• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

MaggieMay

Bewildered
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
vanderrelaxing-3.jpg

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i woulda stopped in, got an autograph and shook some hands at the least. I bet ol' roscoe is starting to show some years?

Yeah, he is 85 now. I'll try to upload a pic later

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 500th SportsHoopla post!!!! I thought this was pretty cool until i looked at 46,757,and poops count, Damn you guys are all at least in the 3-4k range. How long you guys been over here? How long has SportsHoopla been around? <------The reason i ask is because i've been on tons of MB's over the last 5-7 years and had googled "sports message boards" etc at least 1000x's and had never even heard of SportsHoopla until being invited to join in Dec.

Also who was the "founding Hokie" over here?

Glad to see you got the avatar thing figured out. I know I joined about a year ago, but 757 and 46 have been here much longer. I think it is safe to say that 46 is our leader. Glad you are here and glad we've got quite a few Hokies on board now.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awesome dogs hunz. you too maggiemay...its truly a shame pits get such a bad rap....my guy is only part pit...but like you said hunz, i dont know that i could imagine owning another kind.

one day i was out walking mine and actually had a lady stop and chat for a minute, she petted Roscoe, and asked what kind of dog he is, so i told her that he is a black lab/pit mix, according to the spca that i got him from.

she kind of pulls back then she asked me, "oh does he ever show any of the pit bull traits?" obviously thinking he is a baby killer.

so i told her, "oh yeah, he shows the pit bull traits every day! he is loyal, affectionate, obedient, eager to please, good with people, great with kids and very courageous" or something to those lines

she did not look pleased with my answer, but fuck her.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see you got the avatar thing figured out. I know I joined about a year ago, but 757 and 46 have been here much longer. I think it is safe to say that 46 is our leader. Glad you are here and glad we've got quite a few Hokies on board now.

ive only been around a couple months longer than you...april '10...right under the avatar it says your join date...46 recruited me over here

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, how's this for a wedding cake?

248415_10150191714689020_54276929019_6780781_4791585_n.jpg

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your name on TSL? I am assuming thats where you saw this :)

Yeah, I pulled it from there. I rarely ever post there though. My handle there is One Drunk Hokie. LOL

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
awesome dogs hunz. you too maggiemay...its truly a shame pits get such a bad rap....my guy is only part pit...but like you said hunz, i dont know that i could imagine owning another kind.

one day i was out walking mine and actually had a lady stop and chat for a minute, she petted Roscoe, and asked what kind of dog he is, so i told her that he is a black lab/pit mix, according to the spca that i got him from.

she kind of pulls back then she asked me, "oh does he ever show any of the pit bull traits?" obviously thinking he is a baby killer.

so i told her, "oh yeah, he shows the pit bull traits every day! he is loyal, affectionate, obedient, eager to please, good with people, great with kids and very courageous" or something to those lines

she did not look pleased with my answer, but fuck her.

yeah fuck her. You gave her a truthful answer, not your fault she believes everything she sees in the media. Oh and fuck the media too, thats who really makes pits look bad.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

yeah with the avatar thing i had to use flickr to compress them, download to my cpu, and then upload to SportsHoopla from my cpu. Most would have prob figured that out quickly but im dumb as hell when it comes to computers.:smash:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came over with the big hockey immigration of 2010. I came forthe hockey and ended up liking the cooler and stuff even more. I invited 757, cobra and amszete, I think initially because I liked them from Disney and wNted to get some of the good VT people over here where we could really talk and leave some of the riff raft (hokiefour, a couPle others) over there. The place is 10000% better and the rest of you all just sort of found it. I may have invited hunz and someone else? 757, amszete and I have invited others from the ACC board as well. Cj10 came and jeffro for like a day.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at these old Stadium cups when they couldn't even spell out name right.

vpi-fighting-gobblers-picture.jpg

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, world's coolest stool. What I would do to have one of these.

vt-helmet-stool1.jpg

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This place has been nothing but crickets these last few days, I take it I am the only one not on vacation right now and still in my office :)

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am around too - just don't have much VT info or questions I guess. Actually now that I think about it, it would be interesting to see metrics so far as to which recruiters from VT have landed which recruits as well as how they are doing from an overall perspective. For instance how is Shane doing? Is he landing more than Newsome or Stiney?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am around too - just don't have much VT info or questions I guess. Actually now that I think about it, it would be interesting to see metrics so far as to which recruiters from VT have landed which recruits as well as how they are doing from an overall perspective. For instance how is Shane doing? Is he landing more than Newsome or Stiney?
I think Gray might be in the lead for the most recruits but I am not sure, I know he landed Manning and Tookes

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask and you shall receive (according to Rivals)

Curt Newsome: (2.5) Coleman, Greene, Nixon

Shane Beamer: (2) Frye, Willenbrock

Bryan Stinespring: (1.5) Jackson, Nixon

Torrian Gray: (2) Manning, Tookes

Charlie Wiles: (1) McKinnon

Mike O'Cain: (1) Millweard

Kevin Sherman: (1) Riley

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, thanks for sending that. I wonder how many big named recruits are left for each recruiter at VT?

Also I am stirring the pot a little bit on Disney as well with the NCSU chick. Pretty hilarious to see this person get worked up over RW.