• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
yeah im not sure if there is kinkos in bburg or not (ill have to check) but the more i look around, the more i think that is the route i will go. Thanx

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah im not sure if there is kinkos in bburg or not (ill have to check) but the more i look around, the more i think that is the route i will go. Thanx

it used to be down near the lyric i think, somewhere along that road, when i used it

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
ok, ima have to check on that. i was thinking it was over @ university mall for some reason. Yeah after talking to a couple friends i've basically abdonded the idea of using an internet service to do it. Unless i can find a kinko's or a fairly cheap print studio to do it, im prob going to have to come up with another gift.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
ok this is a little off topic but all the talk of USC being stripped from the "04 title got me to thinking about that USC game up in DC, so i pulled out the dvd of that game and the 2004 "team united", here are a few of my thoughts.

- What a terrible terrible call: i dont have to elaborate!!!!

- Man we were kicking the shit outta usc in that game: The box score doesnt really suggest that but go back and watch it, we were hitting them right square in the mouth.

- We are missing a little something on defense. I dont exactly know how to put it into words but we used to play with way more fire and emotion. I love the fact that we publicly speak about hokie respect but i hope/wish we still have that "eat your children" mentality on the field and in practice. I dont know it just seems to me that we arent as "hungry" as we used to be. <------------i said defense but imo this applies to the team as a whole.

- Bryan Randall was way underrated and faster than i remember.

- When i think "utility player" justin hamiltons name will always come to mind.

- We really knew how to use the TE's back then.

- We always seem to kick the hell outta maryland! hahaha

- There is a great part in the 04 vid about our coaches and what they mean to the players <---- every recruit should see this (even though a couple of the coaches have moved on it really explains how VT builds great young men)

- Ha! whoVa was actually ranked 16th when we played in '04

- Hhuuuuuuumes!!!

idk sometimes its cool just to flash back.

edit: watching foster in the locker room after the miami game got me fired up as hell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
XAVIER MOTHERFUCKIN ADIBI!!!!!!

THAT IS WHAT WE ARE MISSING!!!!

vatech.jpg

A playmaking backer who can run with reggie bush and split someones helmet in half. What a freak, and he was a freshman that year!!!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pryor out at ohio state. apparently he may be taking his talents..errr...game...ehhh...He's going to play in the canadian league

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys. FYI, this years Hokie Annual by Chris Colston js out and absolutely fantastic. There is a lot of really good stuff in there. I thought that it was awesome that I found it here in Pittsburgh at both Target and Barnes and Noble. I though I was going to have to ask one of you students to pick it up for me and mail it out here, ha ha.

Anyway, great read, well worthhe $15. Pick it up if you want a good reference.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hey guys. FYI, this years Hokie Annual by Chris Colston js out and absolutely fantastic. There is a lot of really good stuff in there. I thought that it was awesome that I found it here in Pittsburgh at both Target and Barnes and Noble. I though I was going to have to ask one of you students to pick it up for me and mail it out here, ha ha.

Anyway, great read, well worthhe $15. Pick it up if you want a good reference.

Guest Post: Q&A With Chris Colston Part One

this talks about the book/magazine a little.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

vatech.jpg

A playmaking backer who can run with reggie bush and split someones helmet in half. What a freak, and he was a freshman that year!!!

anytime i think about X adibi i think of all the coulda/shoulda/woulda's with Tahrick Peak. BTW, i think we've talked about it before but he and nubian are both @ hampton now:doh: If things wouldve worked out: Nubian would prob be seeing time on KR and receiver this year and would fit right into the mix with davis and coles next year. Tahrick could have taken a year to get his grades up and be coming in now for a chance @ pt. Oh the coulda, woulda, shoulda's.

edit: nubian would have prob been the top candidate to be moved to RB after DE&RW left, RB is his "natural" position and prob has a higher ceiling there than Gregory.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

vatech.jpg

The other thing we are missing is GOOD looking jerseys like the ones we had in this picture!!! Bring back the jerseys from around 2006 please!!!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odom and Lo. Williams are leaving the VT football program, will stay in school to get their degree's per beamerball

Not too unexpected for either. Odom never really got his shit together and Zo was an awesome dude and teammate but had all kinds of freaky messed up injuries. I wish the best for both. Too bad man, too bad. I loved Zo Willimas as a player and an interview. he is one funny dude.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those are good, but i really like the uniforms we wore last year....minus the black ones....

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ones for the 31-7 night game against Miami were the best in my opinion:

How awesome is it to see names like Parham and Anderson and Gore, BTW!!!!

UGH....HOW MUCH LONGER!!!!

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd take the Vick-Kevin Jones era jerseys over any others. I'm also a sucker for the throwback helmets (the \T/ and the <TECH} )

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ones for the 31-7 night game against Miami were the best in my opinion:

How awesome is it to see names like Parham and Anderson and Gore, BTW!!!!

UGH....HOW MUCH LONGER!!!!

I like those too 47. This is crazy but I also liked the ones with the orange sleeves from '05 - people either loved them or hated them. They would be my #1 choice if we just WON that damned game!