• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
orangeeffect.jpg

Full orange Uni's for the Orange Effect Game Vs. UNC?
Opinions?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
^ i know im prob in the minority but i like them. FWIW the orange looks a lot different on TV than it does in person. I actually had a few text on saturday wanting to know why VT was wearing RED. haha.

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ i know im prob in the minority but i like them. FWIW the orange looks a lot different on TV than it does in person. I actually had a few text on saturday wanting to know why VT was wearing RED. haha.

Watching ESPN3 on a computer screen it looked red. I knew it was our orange uniforms, and in the pictures on hokiesports they are clearly orange, but for some reason ESPN's cameras were making them look a lot redder than they were.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A majority of the fans will hate them, but the players like them. Beamer said on TTL that he doesn't care about the uniforms as long as the team likes them and plays well in them. Personally.. as long as they have orange and maroon I'm happy.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like it. I think it would look good to have an all maroon version of that too. I don;t think we currently have a retro uniform like that.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ yes. we need to bring back the all maroons!

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Anyone else find it funny that a jersey style that started out as a throwback gimmick for one game, now has several modifications and variations that never existed before? We now have "throwback" style orange shirts and pants that never existed in that style, orange helmets that never existed period, and maroon and white helmets that did not bare the current VT logo, and in some instances stripes, in that original era.

As far as all orange goes, I can handle it for a game every now and then. I prefer the maroon base with orange as a secondary color, as I think it is a more unique look, and partially just because that's what I'm used to. As long as we never have to see black again.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else find it funny that a jersey style that started out as a throwback gimmick for one game, now has several modifications and variations that never existed before? We now have "throwback" style orange shirts and pants that never existed in that style, orange helmets that never existed period, and maroon and white helmets that did not bare the current VT logo, and in some instances stripes, in that original era.

As far as all orange goes, I can handle it for a game every now and then. I prefer the maroon base with orange as a secondary color, as I think it is a more unique look, and partially just because that's what I'm used to. As long as we never have to see black again.

amen

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Way OT and really just something out of the ordinary i noticed:

Look @ FSU's schedule/results, they have back to back losses both with a score of 35-30 and then back to back wins both with the score of 41-16 <---weird

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
orangeeffect.jpg

Full orange Uni's for the Orange Effect Game Vs. UNC?
Opinions?

If anyone has photoshop - it would be cool to see someone do this in all maroon with orange stripes for the jersey / helmet. Anyone that has photoshop wanna give it a shot?

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and now a fourth! Lester Carlin needs to see this thread.

The last time i remember the hokies wearing all maroon was the BC rain game (maybe because i can't scrub that awful memory from my mind) that may be why we haven't worn them since.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did we not wear all maroon when we beat miami in 09 during the other rain game?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the idea of all orange for orange affect game but I also believe we needed to wear all maroon for maroon affect game. Was sad to see we didn't. I love the all maroon. that being said we dont have maroon pants so wtf is up with that. havent worn them in 2 years now.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If anyone has photoshop - it would be cool to see someone do this in all maroon with orange stripes for the jersey / helmet. Anyone that has photoshop wanna give it a shot?

dont have photoshop but i think this would be the jersey:
resize

Last edited by a moderator: