• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was messing around with this uniform on photoshop too. Since he did the basic color switch, i figured i would add some other changes.
-left off the orange collar. Never been a fan of it
-put an orange trim around the numbers. I think it looks fresh
-made the socks maroon. The all dark look would be awesome on a thursday night maroon effect

I don't like the outlined numbers for some reason, but otherwise it's perfect. It's hard for me to believe that nike doesn't have the striped pants designed. Hopefully it's just a matter of time...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Random, way OT, and maybe even kinda weird question:

How come VT never has anyone come to sing the national anthem? Not a big deal or anything but thats something i wish they would do from time to time.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BTW: DW's 6 100 yard game streak is a record under coach Beamer.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BTW do any of you know a good source to re-watch games? Not specifically VT games, just college games in general. I'd really like to find the GT v/s Maryland, uVa, and Miami games.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
espn3.com

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Random, way OT, and maybe even kinda weird question:

How come VT never has anyone come to sing the national anthem? Not a big deal or anything but thats something i wish they would do from time to time.

I think the biggest reason is that we are the only major university to feature two full marching bands. We also have a more formal advancing of the colors, even when the MVs are doing pregame, and I think that the Corps of Cadets probably prefers the traditional march with that.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw on twitter that Collin Carroll was mentioned in the following TMQ article. I'll save you the hassle of looking for it...

Last week the NCAA voted to allow a $2,000 per season athletic stipend, though it's up to the colleges whether they wish to offer same. Collin Carroll, a current college football player and promising future sportswriter, assesses the NCAA decision here.

TMQ says defenses have solidified, slowed early-season NFL offensive explosion - ESPN

Here is Collin's article from the Collegiate Times, worth a read imo.

Snap judgment: People need to realize that players do get paid - CollegiateTimes.com

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest reason is that we are the only major university to feature two full marching bands. We also have a more formal advancing of the colors, even when the MVs are doing pregame, and I think that the Corps of Cadets probably prefers the traditional march with that.

This. I doubt the Corps would want to change their routine to accommodate a singer. There's no reason the MVs couldn't, but we only do pregame once or twice a year.

I'm in the MVs (hence the "we") so I should be able to answer any band related questions, including why we try to cause the team to false start.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not let the MVs wear jeans and VT T-shirts once in awhile; say for the Maroon and Orange effect or something. Those outfits just make you guys look goofy. Also, who chooses the songs? Can we get something more recent?

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not let the MVs wear jeans and VT T-shirts once in awhile; say for the Maroon and Orange effect or something. Those outfits just make you guys look goofy. Also, who chooses the songs? Can we get something more recent?

They probably don't want us on the field marching in street clothes, but I'd love it.

The music hasn't changed much since I've been around. There has been a push from athletics for more current music, at least for the basketball pep band. At basketball games this year you MAY be treated to songs including "Dynamite", "Poker Face", "Keasbey Nights", "Sell Out", and "Viva La Vida."

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably don't want us on the field marching in street clothes, but I'd love it.

The music hasn't changed much since I've been around. There has been a push from athletics for more current music, at least for the basketball pep band. At basketball games this year you MAY be treated to songs including "Dynamite", "Poker Face", "Keasbey Nights", "Sell Out", and "Viva La Vida."

A little better on the music choice, I like "Sell Out". Something with a really good beat would be nice too. Maybe some N.E.R.D. (the beach in me is coming out). Or even Soulja Boy "Crank Dat".

I get the MVs outfits(uniforms??) are "traditional" or whatever, but they really look outdated. I love that Stanford has their students where normal clothes, mind you matching, but usually they're in some kind of t-shirt and jeans. They look like actual students, not like they're about to invade Poland.

Just my 2cents on how to add some more fun back into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank god. The pep band music was getting to be terrible. How many times can you really play 'Come on Feel the Noise'?

I think Lane should play more up to date music too to get the students and fans more into the game. I was watching a Clemson game when they played some Flux Pavilion (dubstep for you old dudes) and the crowd went nuts

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just made my day. And if by "normal" you mean...

perez_goldendoodle1.jpg

.... then I'd say pretty good