 player in the league that compliments LeBron's game too.

a big that is an amazing stretcher of the floor, an amazing rebounder, and is an amazing passer- especially throwing those outlet passes that start fast breaks.

its honestly giving me chills thinking about those guys playing together with a point guard that can actually push the ball and has to be respected from the outside

As is evident here- i definitely expect a back-lash against the Cavs from many national fans- while many other national fans get on the bandwagon as 3 of the most marketable and well-liked players in the league are now on the Cavs.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,979.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a top 10 player now because he's being traded to the Cavs? Changing your tune now, Russ?
LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft thing is rigged lol no way should they get the number 1 pick

cmon- why would the league possibly rig the draft for the Cavs? Cleveland is definitely not in the top half of media markets in the league that is for sure-

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,979.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the real, Russ...great offseason, but don't get overly excited...why?

1-They have a bunch of new players that will have to learn to play TOGETHER. Remember, the games aren't played on paper.

2-Good coaching hire who has won a ton, but he'll be a rookie in the NBA. And we just don't know how he'll do. Just being honest.

3-They have 2 players with a history of injuries. If James is healthy & the other 2 are hurt in the playoffs...that's a bad ending to a storybook offseason.

4-Very little depth. That cost the Heat this past offseason.

No reaponse? :lol:

It's a very well thought out and valid post.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a top 10 player now because he's being traded to the Cavs? Changing your tune now, Russ?
LOL.

26 points, 12.5 boards and 4.5 assists is pretty good.....

the boards is definitely impressive considering playing with Pekovic who had 9 rebounds a game. ---all though- Ricky Rubio definitely creates a lot of offensive rebounding opportunities, LOL

if you could build a player to play with James you would ideally what a big- who can stretch the floor and hit a 3 to clear out the middle, he would be a great rebounder - (LEBron led the Heat in rebounding with like 7.5 per game last year- think that happens on the Cavs this year with Love, Tristan, Varejao?)---and a guy that throws great passes- specifically a guy that throws great outlet passes that start a fastbreak-

i mean, you could not build a better player then Love to play with LeBron- pick a guy in the league and he is probably it unless it would be like Durant or something

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
cmon- why would the league possibly rig the draft for the Cavs? Cleveland is definitely not in the top half of media markets in the league that is for sure-
Are you that naive to ask the question? Who currently controls the league? It is Lebron's world and every one else lives in it. Great made for TV writing. The WWE writers could not have written a better script for a wrestling season. Do you not think Lebron's camp opened the door for Cleveland? I am not a conspiracy theorist so just good fortune for the Cavs in my book and perhaps they can take advantage. Now, what could be equally cruel for Cleveland is that Wiggins is the next it player and Love, Irving and Lebron don't gel and Love leaves to go back to California after spending a season in Cleveland.