• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont see how anyone can pick cam and think he's going to put the work in that it requires to play NFL qb, especially considering that in my humble opinion cam has TONS work to do. <----idk i cant put it into words but basically f__k cam newton.

LOL. Said beautifully hunz. I couldn't think of a better way to say it. Nail meet hammer.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this feeling that Philly will take Tyrod. I hope I am not jixing it but you heard it here first! :vee:

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to lie, if the Eagles take Tyrod I will become a Philadelphia fan (and I hate pro-ball)!!

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the wife and I would love the Eagles to pick up Tyrod. He has similar skill sets to Vick and if/when Vick does get hurt, the offense won't have to change dramatically for the new QB. However, I just wonder if Reid will want another 'small' QB for the West Coast system. Vick's speed allows him to take that extra step or two on his drop backs to find passing lanes, but I just don't see that being desired. Who knows though. After last season, Reid may be changing his offense even more to take advantage of the skill sets Vick/Tyrod have.

I'm not even sure that they'll get rid of Kolb. He and Vick will be making around the same money combined as they did last year, so unless the Eagles are able to get a great deal on Kolb, I actually see them keeping him as Vick's backup for this next season. I would love to see the Eagles trade Kolb for help on the defensive side of the ball either through picks or a veteran free agent. Then pick up Tyrod in a later round to groom him to take over for Vick.

If Tyrod does come to Philly, I'll definitely get the wife's uncle to get us access to the lockerroom. Would love to get a photo op with two of the greatest VT QBs.

Last edited by a moderator:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobra, are you a Philly native?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as i've always hated the eagles...i suppose i would have to turn eagles fan as well if tyrod goes there

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a mock draft a while ago with Ryan Williams going last in the second round to the Packers. While that would be a low pick for him, what a situation to walk into there.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobra, are you a Philly native?

Nope, not at all. I'm a straight up country boy that grew up in Franklin County, VA and currently live in Henry County. My wife is originally from the Philly area though and is a huge Philly sports fan. I never really had any hardcore pro team allegences, just an overall fan, so I basically 'adopted' the Philly teams. Since her uncle works for the Eagles, we get tickets to a game every season and we're actually trying to figure out which game we want to call dibs on.

I will say that the Philly fan experience is pretty crazy. Some of them are just nuts, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sick draft pick for Ru, but DAMN does that cardinals o-line suck haha. i would have almost rather him dropped a bit just so he could be on a better team

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fucking hell yeah Ryan, may you reach your dreams. I truly believe he can match Payton, and exceed him. You are bound for glory sir. Thanks for your time at Tech.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not about the draft or even about VT but does anyone else find the russell wilson/nc state situation weird/interesting?

NC State grants quarterback Russell Wilson release - ESPN

IMO it seems like O'brien basically removed him from the team?

I hadn't heard of that, but my guess is that he is focused on baseball and O'brian isn't interested in keeping him around if his mind isn't focused on football. Besides he seems (at least for pr reasons) excited about Glennon.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
sick draft pick for Ru, but DAMN does that cardinals o-line suck haha. i would have almost rather him dropped a bit just so he could be on a better team

Start posting more buddy so I can rep you, you need 50.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I hadn't heard of that, but my guess is that he is focused on baseball and O'brian isn't interested in keeping him around if his mind isn't focused on football. Besides he seems (at least for pr reasons) excited about Glennon.

Disney board is saying Russell Wilson 2 whoVa anyone else hearing this? Im not quite up to date on the rules of transferring (especially in conference) or the condition of his release from NCST but even if legal, mark me down as skeptical until i see it from a better source????