• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disney board is saying Russell Wilson 2 whoVa anyone else hearing this? Im not quite up to date on the rules of transferring (especially in conference) or the condition of his release from NCST but even if legal, mark me down as skeptical until i see it from a better source????

How will he get any playing time with philip sims transferring there too.

Lmao!

Someone go post a rumor at Disney about Curtis grant transferring to WHOVA because of the Ohio state scandal. Watch them go nuts.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lmao!

Someone go post a rumor at Disney about Curtis grant transferring to WHOVA because of the Ohio state scandal. Watch them go nuts.

LOL. They were already talking up that rumor earlier in the week on The Sabre.
Glad Marvin Austin went to the Giants, so I can continue to loathe him with a passion. And Greg Little to the Browns.
And by the way, Clemson had what, five, six second-round picks? What an amazing waste of so much talent. Yet they continue to rack in big-time recruits. Mind boggling.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, not at all. I'm a straight up country boy that grew up in Franklin County, VA and currently live in Henry County. My wife is originally from the Philly area though and is a huge Philly sports fan. I never really had any hardcore pro team allegences, just an overall fan, so I basically 'adopted' the Philly teams. Since her uncle works for the Eagles, we get tickets to a game every season and we're actually trying to figure out which game we want to call dibs on.

I will say that the Philly fan experience is pretty crazy. Some of them are just nuts, haha.

Nice, I had some college buddies from good ole Rocky Mount, Boones Mill and that area. Always nice when they brought back some of Franklin County's finest. Great stuff.
And yes, it would be awesome if Tyrod got drafted by the Eagles. I just want to see him go in the 4th round, however, and to a team that will allow him to develop/

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Lmao!

seriously someone go post that uva is getting sims, quinta fundaburk (sp?), and curtis grant (who is being granted a release from ohio st due to the scandal) and that the Wilson rumor may also in fact be true. Then over the weekend we will all say "thats what im hearing also" etc etc.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
LOL. They were already talking up that rumor earlier in the week on The Sabre.
Glad Marvin Austin went to the Giants, so I can continue to loathe him with a passion. And Greg Little to the Browns.
And by the way, Clemson had what, five, six second-round picks? What an amazing waste of so much talent. Yet they continue to rack in big-time recruits. Mind boggling.

would love to be able to recruit like clemson, with our player development we'd have 5-6 1st rounders' annually.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson is q black hole in a football players life. Fantastic in high school, big time on draft day, and decent in the pros....but just nothing in college.

I also love how their best players get demolished by the Hokies. We broke rod garders foot, concussed woody dantzler and spiller and Davis got like 40 total yards against us in 2 years.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously someone go post that uva is getting sims, quinta fundaburk (sp?), and curtis grant (who is being granted a release from ohio st due to the scandal) and that the Wilson rumor may also in fact be true. Then over the weekend we will all say "thats what im hearing also" etc etc.

Don't do them all at once. it will be too obvious. Do it little by little and those idiots at the toothpick will shit themselves and totally buy it.

I don't have a saber account so anyone who does it, PLEASE link it or cut a d paste the responses.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock joins Adibi and Duane Brown with the Texans. Taken in the 4th round.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Dont have a sabre account either but i will get the ball rolling on disney if you guys like?

BTW: any of you guys ever visit any of the other teams free boards or any free boards for that matter? looking for some boards that talk mostly ACC/big east/sec recruiting, letting my rivals expire and gotta find some other boards to lurk.

I know scout and rivals both have free boards for basically every team but those boards are usually tightly monitored by the mods, so not much leaks from there.

Oh and did any of the last group of ESPN invites ever jump over?

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just became a huge Ravens fan!

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Tyrod! With Bulger probably gone, Tyrod has a good chance to make #2.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Starting to really worry about DE about 1/4 of the way through the 7th and he hasnt gone. Been in kipers "top 5 remaining" for quite some time now, so there's still a chance but idk?

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to really worry about DE about 1/4 of the way through the 7th and he hasnt gone. Been in kipers "top 5 remaining" for quite some time now, so there's still a chance but idk?

Darren Evans not getting drafted wouldn't worry me if there wasn't a lockout. With the lockout in place he's stuck in limbo until its solved. Hoping someone picks him in these compensatory picks.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans has insane measurables and is a grounded kid with a wife and 2 kids at home. He is going to crush some egos on the next level.

4.56 40
28 reps

Are you shitting me? This guy is a freak. Now I wish be would have stayed.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe Evans wasn't drafted. That really sucks. I wish him the best and hope somebody gives him an opportunity. I think he could thrive in the right system.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Damn i really cant believe DE didnt get drafted, i honestly didnt think he'd make it out of the 5th. IDK, in my mind i thought DE was prototypical NFL. Hope he gets a free agent opportunity but with the lockout its hard to guess what may or may not happen over the next couple months.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One o the nice things about him NOT being drafted, however, and this goes for a lot of UFAs that would have been late late round guys, is that they can now pick and choose who to sign with and can pick the best possible situation. Go to San Diego where they need a power back.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Opinion ?:

what do you guys think kept DE out of the draft? Imo he had a good/great combine and proved in his (2) "active years" @ VT he could play the game. The only thing i can come up with is durability, i guess one season in a 3 back rotation wasnt enough after the surgery. I hate it, DE is one of my favorite Hokies in recent years, plus he's the type of guy you have to pull for. Hopefully like 46 said, he and his agent do their homework and he lands on his feet somewhere.