• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Very sad news for one of our walkons, Josh Trimble...his father, Steve Trimble, the head coach at Bishop O'Connell, has just passed away:

Bishop O'Connell Mourns the Death of a Beloved Coach - Ballston-Virginia Square, VA Patch

Thats awful, i've always said it takes a special kind of person to be a coach. Not many people have the chance to effect the lives of so many young men and woman as high school coaches do. From the sound of things (by a quick google) Trimble was a good one.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Question for anyone who knows....what's the status of Xavier Boyce? If you recall, he and his girlfriend were charged with the felony of "child endangerment" and he was automatically suspended. Has their case been resolved, and if so, what was the outcome?

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for anyone who knows....what's the status of Xavier Boyce? If you recall, he and his girlfriend were charged with the felony of "child endangerment" and he was automatically suspended. Has their case been resolved, and if so, what was the outcome?
I hope he gets kicked off the team. He obviously wasn't ready to have children.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope he gets kicked off the team. He obviously wasn't ready to have children.

Got answers from Daryl Slater on Twitter:

"Charges against Boyce were not dropped in juvenile court. Instead were sent to grand jury. Boyce remains suspended indefinitely from team."
5 minutes ago

"Boyce and his infant daughter's mother were both charged. In juvenile court last Thursday, charges against the mother were dropped."
6 minutes ago

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good morning all...I won't be around much today. I've got to sell a car this morning to put money in the bank to pay the bills. Being unemployed in a bad economy is bad enough, but being unemployed for more than a year at the age of 60 tends to make you question a lot of things.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good morning all...I won't be around much today. I've got to sell a car this morning to put money in the bank to pay the bills. Being unemployed in a bad economy is bad enough, but being unemployed for more than a year at the age of 60 tends to make you question a lot of things.

That sucks man, is it a secondary car?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am sorry to hear that. I hope things start to look up soon :(

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got answers from Daryl Slater on Twitter:

"Charges against Boyce were not dropped in juvenile court. Instead were sent to grand jury. Boyce remains suspended indefinitely from team."
5 minutes ago

"Boyce and his infant daughter's mother were both charged. In juvenile court last Thursday, charges against the mother were dropped."
6 minutes ago

Don't need guys like that around the program. I was glad to see Gibson go as well. With everything going on in collegiate sports these days I hope VT gets a head on player character and compliance.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Damn Tae, i hate to hear that. Like someone said, i hope it was a second car and not your primary.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TAE - consider this board as a form of networking among Hokie brethren as well. Let us know your skill sets, industry/space you typically support (i.e. gov't, financial, etc) and maybe we can help you out or at least bounce ideas around.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm back!

To all of those expressing well wishes - Thanks, much appreciated!

The car sale went much better than I expected. I used CarMax for the very first time and it was an excellent experience...ended up making $4000 more off the car than I expected!

And I made a contact today that may result in a job offer! We'll see how things go over the next couple of weeks.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm back!

The car sale went much better than I expected. I used CarMax for the very first time and it was an excellent experience...ended up making $4000 more off the car than I expected!

And I made a contact today that may result in a job offer! We'll see how things go over the next couple of weeks.

Congrats on both fronts. Best of luck

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm back!

best of luck and i would also like to echo amzetes comment above.

BTW $4K is a pretty good chunk or "extra or unexpected" cash. congrats!

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best of luck and i would also like to echo amzetes comment above.

BTW $4K is a pretty good chunk or "extra or unexpected" cash. congrats!

an extra 4000 is definitely enough for a few days worth of hookers and booze.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great to hear man. Hope everything works out for you.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm back!

Good to hear, and best of luck on both getting a job and getting one that is good for you.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
UVA Labeled "Preppiest" in the Nation
Pearls & polos galore in CharlottesvilleBy Kelvin Robinson | Tuesday, Jul 12, 2011 | Updated 10:15 AM EDTView

At the University of Virginia, some students live by the code "Guys in Ties, Girls in Pearls."

And that unofficial mantra among a part of the student body may be behind the school's new label as "preppiest" in the nation.

The Huffington Post recently put out a list of the eight preppiest schools with UVA at the top. HuffPo referred to the fact that students call the quad "the Lawn" and that many frat and sorority houses are located on "Rugby Road."

But the paper also pointed out that "prep" today isn't what it used to be. "Preppy" used to refer to upper class people who grew up attending boarding schools before graduating to exclusive private universities. But now “prep" is more of an attitude, i.e. wearing polos, boat shoes and playing lacrosse.

According to Princeton Review, students believe UVA definitely has its share of "preppy" people, but they also tout a diverse population.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
UVA Labeled "Preppiest" in the Nation
Pearls & polos galore in CharlottesvilleBy Kelvin Robinson | Tuesday, Jul 12, 2011 | Updated 10:15 AM EDTView

At the University of Virginia, some students live by the code "Guys in Ties, Girls in Pearls."

And that unofficial mantra among a part of the student body may be behind the school's new label as "preppiest" in the nation.

The Huffington Post recently put out a list of the eight preppiest schools with UVA at the top. HuffPo referred to the fact that students call the quad "the Lawn" and that many frat and sorority houses are located on "Rugby Road."

But the paper also pointed out that "prep" today isn't what it used to be. "Preppy" used to refer to upper class people who grew up attending boarding schools before graduating to exclusive private universities. But now “prep" is more of an attitude, i.e. wearing polos, boat shoes and playing lacrosse.

According to Princeton Review, students believe UVA definitely has its share of "preppy" people, but they also tout a diverse population.

The rugby team must be far different then the one we had at the school I attended. The rugby house burned down my junior year, we considered that the surprise of the minute.

Last edited by a moderator:

BdozerVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The rugby team must be far different then the one we had at the school I attended. The rugby house burned down my junior year, we considered that the surprise of the minute.

I remember watching our Rugby team perform its freshman initiation at the D2. One frosh would go get a tray of the cups full of waffle batter...the ones at the dessert area where you can make your own waffles.

All the freshman would stand up and chug their whole cup. One done they would have to place it on their head upside down. If any dripped down their hair/face there was some other punishment that I never got to see.

Rugy != preppy at VT, haha.