• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bout damn time the power comes back on! Jesus christ.

So what did I miss since Thursday?

Mike London got caught Saturday with a 15 year old prostitute nicknamed "Boo Boo Kitty Fuck," a case of "lil mini" condoms, and a banana hammock with the words "ruff ryder" across the back of it. Very sad situation.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NCAA grants Rodriguez waiver to play in 2012 - Clemson Football News - TigerNet.com

Dude is still eating sour grapes because the red carpet wasn't just rolled out for him.

Daniel: Thank you for your service. Your whining actions are calling your character into question. You didn't qualify academically to be admitted into VPI. You also had no desire to work towards meeting those requirements. Instead, you've resorted to cutting corners, which is fine. You, of all people, understand that each organization has rules, expects members of that organization to abide by those rules, as there are consequences when one doesn't. Move on .. We'll see you in Death Valley

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree. I had hope for this guy bringing a strong work ethic to Blacksburg to serve as a role model to others. Now he stands for quite the opposite. I hope this dude gets legit playing time so Exum can clean his clock . For real.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I didn't watch the videos, but I'm hoping the "better school" quote wasn't meant as harsh as it read. I personally hope he finds success and is happy at Clemson, as I'm sure most do. Things just didn't work out this time WRT him at Virginia Tech.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I hope he graduates to collegiate level play by a nice stick by Exum. That is the most you will get out of me on this. The dude was VT all the way until he found out he actually had to satisfy transfer requirements just like everyone else. This all after the effort Beamer put out on his behalf (Dan Rather show, etc.).

I prefer "team oriented" kids but that's just me.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NCAA grants Rodriguez waiver to play in 2012 - Clemson Football News - TigerNet.com

Dude is still eating sour grapes because the red carpet wasn't just rolled out for him.

Daniel: Thank you for your service. Your whining actions are calling your character into question. You didn't qualify academically to be admitted into VPI. You also had no desire to work towards meeting those requirements. Instead, you've resorted to cutting corners, which is fine. You, of all people, understand that each organization has rules, expects members of that organization to abide by those rules, as there are consequences when one doesn't. Move on .. We'll see you in Death Valley

I haven't been following this story, but what happened? VT wouldn't give him a walk-on spot?

Seems like Clemson snatched him up for the PR value.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been following this story, but what happened? VT wouldn't give him a walk-on spot?

Seems like Clemson snatched him up for the PR value.

Grades and such weren't good enough to get into VT, didn't feel like putting in the work to meet the requirements to be a Hokie, went to Clemson where requirements are lower .

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He didn't have the minimum grades? Do walk-ons have to get admitted through the regular admission's process?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I am really looking forward to the Military Appreciation Game against Virginia Tech,” he said. “I have so many friends that will be coming down for that game, and I am honored to be a part of it as a Clemson student. I just feel like that is the game where I will have a chance to prove myself. I can say to them, ‘I wanted to come play for you, but now I have landed at a better school.’ But really, it will be just a cool feeling to run out on that field again and be a Clemson Tiger.”

yeah fuck that shit. "i wanted to come play for you, but you're admission standards were more difficult than i had imagined, and i couldn't cut it...so now i have landed at a school that either doesnt have as lofty standards, or they made an exception for me, ya know cuase i was on TV and it makes them look pretty good to accept me."

i was all for this kid, sounded like Beamer was all for this kid, its not VT or Beamer's fault that he couldnt meet the same standards than thousands of people do, every year.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds like he's good for PR, but not really up to snuff.

If he wanted it badly enough, he should have met the admissions qualifications.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah -- i'm not gonna beat the dude up too much .. seems like a good guy who is letting some of the attention go to his head .. and definitely has used his military service and more importantly, his accolades, to his advantage. hate to say it -- but when you have a professionally produced 60-minutes-like film delving into "how he got here" and "his story", it sort of wreaked and i thought that he cheapened his case by it being so hollywood. not taking away what he has accomplished, but he shouldn't get nor expect special treatment. and obviously, he was more concerned with getting there in general, without regard to how he's getting there ... and it is OBVIOUSLY "mainly" a PR move with Clemson, just as it would have been with VT. dabo is a douche .. but he aint stupid

Last edited by a moderator:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
real-bia.jpg

You guys have to check out GhettoMyspace funny as hell