• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I won't be around the board much today...I'll be monitoring the potential severe weather outbreak as it pertains to northern Alabama. I also have to get the storm shelter cleaned up and ready for the family if it gets really bad.

All of you Hokies currently living in middle Kentucky, middle Tennessee, and northern Alabama need to make your storm preps now. Good luck to all!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be around the board much today...I'll be monitoring the potential severe weather outbreak as it pertains to northern Alabama. I also have to get the storm shelter cleaned up and ready for the family if it gets really bad.

All of you Hokies currently living in middle Kentucky, middle Tennessee, and northern Alabama need to make your storm preps now. Good luck to all!

Take care of yourself man. I hope nothing too bad gets going your way. Good vibes ->

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or commit now to leaving those godforsaken places for greener pastures.

Sorta kidding.

Hmm, not really.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in Northern Alabama too... Hope it holds off long enough for me to get home from work!

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another reason to laugh at Dinich/Disney

It amazes me what this woman gets away with posting.

Heather Dinich - Feb. 28th 5:00 pm said:
I've gotten several questions from you guys about the status of NC State opponent South Alabama, and how many wins NC State needs this season to become bowl eligible.

Answer: Seven. Promise.

As you can see here from South Alabama's program timeline, 2012 is still a transitional year for South Alabama, which means the Jaguars are still an FCS team. They are not eligible to compete for the Sun Belt Conference championship until 2013, when they are considered full FBS classification.

Because NC State is also playing The Citadel, two FCS teams (yawn), only one counts toward bowl eligibility. It is the same scenario as last year. To avoid any possible confusion with South Alabama's "transition," I double checked with both schools and the ACC office to make sure this was correct, and it is: NC State needs seven wins in 2012 for bowl eligibility.

and then she comes back today with:

Updated: NC State needs 6 wins - ACC Blog - ESPN

Heather Dinich Mar 2nd 10:30 am said:
OK, here's the deal:

NC State needs SIX WINS for bowl eligibility, according to NC State Executive Senior Associate AD Chris Kingston.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HD ain't that bad. Sure, she gets a boner from Jacory Harris, but she is usually pretty fair.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...l-SportsHoopla-bracket-thread-100-winner.html

Posting here for those of you that don't venture to the Water Cooler.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Okay...Round One is over in northern Alabama with more than 4 confirmed tornado reports. Some of the same people who were hit during last year's April 27th outbreak have been hit again this morning.

They're telling us that Round Two this afternoon will be worse...much greater potential for tornadoes. Gee...that sounds wonderful.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got our taste of it yesterday afternoon down here in southern Alabama..... stay safe my friend.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping TAE's lack of posts are due only to power outage. The coverage I've seen looks incredibly bad.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not bad in Huntsville now, but it's supposed to worsen in the next few hours

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, guess i spoke to soon earlier.... warnings going off all around me now too

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well...it was a long day yesterday in north Alabama as it was in several other states, but we were very fortunate. Luckily, although although there were some injuries, no one was killed in this state. But, some of the same homes destroyed to our immediate north last April 27th were destroyed again yesterday. Can't imagine having to go through the trauma of having to rebuild twice in the same year. As she did last year, my wife will be going out today with her local church group to help with the clean-up.

Hope all Hokies in the affected areas made it through safely.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
@ 46,

Seen in another thread you were @ the animal clinic last night, how's the pooch?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ 46,

Seen in another thread you were @ the animal clinic last night, how's the pooch?

Rosie is still there. I can pick her up tonight. She ate a bunch of caffeine and had a really high BP and heart rate. She was all flushed as well. Luke came home with me but was throwing up the charcoal they gave him, all night. He can't keep food down right now, but I will fix him some plain rice this evening.

I got into it with that asshole bashing pits too, if you didn't see. It was not the night that i wanted to hear that. I loved the video, BTW!