• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Good heavens. Anybody else see this? Greg Boone is listed on this AFL roster as a 6-3, 289 pound wide receiver. He's at the bottom listed on IR. Check it out.

Milwaukee Mustangs | AFL

Glad to see this! Last i heard Greg was still around Blacksburg, its good to see that he's getting a shot to play and earn some $. Hell with the lockout the Afl may be all we have next year. Would pay good $ for a shot of the look on an afl db's face that has to cover BOOOOOOOOOONE. Hope to see some highlights of him jacking some people up next year.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see this! Last i heard Greg was still around Blacksburg, its good to see that he's getting a shot to play and earn some $. Hell with the lockout the Afl may be all we have next year. Would pay good $ for a shot of the look on an afl db's face that has to cover BOOOOOOOOOONE. Hope to see some highlights of him jacking some people up next year.

Yeah, I have a feeling nobody's going to be trying to jam him at the line of scrimmage. LOL

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chalk this one up in the no sh!t category
From pro football weekly
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/04/11/charac ter-assessments-shape-nfl-success

top character questions

north carolina dt marvin austin — interviewed very poorly at the combine, very selfishly throwing his college under the bus and refusing to take responsibility for any of the wrongdoings that led to his dismissal from the team. has earned a reputation in the nfl scouting community as a "finger-pointing, excuse-making con artist" who does not know what it means to lead. set a poor example and coasted way too much on his natural talent throughout college. set back the unc program by accepting improper gifts and was called "the ringleader" that led to investigations affecting the eligibility of 13 players. has clear first-round talent as one-gap penetrator in a 4-3 defense after showing well at the east-west shrine game and at the combine, and could fit into the back of the first round, but a number of teams have said they would not consider him until the third round, or would not want him at any price because of the way he will affect a locker room.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have the link, but saw a brief in a Minnesota newspaper yesterday that said Miami's Seantrel Henderson is rumored to be tranferring from Da U back home because of family reasons. Couldn't say that I'd miss him considering the way their OL had with our D last year.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you think of adding a thread and making it a sticky that is specifcally just for VT Football Vids? That way when we want to pass some time and look at some hokie vids we can navigate straight to it without having to dig through various threads. etc.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you think of adding a thread and making it a sticky that is specifcally just for VT Football Vids? That way when we want to pass some time and look at some hokie vids we can navigate straight to it without having to dig through various threads. etc.

Consider it donE!!!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wow! Im not sure if any touched down but there has been HEAVY tornadoe activity in the NRV tonight. Dont know how many of you guys are in the area but hope everyone is ok, i've been in my basement for about the last hour and a half.

Since when is southwest VA in TX? Scary stuff guys!!!

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow! Im not sure if any touched down but there has been HEAVY tornadoe activity in the NRV tonight. Dont know how many of you guys are in the area but hope everyone is ok, i've been in my basement for about the last hour and a half.

Looks like it is headed this way!

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One killed in Halifax County last night, seven killed in Glade Spring area (about 30 minutes from Bristol), close to Emory & Henry where I went to school. Indeed a scary night in the NRV.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly hope and pray for everyone down south. This is some horrific stuff.

Tornado demolished a truck stop near Glade Spring. You know it's a bad storm when it picks up tractor trailers and scatters them all around the place.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
anyone think RW goes tonight? We are @ the 18th pick, washington and miami have already made picks and i kinda thought those 2 teams were his best chance to go in the 1st.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe the Panthers picked Cam #1. Stupid, stupid choice. I could be wrong, Lord knows I've been wrong many, many times. But I think he'll go down as a major, major bust. Maybe not Jemarcus Russell level, but I think he'll be a bust.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers fan?

I'm sorry, bud.

Yeah, I pull for them. I mean, I live 10 miles from the N.C. border. Oakland has always been my team, but I also pull for the Panthers. Now you see why I prefer college football? LOL

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be pulling for the Panthers anymore though. No way in hell I can root for Cam Newton.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I just dont see how anyone can pick cam and think he's going to put the work in that it requires to play NFL qb, especially considering that in my humble opinion cam has TONS work to do. <----idk i cant put it into words but basically f__k cam newton.