• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The rugby team must be far different then the one we had at the school I attended. The rugby house burned down my junior year, we considered that the surprise of the minute.

I remember some members of the the rugby team describing something they called "quarters relay". They dropped trou, squatted down, put a quarter between their cheeks, waddled to the far end of the relay, and then attempted to drop the quarter in a cup. I don't recall how they got the quarter out of the cup...perhaps I've blocked it forever from my memory!

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stewart Mandel on twitter posted that GT's 2009 ACC title may be in jeopardy. Word is the investigation deals with extra benefits received by Bay Bay Edwards and Morgan Burnett. Will be interesting to see if NCAA gets them on the repeat offender status.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per Mark Bradley of the AJC

I'm told nobody is getting fired, but Georgia Tech people are bracing themselves for a big hit from the NCAA. @MarkBradleyAJC 12 minutes

BdozerVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
GT has a planned response at 4:30pm to the NCAA's announcement at 3:00pm. So GT already knows its fate. NOW LET US KNOW!

This is getting so out of hand.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really off topic...but anyone else notice the similarties between kyle tucker and nick frost (shaun of the dead)

504121.jpg

Nick-Frost.jpg

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I guess Smaul Johnson got "outschemed" by the NCAA. LOL at that douchenozzle.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of off-topic subjects, Bruce Feldman has been suspended indefinitely by ESPN. WTF???

ESPN college football writer Bruce Feldman suspended indefinitely | National Football Post

I'll let you read the article and come to your own conclusions, but Feldman has always answered my questions on Twitter and he doesn't know me from a hole in the wall.

That is such bullshit. Craig James is such a bitch. Feldman was better than ESPN anyway. I loved his stuff. He called it like he saw it.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is such bullshit. Craig James is such a bitch. Feldman was better than ESPN anyway. I loved his stuff. He called it like he saw it.

He has been screwed by ESPN...should have gotten that verbal okay to work on Leach's book in writing.

I hope he gets hired by Yahoo Sports...he would blend in well with that group.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of off-topic subjects, Bruce Feldman has been suspended indefinitely by ESPN. WTF???

ESPN college football writer Bruce Feldman suspended indefinitely | National Football Post

I'll let you read the article and come to your own conclusions, but Feldman has always answered my questions on Twitter and he doesn't know me from a hole in the wall.

Generally I am not big into sport books, etc. but I am definitely picking up this one. Feldman had an "OK" by ESPN to take part on writing this book. Then suddenly he is suspended? WTF - sounds like a RAT by the name of Craig James is sucking off the powers that be at ESPN again in order to get his way. What a little bitch!!!!

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if this has already been posted.
Long article, but worth the read. Texas A&M insider website talking about possibility of more conference expansion. Says SEC would take A&M and Clemson in a minute. Also, near the end, has some interesting stuff about more SEC violations to come to light in a very matter-of-fact manner.

Scout.com: Winds of Change Blowing Again?

He told me that with all the media attention on the Cam Newton situation at Auburn along with the Will Lyles stuff and other things that “there are other allegations that will come out that will implicate 3-4 other SEC schools”, the SEC has shifted its attention to managing the fallout he said will likely come when these allegations hit. So instead of worrying about whether the SEC will take A&M, it appears the issue could be whether the time is right for A&M to take the SEC. So that is another strike against an immediate decision.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Any of you guys heard anything about some former players being in town for the wkend?

Just curios because i was downtown last night for a little while and seen (2) bentleys and a Lambo <------seeing one of the 3 wouldnt be any big deal but those areent the type of cars you see in bburg every day.