• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wonder if there will be some kind of stream of this. It'd be nice to see a sneak peak of the incoming freshmen in August.

you have to love the way the BBall staff has gotten VT involved in stuff like this the past couple of years. They are really doing a tremendous job of getting the VT basketball brand out there!

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kyle Tucker tweeted that Logan Thomas is STILL GROWING and nearing 6 '7", weighin 257!!! wow

BdozerVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I DVR'd the NIKE "the opening" over the past couple of nights. Im about halfway through the second episode and a few things ive noticed so far:

I had convinced myself that Caleb would be better suited on defense but he had a nice over the shoulder grab early on where he simply out ran the DB. <----BTW if he's a 4.7 he just doesnt know how to run on a track because he looked to be a high 4.4 or low 4.5 to me.He looked quicker and shiftier than i had imagined also. BTW: he was teammates with eugene lewis.

I also noticed that Korren Kirven and Sheldon day played on the same 7 on 7 team: They were coached by Ndamukong suh, maybe he gave VT some love? hope those guys had some talks about VT.

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I DVR'd the NIKE "the opening" over the past couple of nights. Im about halfway through the second episode and a few things ive noticed so far:

I had convinced myself that Caleb would be better suited on defense but he had a nice over the shoulder grab early on where he simply out ran the DB. <----BTW if he's a 4.7 he just doesnt know how to run on a track because he looked to be a high 4.4 or low 4.5 to me.He looked quicker and shiftier than i had imagined also. BTW: he was teammates with eugene lewis.

I also noticed that Korren Kirven and Sheldon day played on the same 7 on 7 team: They were coached by Ndamukong suh, maybe he gave VT some love? hope those guys had some talks about VT.

obviously neither Korren Kirven or Day played in the 7 on 7's, i was trying to say that they were on the same team or in the same workout group. BTW Day looked good going against the #1 Center in the country and a TX commit. The announcers called it a win for the TX commit but day drove him off the ball with ease and looked somewhat unblockable. <----really stayed low and used his hands to keep the OL from locking him up.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have noticed that 757 has been strangely absent for the past couple days:behindsofa:. Could it possibly be that he really did make the long trek across the state for our camp:plane:? Is 757 this mystery commit that we've been hearing about? I know the guy is a little small, but he has the mentality of a tiger:mmph:. Little known fact: that wolf hat that you used to see in his avatar, he killed that wolf with his bare hands to protect a young child during a hunting expedition back in '04. <-----Thats the type of guy i want on my team.:wave:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have noticed that 757 has been strangely absent for the past couple days:behindsofa:. Could it possibly be that he really did make the long trek across the state for our camp:plane:? Is 757 this mystery commit that we've been hearing about? I know the guy is a little small, but he has the mentality of a tiger:mmph:. Little known fact: that wolf hat that you used to see in his avatar, he killed that wolf with his bare hands to protect a young child during a hunting expedition back in '04. <-----Thats the type of guy i want on my team.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL!!

Get this...I'm being "punished" by the admin (cough, cough...Will...cough, cough) of the "free" TSL Football Board by no longer being allowed to post! What a hoot!!

Hahahaha!!!

BdozerVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL!!

Get this...I'm being "punished" by the admin (cough, cough...Will...cough, cough) of the "free" TSL Football Board by no longer being allowed to post! What a hoot!!

Hahahaha!!!

What the heck did you do to get kicked off a FREE board??

also...got another VT football video in the works...

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What the heck did you do to get kicked off a FREE board??

also...got another VT football video in the works...

It was a difficult task, but I rose to the challenge!

Actually it was based on old history...he made a comment, and I responded in kind. :fencing:

Good news on the video...I look forward to seeing it when you're done!

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a difficult task, but I rose to the challenge!

Actually it was based on old history...he made a comment, and I responded in kind. :fencing:

Good news on the video...I look forward to seeing it when you're done!

LOL TAE. I think you need a new signature line. Perhaps, doesn't play well with others? Or maybe doesn't post well with others?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL TAE. I think you need a new signature line. Perhaps, doesn't play well with others? Or maybe doesn't post well with others?

It's funny, but I get along well on almost every message board but Those That Shall Not Be Mentioned. I do have a problem with people who flame recruits, parents, players, and coaches, as well as admins who allow it to happen. Unfortunately, that's gotten me into a lot of trouble over the years.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, but I get along well on almost every message board but Those That Shall Not Be Mentioned. I do have a problem with people who flame recruits, parents, players, and coaches, as well as admins who allow it to happen. Unfortunately, that's gotten me into a lot of trouble over the years.

Well props to you sir. From reading your posts, I know you were around at VT in the 70s, so have been around for the thick and thin. Having attended VT games since 1980, you get a much better appreciation of what Beamer has done and meant for the school. I can remember going to games when kids like I was could literally run through and throw footballs in the stands. Heck, one of the first games I remember was losing at home to VMI in temperatures near zero. I think there were like 10,000 fans there that day.
Anyway, I guess what I am saying it is good that some posters on here know some some of the older coaches and players. Heck, I got nothing but crickets when I mentioned Jim Baron and Brandon Semones the other day, and that was just the mid-90s.
If I threw out a few old names like John Rivers, Todd Greenwood (who I know very well, BTW) Chris Kinzer, at least I know someone can appreciate them. LOL. End of rant.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, didn't want it to sound as if I was questioning anybody's fandom on here. I know hunzworth is a long-time Hokie as well. Just more stating it's good to have a couple of old-timers on here like me.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BTW for the disney posters: i popped in over there earlier and got a message about the boards being updated to a more "robust forum". Wonder if all the poster switching to SportsHoopla (not only us few hokies but i hear a lot of folks on the MB are switching or post regularly here also) has anything to do with that. Either way im actually pretty happy that they are updating, the ACC and team boards can be pretty decent during the season. <-----------------sorry for the disney plug. haha