• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that make you say WTF

Last edited by a moderator:

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the MVs outfits(uniforms??) are "traditional" or whatever, but they really look outdated. I love that Stanford has their students where normal clothes, mind you matching, but usually they're in some kind of t-shirt and jeans. They look like actual students, not like they're about to invade Poland.

Just my 2cents on how to add some more fun back into it.

Well the Stanford band is completely student run. If we tried to pull any of the shit they do we'd lose our funding and our director would be fired. Jim Weaver is of the opinion that since athletics funds us he gets to control us. Best example of this is "Stick It In"...

<sarcasm>
Honestly I think this is all part of the VT football conservative conspiracy. CFB is afraid that allowing the band to play more current music, or pumping it into the stadium, might lead to more aggressive play calling.
</sarcasm>

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I'd like to see the band play "The Whisper Song" by the Ying Yang Twins. There's not much the brass section could do but I'm sure you guys could come up with some creative dances for it.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I'd like to see the band play "The Whisper Song" by the Ying Yang Twins. There's not much the brass section could do but I'm sure you guys could come up with some creative dances for it.

I'm more of a "Georgia Dome" fan myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give up the MV's playing new shit if they brought back stick it in, the dance to the suck it cheer, and keep on playing radar love. Those have been my favorite things from the MV's over the past 12 years of going to games.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more of a "Georgia Dome" fan myself.

The dances for those would be incredible. There's already some pretty provocative dances going on in the trombones and tubas. Don't tell Jim Weaver.

I would give up the MV's playing new shit if they brought back stick it in, the dance to the suck it cheer, and keep on playing radar love. Those have been my favorite things from the MV's over the past 12 years of going to games.

And believe me I speak for every band member when I say we'd love to bring those back (we still play radar love though, I'll suggest we play it more @ the UNC game.)

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of you are picking up MW3?

Not to out myself as a nerd... but I'm off Friday so I will be picking up Skyrim at a midnight release. It will either be an awesome night (Tech beats GT) or an awesome night (I play Skyrim until my thumbs bleed).

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for all the U folk

plFCpflhbvvccEf.png