• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
^^^ That's stupid.

Why is that stupid?

That is reality. There is definitely a difference between online courses and in person courses, but there is learning either way.

The future is going to be a mix of methodologies. UVa almost fired their president over this (and that WAS stupid). It seems the elitist pedigree isn't what it used to be.

I think UVa is realizing that other than the mild elitism they're offering, there are lots of other valid educational choices. UVa might be gaining to some degree on VT's football program, but VT is gaining on UVa in every other regard (and is ahead of them in some, like engineering). That really gives them the shivers.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only thing 'stupid' regarding this, is going to be me, for overpaying my student loans (granted only by about $200 a month), when somewhere down the line, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Pres/congress cutting everyone's student loan principal in at least half, for all those kids like my roommate, who graduated 3 years ago and is still fully deferring his :L

Was that in the article?

I don't see anybody cutting student loan principle in half. That would be fool hardy. Obama is getting away with a lot of stuff, but so far he's picking his battles.

Taxpayers aren't an unlimited resource, even with a $1.5 trillion deficit.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that in the article?

I don't see anybody cutting student loan principle in half. That would be fool hardy. Obama is getting away with a lot of stuff, but so far he's picking his battles.

Taxpayers aren't an unlimited resource, even with a $1.5 trillion deficit.

The article only spoke to the trillion+ of student loan debt outstanding and the potential 'bubble'. My comments were more so directed to other articles regarding the topic, and while I don't necessarily see it happening any time soon, or at all, it has been discussed. And would make me feel like a jackass.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The article only spoke to the trillion+ of student loan debt outstanding and the potential 'bubble'. My comments were more so directed to other articles regarding the topic, and while I don't necessarily see it happening any time soon, or at all, it has been discussed. And would make me feel like a jackass.

Kind of like when you subsidize housing/healthcare/anything else?

What's particularly disturbing about student loans is that all the parties concerned (other than the student) are making a profit. If those loans were forgiven, it should be the profit centers, not the taxpayers who pay for it.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of like when you subsidize housing/healthcare/anything else?

unfortunately true. It will be interesting if 'a college degree' isn't a foregone conclusion for every graduating high school senior in the near future with the drastic rise in education costs and possible limits on lending

What's particularly disturbing about student loans is that all the parties concerned (other than the student) are making a profit. If those loans were forgiven, it should be the profit centers, not the taxpayers who pay for it.

Private and 3rd party lenders getting bail outs on bad debt? What is this mess you speak of?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't get enough of these pranks - 6 years later at that. Brings back good memories. Pre-partying listening to these and watching some Chapelle and then pulling all nighters in Adams Morgan. Good times.

I think I want my money back...

Joe Pesci Prank 3 Audio

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched a bunch of videos on youtube of hokie highlights from the last few years. The season cant start soon enough

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who got fucked up by the derecho (wind storm) that hit Ohio, WVA, VA, and DC last night? Pretty much my entire town is without power except my neighborhood. Go me! Air conditioning is awesome.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who got fucked up by the derecho (wind storm) that hit Ohio, WVA, VA, and DC last night? Pretty much my entire town is without power except my neighborhood. Go me! Air conditioning is awesome.
I somehow avoided the storm despite driving from Richmond to Detroit yesterday afternoon. I guess I got lucky with the timing.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
179142_331062906978200_691146167_n.jpg

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My parents are up to 24+ hours of no power in Eastern Loudoun county VA.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I just got power back (within last 10minutes) its been a long 28 or so hours. Never seen so many up rooted/broken off trees in my life.