• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinion ?:

what do you guys think kept DE out of the draft? Imo he had a good/great combine and proved in his (2) "active years" @ VT he could play the game. The only thing i can come up with is durability, i guess one season in a 3 back rotation wasnt enough after the surgery. I hate it, DE is one of my favorite Hokies in recent years, plus he's the type of guy you have to pull for. Hopefully like 46 said, he and his agent do their homework and he lands on his feet somewhere.

He is far to humble and grounded of a man to fit in in most prima donna locker rooms.

Unbelievable!

The fact that this kid did not get drafted blows my fucking mind.

I am also pissed about Herzlich. I would have taken those two guys in like the 3rd and 4th round.

No worries though, they will both play on Sundays for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya poor DE.. i'm also a little pissed that tyrod went to the ravens.. what a shitty place for him to go.. 1 its the ravens.. 2 they have an entrenched young starter.. sucksss

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
peek-a-boo.gif

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Going to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg TN this week. Have to be there to TCB on tues but going to prob stay an extra couple days and explore with wifey and 3yr old. Any of you guys have any "cant miss" stuff around Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg?

BTW i know about the main stream stuff dollywood,ripleys,ober gatlinburg, the chair lift etc, looking for more of the "hole in the wall" type attractions and some good family restraunts.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg TN this week. Have to be there to TCB on tues but going to prob stay an extra couple days and explore with wifey and 3yr old. Any of you guys have any "cant miss" stuff around Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg?

BTW i know about the main stream stuff dollywood,ripleys,ober gatlinburg, the chair lift etc, looking for more of the "hole in the wall" type attractions and some good family restraunts.

If you guys like wine, try the Apple Barn Winery. The wife and I really like their Orchard White and Apple Raspberry.

We also went to the Dixie Stampede. Pretty fun and your 3 year old will probably like it as long as you guys don't have allergies to horses. The food (cornish hen) was very good, but it does get packed and I'm not sure if it's too late to get tickets.

The Aquarium was cool and something else your family will like. I have wanted to go to Wonderworks, but haven't had the chance yet.

We normally rent a cabin for a week down there and stop by the wineries on the way in. Not too expensive compared to other vaction spots and if you eat/drink at 'home', then you can come out of there with money in your pocket. We'll probably make another trip this year (winter).

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
yeah i've been to the aquarium and dixie stampede and those are both in our plans. We've recently began to explore the wines so that is a possible also ( adding apple barn to our gps now). Cabins are cheaper than rooms and all have hot tubs etc, we plan on doing breakfast in the cabin and lunch/dinner out somewhere. Usually just hit one of the small shops on the main drag in g-burg for lunch and do something a little more "up-scale" for dinner, taking the little man this time so i dont want to get to "up-scale". Looking for a nice family (non-chain) steak house.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was anybody else surprised that Andre Smith didn't get drafted? I know he won't be a first string TE, but he easily fits in as a short yard or goal line TE. I'm expecting whoever signs him will be happy to hold on to him for his size and run blocking.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if you guys noticed or not, but on the NFL Network's Draft Coverage, when Ras-I Dowling was picked, they had him as a VT DB. LOL. I'm sure that got under the skin of some WaWhos.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
bin laden killed!!! i feel a little safer as an american.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bin laden killed!!! i feel a little safer as an american.

not me. for every one you kill, 5 more will pop up....glad we got him, but honestly, it wont make a difference

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but now we have had certain technologies in place for a decade so pieces of shit like him that do pop up and replace him will be found quicker. As long as our country keeps the same type of defense budgets in place like we have had - things should be a little more smoothe now. If we get complacent and stop such funding like Obama and the liberals were shooting for, well then yea - be scared.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+1! How good is Flacco? I don't watch pro ball so all I have heard was his name. Also I see that the guy that our D beat the living shit out of in our bowl game in 2005 or so Cantrell is listed as #2 (refer to my 2005 OXVT vid - the hits on him are at the end). Is he any good?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1! How good is Flacco? I don't watch pro ball so all I have heard was his name. Also I see that the guy that our D beat the living shit out of in our bowl game in 2005 or so Cantrell is listed as #2 (refer to my 2005 OXVT vid - the hits on him are at the end). Is he any good?

I dont see Tyrod challenging Flacco for the starting role (not this year anyways)...right now the back up is Mark Bulger...but from all accounts i've heard he will not be there next year...hopefully leaving Tyrod as a comfortable #2...Bulger did not take a single snap for Baltimore last season, so I hope Tyrod at least gets a chance to get and show what he can do

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about that Cantrell kid? I thought I saw him on their roster.