• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope for the Wolves sake they're getting more than Wiggins and Bennett

Unless there is a 3 rd team, probably not, other than a draft pick and the non guaranteed contracts.

And, if that's the case, I wouldn't do it.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,979.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the Cavs aren't mortgaging their future...you know Russ....those valuable draft picks you're always preaching about (because FA's & trades aren't smart business, remember?)....because Love has said he wants to be a FA.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,979.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the snag, as I see it.

With the Cavs being in possession of at least 3 non-guaranteed contracts, they will have no problem fitting in Love and Barea or Martin.

But, if they try to cram both guys, or 1 along with Brewer, that means Waiters is gone.

If you get Martin, I'd do it.

I know you like the little bowling ball.

But, hear me out....

It's gonna be a problem when it's his turn to be extended.

The guy is as delusional as Eric Bledsoe.

So, I'd love to see the Cavs get a guy like Martin, Afflao would be even better, that would know his role, embrace it, while accepting a reasonable contract.

Love is the last Max they can give out to avoid being hardcapped.

A team like the Cavs will really need the mid-level and bi-annual exceptions to fill out the rest of their roster with 3 max guys.

Ever been to Bludsoes in Compton, Mecca? Great BBQ (according to the GF) and we're going there for lunch.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there is a 3 rd team, probably not, other than a draft pick and the non guaranteed contracts.

And, if that's the case, I wouldn't do it.

Philly is being talked about as the 3rd team with Young going to Minnesota. Waiters to Philly maybe?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is Minnesota's end goal here? To continue sucking for another 5 years?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly is being talked about as the 3rd team with Young going to Minnesota. Waiters to Philly maybe?

Then who else comes to Cavs?

If they give up Bennett, Waiters , and Wiggins and only receive Love as core rotation player, then IMO it becomes a terrible deal for them now and especially moving forward.

They'd be losing the lower pay scale contracts of 3 players to take on a veteran max next year.

How do you build a roster when you have 3 veteran max contracts on it?

James is basically trying to create a younger version of the Heat Big 3 scenario.

As a student of the game, James is certainly diminishing the importance that Wade brought and that their ultimate success was because of defense, not offense.

No way that Cavs roster is top anything defensively, and as Battier pointed out, if you aren't top 10 ( I think),
then history says you aren't winning championships.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There goal has always been to get wiggins or klay one of the 2. Who knows maybe they get that star in the draft too

They're going to suck for another 5 years if they get Wiggins/Bennett

They're better off getting Klay, Barnes, and Lee as they can be competitive this year and make more moves in the offseason to turn into a 50 win team

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
what is Minnesota's end goal here? To continue sucking for another 5 years?
Minnesota is doing right by the league.....actually they are getting way more than I would have thought possible for a guy on his last season. Two consecutive #1 picks overall is outstanding plus a throw in first round pick and a salary dump. Not bad for the T-Wolves. The Cavs are one season of not playing well together with this new roster, GM and coach from a Hershel Walker type of historic bad trade.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're better off getting Klay, Barnes, and Lee as they can be competitive this year and make more moves in the offseason to turn into a 50 win team

They value wiggins over klay. Which trumps all offers

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought the Warriors wouldn't part with Klay, and most important, he can bolt and the end of the season.

If I'm the Warriors, I'm not taking that chance.
As far as the Cavs, regardless of what they think, it's still a gamble.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Warriors wouldn't part with Klay, and most important, he can bolt and the end of the season.

If I'm the Warriors, I'm not taking that chance.
As far as the Cavs, regardless of what they think, it's still a gamble.

Could be he wants his new team to have as many players on it as possible, not a depleted team

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

If they give up Bennett, Waiters , and Wiggins and only receive Love as core rotation player, then IMO it becomes a terrible deal for them now and especially moving forward.

They'd be losing the lower pay scale contracts of 3 players to take on a veteran max next year.

James is basically trying to create a younger version of the Heat Big 3 scenario.

As a student of the game, James is certainly diminishing the importance that Wade brought and that their ultimate success was because of defense, not offense.

No way that Cavs roster is top anything defensively, and as Battier pointed out, if you aren't top 10 ( I think),
I agree. Seems comical. Trying to have lightening strike twice. He is taking the Heat blueprint and bringing it back to Cleveland. Either that or Cleveland's GM believes this is the way to go. In either case, will be very interesting. Perhaps, the Cavs don't even give up Wiggins and the trade is that earlier crazy trade where they just give up Bennett, Waiters and 2 first rounders...who knows. I, for one, will be very interested in seeing if this new Super team will work with two guys who have had not a history of playing in the playoffs or playing on defense of their big 3.

Good luck to the Cavs fans. Personally, as a fan, you have to love the boom or bust mentality.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,979.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the real, Russ...great offseason, but don't get overly excited...why?

1-They have a bunch of new players that will have to learn to play TOGETHER. Remember, the games aren't played on paper.

2-Good coaching hire who has won a ton, but he'll be a rookie in the NBA. And we just don't know how he'll do. Just being honest.

3-They have 2 players with a history of injuries. If James is healthy & the other 2 are hurt in the playoffs...that's a bad ending to a storybook offseason.

4-Very little depth. That cost the Heat this past offseason.

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Minny wants to get rid of players like Barea and Martin.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,979.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, with Irving, Love and Varejao they have 3 injury prone players.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is doing right by the league.....actually they are getting way more than I would have thought possible for a guy on his last season. Two consecutive #1 picks overall is outstanding plus a throw in first round pick and a salary dump. Not bad for the T-Wolves. The Cavs are one season of not playing well together with this new roster, GM and coach from a Hershel Walker type of historic bad trade.

Anthony Bennett was #1 because the draft class was garbage last year. If he came out this season I don't think he goes in the top 10.

I don't get teams like the Wolves and other teams. After a while you should realize that re-building through the draft/with young players is not working for you and maybe it is time to go a new route like trading/signing proven NBA players